• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

A Project that I've been working on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Sorry for the lack of updates. Been having exams and all those stuffs. Now they're over though, so that means more screenshots incoming... :goblin_yeah:

And yeah, I once again did some changes to the already changed map, a couple tweaks here and there. I want to focus more on immersion and from what I noticed the old design had major areas too close to each other, leaving no simple "wander around and enjoy the scenery" zones.

And a HUGE thanks for all the positive feedback and kind words, means a lot to me.

Attachments

• 1Scenery1.png
    1Scenery1.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 137
  • 1SceneryNight1.png
    1SceneryNight1.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 121
  • 1Cave1.png
    1Cave1.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 130
  • 1Cave2.png
    1Cave2.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Level 4
Yeah well the before had a rather small territory for gameplay, not enough space to move the units and all. As for the arch it's no big deal, there will be other natural formations to compensate.

Like in the cave that I showed you a few screenshots back. I tweaked it out and expanded it a bit, added things such as always lit bonfires and ancient ruins and stuff.

A must in any RPG. :vw_death:

Attachments

• CaveScreen1.png
    CaveScreen1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 140
  • CaveScreen2.png
    CaveScreen2.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 119
  • CaveScreen3.png
    CaveScreen3.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 141
Level 34
The atmosphere is awesome. Really good use of colour and doodad placement. You've made it look cavernous and rather empty, without it looking boring.

Level 4
Screenshot of what's been done so far on the surface. Plus a little edit with SweetFX.

Also I made a little album of the old, finished map.
You can check it out here - http://imgur.com/a/L8qAl#0

Attachments

• Wilderness1.png
    Wilderness1.png
    3 MB · Views: 106
  • WildernessFX.png
    WildernessFX.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 111
Level 4
WIP of the coast area.
Going for the slight Morrowind feel.

Attachments

• Screen.png
    Screen.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Level 4
I've been jamming around with the snow models and the result went better than I expected. Sort of gives off a spring feeling.
The question is though, should I continue with this look or stay with the old one?

Attachments

• SnowCoast.png
    SnowCoast.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 122
Level 4
Expanded a bit, added some vines, webs, ferns and other barely noticeable doodads. The candles were removed, I think it looks better without them.

Attachments

• CAndlehall2.png
    CAndlehall2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
Level 4
It's the DNC model. You import it to your map and bam, everything will be pitch black on the next start up of the map.

I'm using the ashenvale DNC models in the map so they work with the ashenvale light environment only. You can change it in the Scenario > Map options.

Import those two models and set the path to:
Environment\DNC\DNCAshenvale\DNCAshenValeTerrain\DNCAshenValeTerrain.mdx
Environment\DNC\DNCAshenvale\DNCAshenValeUnit\DNCAshenValeUnit.mdx

Attachments

• DNCAshenValeTerrain.mdx
    756 bytes · Views: 42
  • DNCAshenValeUnit.mdx
    892 bytes · Views: 46
Level 4
Here's a completely new zone.

The standard Warcraft 3 models are not final.

Attachments

• blashyrkh.png
    blashyrkh.png
    3 MB · Views: 122
Level 4
WIP of two possible arena variations, overgrown and not so overgrown.

With which variation should i stick with?

Attachments

• ThroneRoomArenaDay.png
    ThroneRoomArenaDay.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 104
  • ThroneRoomArenaOvergrown.png
    ThroneRoomArenaOvergrown.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 106
  • ThroneRoomArenaNight.png
    ThroneRoomArenaNight.png
    918.1 KB · Views: 83
  • ThroneRoomArenaOvergrownNight.png
    ThroneRoomArenaOvergrownNight.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 104
Level 22
WIP of two possible arena variations, overgrown and not so overgrown.

With which variation should i stick with?
In my opinion your "overgrown" is far too much. Maybe an intermediate solution would work better, for example delete all the "light green" plants but keep the rest.
Anyway, the choice depends on your scenario, do you want it to look like jungle or not?

Level 4
In my opinion your "overgrown" is far too much. Maybe an intermediate solution would work better, for example delete all the "light green" plants but keep the rest.
Anyway, the choice depends on your scenario, do you want it to look like jungle or not?

I feel that the overgrown version looks overall better, the other one looks too empty and boring. But I suppose you're right, it does seem that the overgrown variation is a mess.

I will trim it up a bit, and add some more details to the non overgrown version. I'm just not sure what kind of details.

I wasn't going for the jungle look, just wanted to make the terrains look less similar to each other.

Level 4
The old zone has been updated.

Oh and now there's a simple explanation for the illogical illumination:

fireflies

Attachments

• Wilderness.png
    Wilderness.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 123
Level 4
Here's another new WIP.

Attachments

• PortDayTime.png
    PortDayTime.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 117
  • PortNightTime.png
    PortNightTime.png
    1,023.9 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Level 14
Very nice. I especially like the use of the log walls as platforms and stairs. The difference between night and day is very nice as well. It gives a more realistic feeling when you are actually handicapped at night due to the darkness.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Your lighting is always fantastic, the atmosphere during the night is very cool, giving a sense of vulnerability because of the lack of vision and the fires serve as beacons. It's all awesome. 1 Question though, where did you get the snow pile models? I've been searching for those allegedly lost models for quite some time.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Thanks a bunch, I'll check them asap ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.