• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

About a new pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hey people! Long time no see...

Anyway, Im about to make a purchase of a new pc I really need and I was wondering if anyone with better knowledge of computers could tell me if its worth it.

Specs #1:

Core: AMD A4 X2 5300 3.4 GHz, 1 MB
HDD: 1000 GB (no model stated)
RAM: 6 GB DDR3 (no fraquency stated)
VIDEO: AMD Radeon HD 7480D
POWER: 400 W ATX
MB: s. FM2, 2xDDR3,1xPCI-Ex16,GLAN

Price: €285,30

Specs #2:

CORE: INTEL DUAL CORE G3220 3GHz 3MB
RAM: 4GB DDR3 (no fraquency stated)
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 2 GB
POWER: 500 W ATX
MB: INTEL H81M,s1150,PCI-EX,GLAN

Price: €300.61

Both come without an OS and with a DVD+RW.

I can't really decide which should I pick. My friend is telling me their a both equally good, but Im kinda going to choose the second.

I need it for some gaming (DotA2, Archeage, Neverwinter[probably] and some other) and for my editing purposes, both video and image.

Whats your thoughts?

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Do you know if the #2 has free ram sockets? 4GB is very low, especially if you're going to do editing.

There's always the option to wait for couple of months and gather more funds for better specs :)

Level 34
Those are fairly low end for your goals. You're going to be playing modern games at low settings. You can probably run the games you mentioned on med-high.

As far as editing goes, the computers are fairly slow and while they of course will work, it's not ideal for that purpose.

As far as price goes, they seem reasonable. I would personally look for sales and not buy computers at full price. I am not used to Euros though, so it's a bit of a guess.

The computer are pretty much equal to each other. I'd probably go with the AMD since it has more RAM. Everything else is equivalent (I didn't double check the video cards, but I am pretty sure they are comparable).

Level 19
Do you know if the #2 has free ram sockets? 4GB is very low, especially if you're going to do editing.

There's always the option to wait for couple of months and gather more funds for better specs :)

I can't really tell if they have, there isn't much info stated on the salesman website.
No option for more funds, Im pretty much in a rush and thats what I can afford for now.

Those are fairly low end for your goals. You're going to be playing modern games at low settings. You can probably run the games you mentioned on med-high.

As far as editing goes, the computers are fairly slow and while they of course will work, it's not ideal for that purpose.

As far as price goes, they seem reasonable. I would personally look for sales and not buy computers at full price. I am not used to Euros though, so it's a bit of a guess.

The computer are pretty much equal to each other. I'd probably go with the AMD since it has more RAM. Everything else is equivalent (I didn't double check the video cards, but I am pretty sure they are comparable).

If Im able to run the first three games smoothly on mid graphics it will be just fine. Im kind of used to low graphs (been dealing with it for almost 6 years ^_^).

Could you, if possible, build a PC with better parts for the same amount of money?
Im not into hardware that much as Im in software, so Im facing real difficulties while chosing a computer and its parts.

My only desire so far is playing the games and eventually, when funds come, I can save for (or upgrade the current) system so I can procced with the editing parts, no big deal.

Level 34
Can you give a link to the website? If it's not a website, can you provide one that you would use to order parts? Again, I don't know the Euro at all, so I would need to research a bit.

Generally, building doesn't save you money, but it is more fun and you know what parts you're getting. Companies will, for example, put cheap power supply units into their computers to keep the price down. This is something I would not do when I build a computer.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Okay, so, although I don't consider myself very knowledgeable I took a detailed look at them and from what I know I can say that 4 Gigs of RAM is not enough and will probably be an issue for you. 6 is okay but 8 is the number that is optimal for modern games and editing software (especially video). As for the CPU, dual cores are a pain to use. I know first hand. I advise you to look for a quad-core. Maybe Intel i5? No idea bout the GPUs or MB though. I also don't know your budget so it's hard to say what's possible. Anyhow, hope I can be of some use и късмет с търсенето :p

EDIT: I re-read the top comments you made and if you plan on upgrading later then the AMD one is by far better. You get more RAM for a lower price and if the GPUs are indeed identical then you're better off just buying a new CPU later instead of adding on RAM as well.

