• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Damage Area (only hostile units?) + coloured spell effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Heya, me again... two minor questions:
1st: When i use trigger "order unit to deal x damage to x area blah blah", it also damages friendly units, and caster too if he is in melee range. How can i make this to damage only hostile units? Use trigger to pick every unit in /x/ area around /point of ability being cast, or sth like that/ and use trigger to deal damage to each of them instead? (I guess that should work the same way, just seems more complicated) Or is there simple command as 1st one for that too and im missing it? (easy question)*

And 2nd one: Can i somehow recolour some spell effects? For example, changing colour of Crushing wave from blue to red and so on. Is it possible ingame? Or id have to tinker about with model editor and change texture or something?

Yeh, two easy questions out of my newbie curiosity.. Thanks for help!

*also, out of curiosity, optional question - what are all those damage types in /order unit to deal damage to unit/ trigger for? there are like 20types, from Normal through fire, force, sonic, death to plant damage, (plant and sonic damage? :O), what... what is it? :D

Level 25
1. You need to damage each unit individually.
Unit group - pick every unit in range matching unit is an enemy and do
Unit - cause triggering unit to damage picked unit

2. You need to edit the model. Go grab Magos War 3 Model Editor in the tools section.
Open the model in it, then go Window -> Node Manager, and in the node list you'll see each node, double click it and fiddle with the colours.

Level 7
Mkay, 1st question is solved, but about the second one...
i tried that good Model Editor of Magos (ive got some small experience with modeling there), opened Crushing Wave file and changed all colours in Node Manager frin blue to red (Plane nodes had no colour data, same for Dummy, i changed blue colour in "BlizzRibbon" stuff), and i managed to change only colour of some foam or steam particles or whatever above Wave, wave itself is still blue :/

May i ask for some further help, please? it seems it would require some small texture changes or what, and i never managed to change textures there :D

Level 7
2. Sometimes you can make the spell triggered and give a unit the spell effect model, and recolour the dummy.

I tried doing this one, peon with model of Crushing Wave, changed colour to red, but it didnt work :/ so i guess ill have to change texture of that wave

EDIT: Okay, i tried giving unit model of Crushing Wave and changed color, and it works :D (ive tried it veery long time ago and i thought it didnt work back then.. bad memory :/ ), however, i cant turn it to red colour, as it has got no red colour :D i can get green wave though. Ill try to tinker about with this and see if i can come up with red wave (i want red wave for my spell), i hope so :D

Level 7
UPDATE:
Mkay, i played with it, but i tried texturing, modeling but i could find non-corrupted link to download Oinkles Vertex Modify (i guess i deleted mine long time ago) (many links for Magos Editor were broken too), so i cant change textures very much.

I managed to change colour of Carrion swarm to red as unit model, but i couldnt delete those frickin bats there, (i need vertexmodify for that), and i still dont know how to change colour of that Crushing Wave to red (those 2 are actually identical, except for those bats and that i cant make red crushing wave unit).

So, again - good guide how to change model of Crushing wave to red colour? i dunno which texture or what to change, and changing Node colours affected only particles around wave, not wave itself.

Its so frickin long i bet somebody will misread something, no offense :D
and thanks :D

Level 1
No need to change textures here.
In the Magos War 3 Model Editor, open the Crushing Wave model and:
Windows-> Node Manager-> Change the color of both Particle and Ribbon Emmitters.
Windows-> Geoset Animation Manager-> Change the color of the Geoset Anims.

I did it myself so you should give it a try :D.

Level 7
Yeh, i shouldve updated this, but i thought nobody will reply anymore :D

Danasius:
it took me some time but i eventually found that Geoset animation manager and changed colour there (texture was transparent, i knew i had to find something that makes that green/blue colour, but did not know what, so i searched everywhere :D) and changed it, and today i also turned Animate Dead spell to yellow (holy) version of it (but for some reason it bugged ingame, ill check that later)

Adiktuz: Err, seems complicated for me, and uses Jass at which im utterly useless, but thanks for advice, maybe after i get some skill :D

And thanks, now i sort-of know how to change at least colour of spell effects, soon i might get to harder things :D(a.k.a everything)

Status
Not open for further replies.