• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A request that will favor all [Dragon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
As we all know, the dragons in warcraft III are terrible, both in textures and design, there are a few custom models out there that are barely worth the mention, and im sure that im not the only one who had to change his idea of a unit that was suppose to be a dragon into something else just because there is no model close to what every one picture in their head, so my request to all the great modelers in the great Hive, is to try and make a model worth calling a dragon, my personal request is a Frost dragon,drake,wyrm, yes, a simple idea, but a hard one to be executed well, i have been searching widely for it, but i found nothing close to it, and i need it so.
Thus, i make a plea to all the modelers, to take up my request not only for my benefit, but for the benefit of all.
Thank you for taking up the challenge, and if not, thank you for taking the time and attention to read my request.
Cheers!

Level 3
Bolding and sizing up the text won't do any good you know.

It's painful to the eye and I doubt every modeler around would jump in and do the request this instant.
Thank you for the advice, changes made.

Level 3
Direfury recently made a great Dragon model that really 'corrects' a lot of the issues with Wc3 Dragons.

Also, Sellenisko & Misha released a "ProtoDrake Rider", from which the Dragon is pretty good.

Otherwise, good luck.

I know about misha and selleniskos protodrake, but i cant find direfurys model that you are talking about.

And on the other hand, i need it with animations.

Level 3
You mean sort of like this?

attachment.php

Attachments

• BlondeHead.png
    BlondeHead.png
    541.3 KB · Views: 286
Level 3
Holy C*ap, Blizzard had one good dragon model in wc3 and they scraped it ?

Level 3
War3x.mpq - UI\Glues\MainMenu\MainMenu3d_exp\FrostWyrm.blp

Edit: One more image of the dragon viewed from a different angle.
G1lET4v.jpg
That dragon is perfect, i just cant imagine why would they leave it like that untouched, it amazes me, with a little bit of more extra work on it, it could be just..just perfection at its finest.

Level 3
I'm afraid no, you will have to ask someone with modeling knowledge to recreate the model.
Damn... well if it needs to be recreated, better off making a whole new model, well i guess il keep on waiting for some one to take my request.

Level 3
It's a poor substitute, but I bet it wouldn't be hard to re-wrap any old Wc3 Dragon with that fancy Frost Wyrm texture from Wc3 Alpha.
Yeah i know, but at this point there nothing more suitable, if it could be re-wraped, or done with better textures. The idea of the model is great tho.

Level 3
War3x.mpq - UI\Glues\MainMenu\MainMenu3d_exp\FrostWyrm.blp

Edit: One more image of the dragon viewed from a different angle.
G1lET4v.jpg

Yeah, that be great, i just hope the file size isnt too scary like most wow rips.

Level 3
Its 3.4MB,i dont know
i upload it anyway , maybe you will need it

That's what i had in mind, 3,4MB is way too big for a model, when your map limit is 7MB, the model maybe awesome, but it isnt useful when its too big.

Status
Not open for further replies.