Level 34
As far as the CPU is concerned, quad core won't help that much with gaming. Unless things have changed in the past year.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

As far as the CPU is concerned, quad core won't help that much with gaming. Unless things have changed in the past year.

Not sure either but my CPU is slightly bellow the AMD one and is starting to give me trouble to the point where I'm running the newer games I can run at low settings.

Level 19
I suggest you buy used with those funds, otherwise it'll be very difficult to build anything worth getting.

Used ones are by the far the worst choice here.. Can't imagine what kind of systems I've occured during my research.

Anyway, I'm probably gonna take the AMD one, as it seems the more RAM is much better choice since the GPUs are identical (Nvidia benchmark is a 10 points higher than the Radeon one).

Even if I don't get either, I'm gonna look forward if they run any promotions for the winter holidays and get something better.

Currently they have this:

Core: INTEL CORE i3-4150 3.5 GHz 3MB
HDD: 2000 GB (no model stated)
RAM: 4 GB (no fraquency stated)
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 2 GB
POWER: 300 W
MB: Intel H81 Express Chipset

Price: €431.40

This one also comes with a keyboard and mouse and it also has several more ports (HDMI, etc).
I know it's a little bit better, but it is currently not affordable for me.

Level 34
That 300 watt psu is a bit sketchy. It should be all you need, but I don't like using less than 400, and even that is rare. I usually go 500 to leave room for larger video cards and whatnot.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

The CPU on the currently on sale is good I believe but the 2 TB HDD is a bit overkill if you ask me. I don't know about you but I have trouble filling up even 500 so 1 TB should be enough. As for the GPUs, I prefer ATI cards though admittedly they do eat up more power.

Level 34
The CPU on the currently on sale is good I believe but the 2 TB HDD is a bit overkill if you ask me. I don't know about you but I have trouble filling up even 500 so 1 TB should be enough. As for the GPUs, I prefer ATI cards though admittedly they do eat up more power.
I have no problem filling 1TB. I currently have a 1TB external, 500GB internal, 125 SSD, and another 1tb portable external. Only the portable external (which is new) has much space.

Level 19
The NVidia ones have non-gaming GPUs due to their numbering (anything X10 or X30 is low end). Not sure about the AMD ones. In any case they will only handle low settings.

So you're are telling me that this:

Core: AMD A4 X2 5300 3.4 GHz, 1 MB
RAM: 6 GB DDR3 (no fraquency stated)
VIDEO: AMD Radeon HD 7480D
POWER: 400 W ATX
MB: s. FM2, 2xDDR3,1xPCI-Ex16,GLAN

Won't be able to run DotA2 at least on medium?
If so, im doomed.

Level 15
To be blunt. You can't get a new "gaming" PC for 300$. ATM, 450$ ~ 500$ is the very bottom for anything decent.
At 300$, get a secondhand PC.

GTX 610 and HD 7480 are the second worst cards in their generations, so they won't offer you significantly better performance than the integrated graphic, if any.

Second, 4Gb of RAM is perfectly fine for such a low budget build, it's not as good as 8Gb, but we have to stay reasonable.

I could list a decent build off that site (about 500$), but for 300$, plainly speaking impossible.

Level 19
I could list a decent build off that site (about 500$), but for 300$, plainly speaking impossible.

Do so, im looking forward for more options.

Velm, these are is Euros, so it would be about $500 US.

I post the prices in euros because I thought most of us here live in Europe, apparantly not. The prices are in BGN (Bulgarian Lev). You can use USD or EURO, no much difference.

Level 15
Velm, these are is Euros, so it would be about $500 US.

300 EUR is around 370 USD. But my bad anyway, I'm used to everyone using USD when refering to PC components.

Anyway, is building your own PC an option? Because buying a premade ones limit you quite a bit.

