• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 - Poll

Who deserves your vote to win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
thread_hive_logo-png.323627

p_mini-png.311514
ct_mapping-png.311496
contest-png.311487
p_hash-png.311483
1-png.311474
5-png.311478

thread_poll-png.311518

sowc3-jpg.324868

Secrets of Warcraft 3

Contestants are to create a custom map that uses the hidden content within Warcraft 3 or is inspired by any of the many secrets within the game. We're happy to run this contest alongside @Abelhawk , who has a detailed video series of the Easter eggs in Warcraft 3.

other_rules_and_conditions-png.311513

• Each user can only vote once in the poll, but you can vote for up to 5 maps.
  • Judges can't vote in the public poll.
  • You cannot vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
  • You cannot create multiple accounts to vote for an entry in the poll. If a voter has been found to be using multiple accounts none of the voters votes will count in the final result.
  • You cannot bribe users for votes. Contestants who break this rule will be disqualified and given negative reputation.
  • You cannot invite friends to vote strictly for you in the poll.
You are very welcome to make a short statement what you like the most, so contestants get a bit of public feedback!

other_prizes-png.311512

• First Place: 45 reputation points and your entry on the award icon
  • Second Place: 30 reputation points and an award icon
  • Third Place: 15 reputation points and an award icon
  • Finished entry and judges: 5 reputation points

other_judges-png.311510

other_entries-png.311509

Name
Entry

gusanomental
Click

Leods
Click

Retera
Click

Edy
Click

Marjosh38
Click

Cokemonkey11
Click

lolreported
Click

AbellFan2004
Click

Download
Quick download all

other_contest_judging-png.311506

Theme
How well does the entry follow the theme?.15%

Gameplay

The fun factor: Does the whole package create an enjoyable experience for the player?
e.g. Are the mechanics enjoyable, is there replayability, the plot compelling, ...?
45%

Aesthetics
Does it look good? How polished are the details such as terrain, preview pictures, title, in-game texts and icons?30%

Technical
Does the map run well performance-wise? Are there lots of bugs, broken triggers, or functions that do not work?10%

other_dates_and_deadline-png.311507

The poll shall begin on July 11th 2019 and conclude on July 23rd 2019 23:59 GMT.

Attachments

• Hive MMC 15.zip
    50 MB · Views: 332

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Isn't the poll time too short? I mean even for the music contests, we have about a month or so if I'm not mistaken and playing maps isn't as fast as listening to a song before voting.

I need confirmation on Path of Devotion as the map crashes when I try loading the game on 1.31.1.
I was in Wirt's zone.

EDIT: saving the game and loading it right at the start also crashes the game but before you can see Wirt's Leg spawning near the hero.

LoL, restarting the map when deciding to go back, shows the Waiting for Host and Disconnect box.
Heh, could not reproduce it after restarting 2 times in a row the same way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 19
I need confirmation on Path of Devotion as the map crashes when I try loading the game on 1.31.1.
I was in Wirt's zone.

EDIT: saving the game and loading it right at the start also crashes the game but before you can see Wirt's Leg spawning near the hero.

LoL, restarting the map when deciding to go back, shows the Waiting for Host and Disconnect box.
Heh, could not reproduce it after restarting 2 times in a row the same way.
I can confirm saving and then loading the map causes a crash and I managed to find the issue. It's the new UI natives that crash the game when you load. If I disable the UI triggers the game won't crash when you load a saved game.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
I believe it wasn't possible to play as Player 2 on my map so I just updated it and now it's working. I'll be very grateful if a mod can replace the old version from the .zip with the newer one, sorry for the mess.
Then, everyone should benefit from a certain fix which should've been done until the deadline. Any update after this will get the attention in Maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.