• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Cinematic] What Do you look for in a Cinematic?

What do you look for in a Cinematic?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Well I thought I would post this and try to make this forum a bit more active. So, I would like you to post and tell us the answer to this question. What do you look for in a Cinematic? Why do you enjoy the Cinematics that you watch? Share your opinions here.

Level 19
I like almost everything except real life horror movies. :/ I like especially action, humour and drama/love.

A good cinematic has good terrain, storyline, sounds, music, cameras, special effects and custom models... just like my. :at:

Level 35
You've got to have a well written story, and well made terrain. And good models/skins are always a plus in my opinion.

Also good custom music, voice acting, and other custom goodies while optional. Really help to draw the watcher into the story.

Bad grammar in your story really cuts away at the flow, Bad music, horrible models, and horrid skins. BURN a viewer's eyes and ears, melting their flesh like Diablo at a bar fight in Hell.

Level 25
A cinematic that is actually well made and funny (Corney humor is a minus for me) cinematic is good. But I prefer well made action cinematics such as TheGreatNoob's cinematic "The Vision" and his other cinematic with Player_72985's cinematic "Shipwrecked: Chapter 8-Final Battle". Those were my favorites. I also enjoy Iron_Ian's cinematic series "The Tale of Archon". Dramatic cinematics make me feel embarassed that I'm actually watching it. However Zurg's "Cult of the Damned" cinematic series and "Retribution" cinematic was actually very entertaining.
~Craka_J

Level 24
Wasn't chapter 8 the actual epic battle upon Bian'tor, and chapter 7 was just an interlude or something about it. IDK. It's been a while since I've seen it. If you're right, then thanks for correcting me. :)
~Craka_J

Yea, I am pretty sure that chapter 7 is the big battle, and chapter 8 is just a conclusion.

Well its good to see everyone posting here, looks like this thread has done its purpose, and made the Cinematics forum a little bit more active :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 2
I choose a little bit of everything 'cause really, I like the effort the authors put into their cinematics. I give them my comments, good or bad, at an objective view. But what I would like to see a really long series of cinematics. Revolving around a story or something. A little bit of comedy, a serving of drama and extreme battles impresses me but also their other cinematics in the hiveworkshop that made me excited (Sorry, can't remember them!). Any cinematic is great when the author puts a lot of heart into it.

Level 4
Well I thought I would post this and try to make this forum a bit more active. So, I would like you to post and tell us the answer to this question. What do you look for in a Cinematic? Why do you enjoy the Cinematics that you watch? Share your opinions here.

for a high quality cinematic, it's good to see it, just like film..

me adding that only in campaigns for story-detail, in online game, people will be bored watching that over and over again :wthumbsdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.