• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A little question about models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
No, not the skinny ones. But many of them have, nonetheless, skins~

ANyway, the question is a simple one:
How do I import many models from one map to another quickly, without needing to set every custom path right again?

I am creating two custom races at the time~ And well, I use a number of models for both. I tend to play my custom races on normal maps(Just edit a trigger to use it and put all the unit/trigger information into the map)~ The problem is, if I import many models, I have to set every single custom path manualy again as it seems - and this is just damn annoying. Anyone have an idea how to do that quickly?

Level 7
I think thats immpossible to get them all in one :S if its any way to do it i dont know :/ ... just wanted to help :)
Fuu >.< How annoying~ But thanks for the good thought :3

Just would find it rather annoying to be needing to set every custom path right~ Especially as I already have around 50+ models with skins and such~ Huu, what a pain.
I hope~ I wish~ I may even start praying~ That there is a possiblity to do that more quickly xD

Level 28
I wish there were a tool for this. If there is, then I haven't seen it yet.
Importing a lot of files at once is easy, but as you said: it's the paths that are quite tedious.

I've been messing with the MPQ of maps for a while now. I thought that just moving/adding files to a folder was enough, but because Warcraft has a file called "war3map.imp" (a catalog of all imports), it doesn't really make anything easier. You'd have to rewrite the paths in that file and move the files to another folder.
Well, if you don't plan on using those files in the editor, you can still do it :D (but I bet you want them in the editor).

Come to think of it, such a program should actually be not even that difficult (but I might be completely wrong).

Level 7
I wish there were a tool for this. If there is, then I haven't seen it yet.
Importing a lot of files at once is easy, but as you said: it's the paths that are quite tedious.

I've been messing with the MPQ of maps for a while now. I thought that just moving/adding files to a folder was enough, but because Warcraft has a file called "war3map.imp" (a catalog of all imports), it doesn't really make anything easier. You'd have to rewrite the paths in that file and move the files to another folder.
Well, if you don't plan on using those files in the editor, you can still do it :D (but I bet you want them in the editor).

Come to think of it, such a program should actually be not even that difficult (but I might be completely wrong).
I couldnt program such a tool, but it would be absolutely GREAT.

Thing is, you see~
Right now, I am at my naga-race. The race is theorethically finished and rather balanced, but want to add some new spice with triggered-abilities and also, lots of new models~
So then, I test my naga race, mostly against computers. I simply use a code to use the naga race in a normal game and import all the data I need into the maps I wish to use~ And I wish to do the same with models. However, rewriting the custom paths for soo many maps is work. Lots of it. Very much lots of it. And gawd, I dont wanna do that xD.

Level 7
please do not post if you have nothing to add
Please do not post if you have nothing to add to nothing xD (Note the stormy little breeze of sarcasm :3)

Anyway, it seems like no one has a good solution >.< Gawd, then it will take it's 10-15 minutes for every map I customize~ And as models can sometimes be pwetty annoying, probably even longer. After all, I importing object data also takes it while~ And then loading and saving the map. And now, each and every model skin needs its own little edit. Wahahaha T___T This makes me cry. A. Lot. I am fragile .___.

Level 7
Delete the terrain, then C'nP the terrain that you want from that map and post it into your map.

Oh c'mon, don't be ridiculous D:
You see, it is not just terrain. Actually, no terrain xD. A few icons, a few ability models, a few unit models, a few building models~ Many of them need custom paths.
Copy and Paste may work... For one model at a time, I think. But well, that would also be too annoying(Constant load/save annoyance)

Level 28
just copy and paste them via mpq editor...
I've been messing with the MPQ of maps for a while now. I thought that just moving/adding files to a folder was enough, but because Warcraft has a file called "war3map.imp" (a catalog of all imports), it doesn't really make anything easier.
It does work in the editor though: I can see a model that I imported via MPQ (though it does not appear in the model-list, the path can be typed in manually), but in-game the model does not show up.
The file "war3map.imp" needs to be updated to include the files you copied from other maps (can be copied from the other map, if you really need everything).

That's why I said creating a tool for this might not be that hard :D.

Level 3
Slightly related question:
Importing all these DISBTN's then setting the correct path every time is killing me slowly,is there a faster method without packing a custom Mpq ?

Attachments

• import1.png
    import1.png
    257.1 KB · Views: 89
  • import2.png
    import2.png
    261.2 KB · Views: 107
Status
Not open for further replies.