• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[UPDATE] Gaming PC Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi all!

So in my previous thread I asked for help on building a custom pc with cheaper specs than I had thought of. I have updated my options now to these (I've also put the prices this time for clarity):

Azza Triton $59
i5-2500K Core i5 Processor, 3.3 GHz $15
Intel Certified CPU Fan and Heatsink
Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 USB 3.0 Crossfire $55
AMD Radeon HD6850 1GB $179
G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1333MHz $29
Seagate / Western Digital 500 GB Hard Drive SATA III 6GB/s
22x Dual Layer DVD RW Burner Drive NERO Software Included
3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard
Onboard LAN Network (GB or 10/100)
54Mbps Wireless PCI $19

Ok you may notice the prices a bit cheap thats because the Case, CPU, Mobo, GPU, RAM and WiFi are all upgrade prices. Not standalone prices. I've taken into account what many people on my previous thread have said but I've decided not to buy a CPU or Mobo seperately at this point because I don't want to mess with the connections or heat-gel etc.
So the main question (^as you can see there is no PSU^) is what PSU I should get. I've decided on trying to get a 550W to 600W PSU preferably 80+. But I don't know any in an affordable price range. I'm also pretty sure that 550 to 600 should be enough for the HD6850. Now I haven't changed the GPU because I want something that, like the 6850, can run newer games on High settings. But if you guys recommend a better (cheaper) GPU with same performance go ahead and tell me :)
Also taking into account previous feedback, I've decided to not get Cooling. Do you believe that with my setup the stock Intel cooling is enough?

Ok thanks a lot everyone and sorry about the super-long threead :p
Again all your comments are appreciated and I can't thank those who helped me out on the previous thread enough. You've already saved me like $400.
(BTW I live in Australia so AUD prices would be nice ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.