• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Project Terrains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I've been working on a secret project for a long time now, its a single player action rpg. In terms of gameplay its a diablo 2 rip off. nuff said for now.

Started Terraining yesterday, but because this project is very huge and will require a lot of time for triggering and stuff, I want to finish the terraining part fast. That means....blizzard cliffs. :ogre_rage:

PS: This is probably the first time I've terrained a landscape besides the 'forest'.
and most of what I've tried is based on screenshots of other peoples work.

Area01: Great Library
I'm trying to create an ancient looking library here, a really huge one.
Criticism will be appreciated along with ideas to make this better......

and yeah the terrain textures are from cloud wolfs d3 project, they are open source and free to use as far as I know

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_020512_123506_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_020512_123506_01.jpg
    413.3 KB · Views: 218
  • WC3ScrnShot_020512_123515_02.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_020512_123515_02.jpg
    411 KB · Views: 199
  • WC3ScrnShot_020512_123522_03.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_020512_123522_03.jpg
    442.5 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Bit early on, but I'd watch out for conflicting colors. Those brightly colored shelves will cut the mood in half. Contrasts are generally nice and decorous, but it has a habit of stabbing you in the back if it's small inconspicious detail work. Just doesn't float.

What you should do is apply some fog, then lo and behold as the atmosphere crawls out from underneath you and bites you in the ass gives it that spooky vibe I assume you're after.

Level 36
I'd say yes, this is far too early in the process to actually give any advice that will help, for we are entirely unaware of what exactly you are going to do, which would make it redundant if anyone of us pointed out something you were already going to change/add or make. So yeah, work a little more on the terrain, set the fog properly, then post some new pictures, and THEN I'll post a comment that isn't entirely useless :p

Status
Not open for further replies.