• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

question about custom pathing maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
hey all :D

i have 2 questions about pathing maps with custom models and i hope you can give me the answers :D

1. if i have a wall with a door as model (for building enterable houses) how can i change (and choose) the pathing map of the model depending on the animation (dead and alive, so it uses death animation = door opened stand animation = door closed)?? because i dont want that units are able to walk through a closed door ^^

2. using custom bridges the pathing is clear (walkable bridge but the unit arent able to walk down on the sides)....will the units walking over the bridge walk in a straight line or will it raise or lower depending on the model (im speaking of the ropebridge model of UTM)....i dont want units to 'fly' over the bridge and so i ask whether the units automatically change the high they walk at depending on the model.

thanks in advance

greetz clapto

p.s. please make the answers easy to understand because i never worked with pathing before (except changing the pathing map of some doodadds or making custom pathing blockers). ;D

Level 25
For starters, http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/pathing-everything-about-154558/

Once you've learned how to make your own path maps,
1. Base the model on one of the gates, in the object editor there will be 2 fields to enter pathmap - one for "normal" and one for "dead" (dead = open)

2. Once again, start by basing it on a bridge that you know makes people walk across. Then test the bridge model you want to work. It should work, though. Just make sure you base it on the right doodad :)

Level 9
ahhh okay ^^ than its really easy to make everything ork like i want it ^^

big thanks ;D and +rep ;D EDIT: sadly later....you help me alot and i just cant give you rep -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.