• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

ability damage 1st unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
do u know what ability(base) that only damage the 1st unit

ex:i want like carrion swarm or shockwave(point target)
that just damage the 1st unit in line
and behind the 1st unit take no damage at all.

hmm.. like stampede(the projectile just damage 1 unit)

Level 4
Maybe setting the max damage of the Carrion Swarm to the same value as damage itself would do the trick.

the projectile dissapear..?

ex: carrion swarm i set the range to 1000
and deal damage to unit at 300 range, does the projectile dissapear ..?

ust use the Stampede Spell tho, and edit it.

i think stampede using radius.. not range....

Level 8
hmm.. like stampede(the projectile just damage 1 unit)

It doesn't. It explodes and damages multiple units.

Mr Dagguh, I don't think that would work. I think the damage cap splits up the damage between the units rather than stopping doing damage after reaching the cap. What I am saying, is that if there are 5 units, and the shockwave's damage and damage cap both are 50, all units will take 10 damage each rather than one unit taking 50 damage. I'm not sure though.

Level 5
It doesn't. It explodes and damages multiple units.

Mr Dagguh, I don't think that would work. I think the damage cap splits up the damage between the units rather than stopping doing damage after reaching the cap. What I am saying, is that if there are 5 units, and the shockwave's damage and damage cap both are 50, all units will take 10 damage each rather than one unit taking 50 damage. I'm not sure though.

You shouldn't be sure. Shockwave and similar spells deal damage as soon as they collide with victim units. Just set the projectile speed to a low value, give it horrendous damage and see that units closer to the caster will die first. So how could the game predict how many units will the spell hit in the future and basing on this, distribute the damage equally? Yes, it can't.

That is all based on what I remember. I don't have WC3 here, so I can't test it out. Try it yourself.

PS. That means I am not sure too :D.

Level 17
You shouldn't be sure. Shockwave and similar spells deal damage as soon as they collide with victim units. Just set the projectile speed to a low value, give it horrendous damage and see that units closer to the caster will die first. So how could the game predict how many units will the spell hit in the future and basing on this, distribute the damage equally? Yes, it can't.

That is all based on what I remember. I don't have WC3 here, so I can't test it out. Try it yourself.

PS. That means I am not sure too :D.

You're right, it deals damage until the cap is set. But the issue with the effect is still left.

Status
Not open for further replies.