• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

[Cinematic] A message to cinematic makers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
It's nice of you to post here to see if there is still some cinematic production going on.

To respond on your contest question, there was a submission, however over time the thread lost it's amino and faded away. It's sad but true :(.

Currently I am writing a novel, which I am going to present in a cinematic as well. however it will be in the SCII editor instead of wcIII, and seeing SCII doesn't particularly have a forum for cinematics over here, I guess we won't really see a thread about it ;).

Level 13
Well for that matter; it would be somewhat nice have a separate cinematic forum again. however the activity is probably too low for it (even if combined with SCII).

I will most likely post the thread under Modification Development & Presentation
forum in the SCII modding forums, because that would be the right forum for it. I don't to want sound picky like that but this parent forum is labelled as the warcraftIII modding piece of the community.

In regard to your question about the contest.
I see your have enthusiasm towards cinematics and your actively trying to get people involved and excited.(that's makes me happy as one of those "older" cinematic makers )

In the latest thread about a contest people were debating about having a cross game cinematic contest, meaning people could make a WCIII cinematic as well as a SCII cinematic as entry.Why don't you have a look over at
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/contest-submission-233/cinematic-contest-188671/

Level 16
Well for that matter; it would be somewhat nice have a separate cinematic forum again. however the activity is probably too low for it (even if combined with SCII).

I will most likely post the thread under Modification Development & Presentation
forum in the SCII modding forums, because that would be the right forum for it. I don't to want sound picky like that but this parent forum is labelled as the warcraftIII modding piece of the community.

In regard to your question about the contest.
I see your have enthusiasm towards cinematics and your actively trying to get people involved and excited.(that's makes me happy as one of those "older" cinematic makers )

In the latest thread about a contest people were debating about having a cross game cinematic contest, meaning people could make a WCIII cinematic as well as a SCII cinematic as entry.Why don't you have a look over at
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/contest-submission-233/cinematic-contest-188671/

1) Yes my target is to reach a separate forum

2) Alright, actually this arent nessecary since i decided to try this

3) Hehe np, would you like to be a reviewer for the project i am making? Need some good judges to decide if its good or bad what they want to submit, since i am busy :/ doesnt take long time.

4) Already replied :)

Level 13
1) Yes my target is to reach a separate forum

2) Alright, actually this arent nessecary since i decided to try this

3) Hehe np, would you like to be a reviewer for the project i am making? Need some good judges to decide if its good or bad what they want to submit, since i am busy :/ doesnt take long time.

4) Already replied :)

Well for now I have my hands full so perhaps in a little while ill be able to invest a bit more time in doing something like reviewing. Regardless from that ill defenitly give you the support from the sidelines. (for example if people have questions about cinematics, triggers, code, etc).

About the forum, I suppose we'll have to wait and see, altho I am quite sad to see such low traffic around cinematics in the SCII scenery.

Level 16
I think that a great cinematic could be made in sc2, if just people took the time to it :/ sadly i cant buy it in summer vacation :/ but when i come home i can try and make one ( not sure ).. since idk Galaxy editor, heard its harder.. Anyways thanks alot :) i really hope i can get this up and run. And thanks for yours support, i am trying to spread this in all kind of ways, atm making Support signatures and such :), both wc3 and sc2. Also i am getting a custom "Cinematic Ui" for the Reproduction cinematics. :)

Level 16
Please support Reproduction (Yh wtf name) with our new signature. We need to spread the news!

reprod10.png

repro210.png

Codes:

HTML:
[URL=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/cinematics-268/cinematic-productions-199763/][IMG]http://i48.servimg.com/u/f48/16/58/00/17/reprod10.png[/IMG][/URL]

HTML:
[URL=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/cinematics-268/cinematic-productions-199763/][IMG]http://i48.servimg.com/u/f48/16/58/00/17/repro210.png[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

I might join a Wc3 cinematic contest if there was another one.

Level 5
Sadly I quit making cinematics a long time ago and stopped playing TFT after I reformatted my computer. Now I'm playing Starcraft 2. It was nice knowing all the pro cinematic makers in this website -- as they were nice also very helpful with their advice. Had a blast at the hiveworkshop and now I'm moving on with life :) thanks Hemlock, Vegeancekael, Sepitimius, and many other cinematic makers for keeping up the flame that grows brightly still today.

Level 4
I would love a cinematic contest. I never released my first cinematic that was nearly finished because my motherboard smelled of burnt plastic suspicious 4 days ago... :p If I got a new motherboard with more than 1 MB like my old one I'm using currently, I think I'm going to start my cinematic again. Mabye even take part on a contest... :) Would be a good chance to get a good review. :D

Level 3
I "was" an avid cinematic maker a while ago, but sadly I didn't release any of my works on this site. Sometimes I would make up to five, twenty-minute cinematics a week(!). I can remember making a mystery/horror thriller and posting it in this forum though, feel free to peek through my started threads, and have a look. Beware, it's filled with horrible grammar and cheesy dialogue, and after all it's two years old. Damn.. time really flies.

To answer your question; Yes! I'm working on, just started in fact, a cinematic called "Ambush". Don't get your hopes up, I'm not especially good, and I'm quite slow when it comes to this stuff. But I'd be very happy to realease an early version on here, if this forum (or site) isn't dead before then, and receive some feedback perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.