• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

A Project that I've been working on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Continuing with the port.

Attachments

• PortCityDay.png
    PortCityDay.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 164
  • PortCityNight2.png
    PortCityNight2.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 103
  • PortCityDay2.png
    PortCityDay2.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 100
  • PortCityNight.png
    PortCityNight.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 94
Level 4
Some more screens of the progress.

Attachments

• Port01.png
    Port01.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 119
  • Port02.png
    Port02.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 87
  • Forest.png
    Forest.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 87
Level 4
I like that snow model, the first pic is really cool.

What kind of project is this? You wrote "campaign", are you working on your own or do you have a triggerer?

Working on my own, mostly improvising as I don't really have a clear direction for the campaign. It is still pretty raw, so there's no point in triggering right now. I'll focus on the triggers (or find someone who can since I'm not good at it) once at least a single major map in the campaign is finished.
That's why I'm posting on the Terrain Board instead of Map Development.

Level 14
Yea ok, its just that many great terrains go to waste because nobody wants to trigger those maps (and the other way around) :(
Are you trying to stay under the 8mb limit? If you are unsure about the projects future it might be a good idea to keep the possibility to turn this into a multiplayer map. The problem with singleplayer maps is that people play them once, maybe twice.. you can add as much content and replayability, but the reason why people still play wc3 is the multiplayer.

(Just posting my thoughts on this, i dont want to tell you what to do)

Level 4
Yea ok, its just that many great terrains go to waste because nobody wants to trigger those maps (and the other way around) :(
Are you trying to stay under the 8mb limit? If you are unsure about the projects future it might be a good idea to keep the possibility to turn this into a multiplayer map. The problem with singleplayer maps is that people play them once, maybe twice.. you can add as much content and replayability, but the reason why people still play wc3 is the multiplayer.

(Just posting my thoughts on this, i dont want to tell you what to do)

It's a campaign similar to the Rexxar one, and is over 50 mb right now (Although it has lots of unused models/textures). So multiplayer without cutting a lot of content is not possible i think.
The scrapped version is available for download from the first post, it already has a single map with a finished terrain, so if anyone wants to trigger it, then feel free to do so.

Yeah, even with Local Files, I'm not sure how it will be possible to implement the dungeons. They're not just placed in the main map, they have their own separate maps like in the Rexxar campaign.

Level 14
They look great except for some of the models in number 4. Specifically, it looks like the chains are just hanging in the middle of the room somehow. The torture table is also a little meh. Luckily the darkness of the area distracts from the poor texture used.

Level 4
I've made a video regarding the camera and the playability of the campaign. It shows the old, scrapped map but the newer maps should be using the same camera system. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDRGCsuplPY

Plus a new WIP of the starting area, this time I don't think there will be any major revamps.

Attachments

• Famine.png
    Famine.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 112
Level 14
It looks good. Can't wait to see what you cook up in terms of storyline and gameplay. By the looks of the dungeons and caves and such it should be pretty interesting.

Level 4
I've updated the first post with a newer version of the campaign, it contains a fully pathed map with which you can play around in game (no quests or creeps for now), and several others which are not finished yet, but you can view them in the editor if you want.

You can use the up and down arrow keys in "Redstone Plains" to change the day/night (down for night, up for day).

Level 4
Ingame screenshots of the prologue. I'm not sure if the fog or the color scheme itself is fitting. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• ForgottenValeInG5.png
    ForgottenValeInG5.png
    2 MB · Views: 108
  • ForgottenValeInG4.png
    ForgottenValeInG4.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 104
  • ForgottenValeInG3.png
    ForgottenValeInG3.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 121
  • ForgottenValeInG2.png
    ForgottenValeInG2.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 91
  • ForgottenValeInG1.png
    ForgottenValeInG1.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 156
Level 4
The fog is a bit too light as of now to be night, it hints to a twilight of sorts o.o

You could darken it a lil bit more and even give it a slight tint of dark brown with that dark blue :p

Got it.
In the meantime I'll be dumping some more cave screenshots.

Attachments

• CrystalCave.png
    CrystalCave.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 113
Level 4
Another WIP incoming.

Attachments

• PorcelainRuins1.png
    PorcelainRuins1.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 127
  • PorcelainRuins2.png
    PorcelainRuins2.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 117
  • PorcelainRuins3.png
    PorcelainRuins3.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 104
Level 4
Well done. I see a lot of individual bricks there. I guess it must have been awful to place them all in thar :p

The bricks aren't individual, that's just 2 different pile o' bricks models. Some of the lower layers in the model are hidden in the ground to make them less alike to each other. Placing them one by one individually would've been too irksome. :vw_death:

Level 4
Trying to make Skyrim tier mountain ranges. Screenshot of the progress so far, WIP.

Attachments

• MountainRange2.png
    MountainRange2.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 117
Level 4
Good work man. It starts to resemble Skyrim mountains a bit. Watch the cloud/glow tint though :)
skyrim5.jpg

P.S minor thread highjack ;D
Yeap! The terrain is inspired by the mountainous pathway that leads to Riverwood from Whiterun.

RoadToWhiterun.jpg

The fog might be a bit too much, but cool terrain.
I know, it was thick mainly to hide the unfinished side of the terrain. The thickness has been reduced now that the terrain is fleshed out a bit.

Attachments

• MountainDay.png
    MountainDay.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 105
  • MountainNight.png
    MountainNight.png
    861 KB · Views: 86
Level 4
Reworked the dungeon that I showed previously. Plus some new WIPs.
Wowah, those look cool. Though might be a bit dark. (sorry for the continous rants)
Thanks, and feedback is always welcome. No need to call it a rant.

Attachments

• WIP2.png
    WIP2.png
    3 MB · Views: 182
  • Wip1.png
    Wip1.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 156
  • Asylum3.png
    Asylum3.png
    716.4 KB · Views: 105
  • Asylum2.png
    Asylum2.png
    1 MB · Views: 114
  • Asylum1.png
    Asylum1.png
    575 KB · Views: 119
Level 4
Dumping more screenshots.

Attachments

• Screenshot2.png
    Screenshot2.png
    963.4 KB · Views: 94
  • Screenshot3.png
    Screenshot3.png
    833.4 KB · Views: 138
  • Screenshot1.png
    Screenshot1.png
    797.5 KB · Views: 103
  • Screen3.png
    Screen3.png
    2 MB · Views: 154
  • Screen1.png
    Screen1.png
    2 MB · Views: 117
Level 4
I've been testing another SweetFX like filter ingame, and from what I see you can use almost any dx9 injector in Warcraft 3 with the ENB converter.

To use it simply extract it to the Warcraft 3 folder.
The screenshots were done using the injector.

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 113
  • Screenshot2.png
    Screenshot2.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 131
  • Screenshot3.png
    Screenshot3.png
    1 MB · Views: 132
  • Shader.rar
    84.3 KB · Views: 36
Level 4
Another update.

Attachments

• CrumblerockShore.png
    CrumblerockShore.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 118
  • Gorge.png
    Gorge.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 102
  • Lake.png
    Lake.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 136
Level 4
Native encampment, inspired by the ashlander camps from Morrowind.

Attachments

• NativeEncampment1.png
    NativeEncampment1.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 109
  • MorrowindAshLanders.png
    MorrowindAshLanders.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 106
Status
Not open for further replies.