Also none of these PCs are meant for gaming (on the site you linked). The best GPU I saw on those is GTX 630, which is still crap.
Do you have any other sites to buy from? Preferably single components instead of whole desktop PCs.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

I'd suggest checking eMAG.bg but I don't know how to change the language to english and if it is even possible :/

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

All the offers I've checked there so far are with intergrated graphics and I don't want that exactly.

I meant checking for individual parts. That's probably the best way to get a PC since the prebuilt ones usually aren't worth it.

Level 15
I'd suggest checking eMAG.bg but I don't know how to change the language to english and if it is even possible :/

Regarding that site, their stock is quite limited, they only have like 270s and 250s, but no 260s, which is weird, but I managed to assemble something, for about 330e.
The picture is in the desciption. OS and DVD drive are not included, but the gaming performance should be perfectly fine at 720p.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    151.9 KB · Views: 84
Level 19
Regarding that site, their stock is quite limited, they only have like 270s and 250s, but no 260s, which is weird, but I managed to assemble something, for about 330e.
The picture is in the desciption. OS and DVD drive are not included, but the gaming performance should be perfectly fine at 720p.

Damn this looks really fine... and the price is good as well. I'll see what I can do to get the extra funds now and see if I can get this one.

Thank you.

Level 34
That 4bg seems low, and the RAM seems expensive. Why not get cheaper RAM and more? Is the bus speed worth it?

Level 15
That 4bg seems low, and the RAM seems expensive. Why not get cheaper RAM and more? Is the bus speed worth it?

The price difference between 1333 and 1600 is marginal.
Prices sometimes flip around and besides the hyperx fury are some of the best budget ramsticks around.

Also, you'd be surprised at the amount of games I managed to run on my tablet with its 2gb. (Including LoL, DotA2 and SC2.

Level 14
I'll just drop my suggestion here.

The site is hardwareversand.de, a German site. I've ordered from there before and I remember that the shipping was pretty cheap, something like 15 eur.

So, explanations:

• 8GB-Kit Crucial Ballistix Sport Series DDR3-1600, CL9
    Frankly the first ones I saw when I entered the category. Trustworthy brand, decent speed and price.
  • Seagate Barracuda 7200 1000GB, SATA 6Gb/s
    A generic 1 TB drive.
  • XFX PRO550W Core Edition Full Wired Power Supply
    These Core Editions are manufactured for XFX by Seasonic, the best brand for power supplies.
  • ASUS A88XM-A, FM2+, mATX
    A budget motherboard by a trustworthy brand.
  • AMD A-Series A10-7850K Box mit AMD Radeon R7 Series Graphics (95W), FM2 +
    Now this is an AMD Kaveri APU. It's a decent CPU with an integrated GPU. The integrated graphics is the main selling point for these, I think it'll outperform any 50€ discrete piece of crap. So for your budget, I'd definitely get one of these instead of a budget Intel and a cheapo nvidia.
  • BitFenix Prodigy M - weiß, ohne Netzteil
    A beautiful Bitfenix Prodigy, mATX version. Has tons of other color options too.

e2c086ca4a.png

And when I suggested buying used, I meant browsing forums and places where computer enthusiasts buy and sell their components, not going to your local flea market to look for 20 year old relics.

Level 15
The availability and prices vary from country to country, Germany gets much better prices and a wider selection of brands than any country on the Balkans.

Level 14
Yeah, that's why I recommend buying from there. Mindfactory is another German shop with similar prices, but with a bit higher shipping cost. Oh, and I'm not German, so the shipping cost I mentioned wasn't domestic.

Amazon.co.uk/.de can also be a good option sometimes, and they have free shipping into some European countries. For example, I found this R9 290 for 280€, which I find amazing since it costs around 400€ where I live:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00HFA44YQ/

And another tip; http://geizhals.eu/ is a good site for comparing prices. Just search for the product you want, and it'll list different online shops and their prices. Obviously you'll want to ignore some of the more obscure looking stores that might have an expensive shipping and non-English site, and look for major and well-known shops like Mindfactory and Amazon instead.

