1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Results have come out of the old ARENA oven. Check out who won the 30th Texturing Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey guys, we've posted the Results for the 30th Modeling Contest. Check them out!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 15th Mini-Mapping Contest came to an end. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 are soon to be revealed! Come and vote in the public poll for your favorite maps.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 12th incarnation of the Music Contest is LIVE! The theme is Synthwave. Knight Rider needs a song to listen to on his journey. You should definitely have some fun with this theme!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 - Poll

Discussion in 'The Arena' started by Landmine, Jul 11, 2019.

?

Who deserves your vote to win?

Poll closed Yesterday at 2:03 AM.
  1. Shovelers vs Temps - Cokemonkey11

4.8%
  2. Defense of the Pandaren Drinking Area - gusanomental

28.6%
  3. Path of Devotion - lolreported

66.7%
  4. Sasquatch Secret Society (SSS) - Leods

9.5%
  5. Califlorida Capture - Retera

4.8%
  6. Pre-Damnation - Edy

33.3%
  7. Rise of the Ancients - Marjosh38

9.5%
  8. The Battle for Nature - AbellFan2004

4.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Landmine

Landmine

Multimedia Manager

Resources:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Secrets of Warcraft 3

Contestants are to create a custom map that uses the hidden content within Warcraft 3 or is inspired by any of the many secrets within the game. We're happy to run this contest alongside @Abelhawk , who has a detailed video series of the Easter eggs in Warcraft 3.

[​IMG]
    • Each user can only vote once in the poll, but you can vote for up to 5 maps.
    • Judges can't vote in the public poll.
    • You cannot vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
    • You cannot create multiple accounts to vote for an entry in the poll. If a voter has been found to be using multiple accounts none of the voters votes will count in the final result.
    • You cannot bribe users for votes. Contestants who break this rule will be disqualified and given negative reputation.
    • You cannot invite friends to vote strictly for you in the poll.
    You are very welcome to make a short statement what you like the most, so contestants get a bit of public feedback!

[​IMG]
    • First Place: 45 reputation points and your entry on the award icon
    • Second Place: 30 reputation points and an award icon
    • Third Place: 15 reputation points and an award icon
    • Finished entry and judges: 5 reputation points

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Name Entry
    gusanomental Click
    Leods Click
    Retera Click
    Edy Click
    Marjosh38 Click
    Cokemonkey11 Click
    lolreported Click
    AbellFan2004 Click
    Download Quick download all

[​IMG]
    Theme How well does the entry follow the theme?. 15%
    Gameplay The fun factor: Does the whole package create an enjoyable experience for the player?
    e.g. Are the mechanics enjoyable, is there replayability, the plot compelling, ...?
    45%
    Aesthetics Does it look good? How polished are the details such as terrain, preview pictures, title, in-game texts and icons? 30%
    Technical Does the map run well performance-wise? Are there lots of bugs, broken triggers, or functions that do not work? 10%

[​IMG]

The poll shall begin on July 11th 2019 and conclude on July 23rd 2019 23:59 GMT.

Attached Files:

2. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Good luck contestants.

3. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Good luck! Some interesting maps there.

4. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Isn't the poll time too short? I mean even for the music contests, we have about a month or so if I'm not mistaken and playing maps isn't as fast as listening to a song before voting.

I need confirmation on Path of Devotion as the map crashes when I try loading the game on 1.31.1.
    I was in Wirt's zone.

EDIT: saving the game and loading it right at the start also crashes the game but before you can see Wirt's Leg spawning near the hero.

LoL, restarting the map when deciding to go back, shows the Waiting for Host and Disconnect box.
    Heh, could not reproduce it after restarting 2 times in a row the same way.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2019
  5. lolreported

lolreported

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I can confirm saving and then loading the map causes a crash and I managed to find the issue. It's the new UI natives that crash the game when you load. If I disable the UI triggers the game won't crash when you load a saved game.

6. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That's good but also sad since the contest entry is bugged :|

7. lolreported

lolreported

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Yes, unfortunately most things break when saving and loading in Warcraft 3 without heavy precautions.

8. gusanomental

gusanomental

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I believe it wasn't possible to play as Player 2 on my map so I just updated it and now it's working. I'll be very grateful if a mod can replace the old version from the .zip with the newer one, sorry for the mess.

9. Leods

Leods

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm a bit worry for my entry, and the "mini-map" concept. What is Mini-map? Can my map be considerated as one?

10. gusanomental

gusanomental

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    To me, the 'mini-' thing implies the map is a casual game with clear objectives, easy-to-learn mechanics and relatively fast-paced gameplay. Subjectivity aside, the only real difference with the rest of the maps out there is that a map from a contest was made within a certain time limit following a certain theme.

11. Retera

Retera

Tool Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm still a bit amazed that I got my entry to be something playable at all with Califlorida Capture. I was going for "elegant simplicity."
    I'm not too sure if I got to the elegance. You'll have to test it and find out.

12. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Then, everyone should benefit from a certain fix which should've been done until the deadline. Any update after this will get the attention in Maps.

13. Otherknownoise

Otherknownoise

Resources:
    Resources: