• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A more streamlined icon upload

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been wondering about something for a while.

If icons absolutely need to have the proper borders when uploaded, why wouldn't users just upload an image, that is then properly downscaled if needed, and bordered properly?

Of course, people who want to upload icons they processed into 64x64 or 48x48 blps themselves should still be able to upload them (since they might prefer specific compression algorithms and stuff), but I think this would be a nice option, so you could just export an icon from your painting program in an unbordered 64x64 for example, and THW's backend deals with the rest to make it an appropriate wc3 icon.

I understand that @Ralle has a lot to work on when it comes to THW, but I just thought it'd be nice.

I know there are lots of tools that do this. It might not be too hard to access those on the backend for this reason.

But I know Ralle wouldn't use an external HTTP request for a thing like this, because it goes against his design principles, so if this were to be done, it wouldn't depend on a third party website, but could use an internal tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.