• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigger AOE damage or single target, instant & timed dmg trigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
what is faster if i want do aoe dmg?
pick every unit around the caster and do single target damage or area damage?
maybe this obviosly to few people but i want ask,
the time in aoe damage is a similiar delay like wait?
lets say i use gui damage detection system and set dmgeventtype=2 before aoe damage trigger but aoe dmg time is lets say 10second then after 5 sec target get a hit (and 5sec before aoe dmg applied) then dmgeventtype its applied to 1st damage? or timed dmg is registered to somewhere just take effect only after 10sec?
  • Unit - Cause *Attacker* to damage circular area after *time* seconds of radius *radius* at *point*, dealing *damage amount* damage of attack type *attack type* and damage type *damage type*
3. lets say i use single target trigger dmg for a nove effect, then i can pick this:
pick every unit in 600 range who isnt closer than 500 range?

for similate the nove damage take effect when special effect reach the target
(or cant coz trigger sleep dont work well with 0.1 sec?)

Level 37
1. Picking units within range allows you to filter out unanted units. Damaging area damages allies also

2. Yeah, it uses TriggerSleepAction (=wait), so using global variables before that action could cause it to be not MUI.

3. Pick units within 600 and then do a if/then/else checking distance is > 500.

For a delayed wave thing, you can periodically check units that way. Update the pick range and the min range based on speed and time.

Status
Not open for further replies.