Level 19
I'll just drop my suggestion here.

The site is hardwareversand.de, a German site. I've ordered from there before and I remember that the shipping was pretty cheap, something like 15 eur.

So, explanations:

• 8GB-Kit Crucial Ballistix Sport Series DDR3-1600, CL9
    Frankly the first ones I saw when I entered the category. Trustworthy brand, decent speed and price.
  • Seagate Barracuda 7200 1000GB, SATA 6Gb/s
    A generic 1 TB drive.
  • XFX PRO550W Core Edition Full Wired Power Supply
    These Core Editions are manufactured for XFX by Seasonic, the best brand for power supplies.
  • ASUS A88XM-A, FM2+, mATX
    A budget motherboard by a trustworthy brand.
  • AMD A-Series A10-7850K Box mit AMD Radeon R7 Series Graphics (95W), FM2 +
    Now this is an AMD Kaveri APU. It's a decent CPU with an integrated GPU. The integrated graphics is the main selling point for these, I think it'll outperform any 50€ discrete piece of crap. So for your budget, I'd definitely get one of these instead of a budget Intel and a cheapo nvidia.
  • BitFenix Prodigy M - weiß, ohne Netzteil
    A beautiful Bitfenix Prodigy, mATX version. Has tons of other color options too.

e2c086ca4a.png

And when I suggested buying used, I meant browsing forums and places where computer enthusiasts buy and sell their components, not going to your local flea market to look for 20 year old relics.

This is beyond my reach, I won't be able to afford it and I don't really want an intergrated graphics at this moment. On top, it has a shipping fee. Im really looking for a local (bulgarian) seller. If you could use the websites I provided above, that'd be really nice.

Level 14
No can do, I don't have a Cyrillic keyboard and have no idea how to navigate those sites. You can do it yourself though, just search for the items in the screenshot.

Regarding the integrated graphics; what's the problem with them? They aren't inherently inferior to discrete ones, and you can add a discrete card later. Besides, the graphics chip integrated in A10-7850K which I suggested is roughly equivalent with the R7 250 that someone above suggested. With that budget, buying them separately would be a waste.

Level 15
No can do, I don't have a Cyrillic keyboard and have no idea how to navigate those sites.

First of all, use google translate.

Second of all, component names are named in latin alphabet so you can look for them easily enough.

A10-7850K which I suggested is roughly equivalent with the R7 250 that someone above suggested.

That someone reads benchmarks before saying random things.

Medium Settings 1080p - 28fps (average) - A10 7850K (100%)
index.php

High Settings 1080p - 38fps (Average) - R7 250 (136%)
+ take into account that this is 38 fps at high settings and not medium, so the gap is even wider.
Hi-Bio-FR.png

Level 15
Because AMD CPUs were the only ones fitting the budget. Personally I'd go with Athlon X4 860 and spend the rest of the money on the GPU.
Yes AMD eats electricity, but between Intel's Pentium G3258 and 4690K there are no overclockable CPUs in between. (Theres the 4670k, which costs the same as 4690k)

Level 34
How much electricity are we talking about though? PCs don't generally take that much to power.

Level 15
140W for normal AM3+ CPUs and 220W for the FX9590 and 9370.

Current Intel CPUs pull 84W on LGA1150 and up to 150W on LGA2011.

Level 14
First of all, use google translate.

Second of all, component names are named in latin alphabet so you can look for them easily enough.

Of course, I just didn't want to bother.

That someone reads benchmarks before saying random things.

Medium Settings 1080p - 28fps (average) - A10 7850K (100%)
index.php

High Settings 1080p - 38fps (Average) - R7 250 (136%)
+ take into account that this is 38 fps at high settings and not medium, so the gap is even wider.
Hi-Bio-FR.png

Those benchmarks are from two different entities and thus tell us nothing about their actual relative performance.

Level 15
I don't see you supporting your statement with any facts. Not to mention that 250 is pretty much a repainted 7770, which is significantly more powerful than any of the currently available APUs.

Status
Not open for further replies.