• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] General Question About AI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Hi guys,
I have seen how many questions are related to campaign AI here, and i promise i have done a thorough search in the search box for key words relating to my question but no answers directly answered my question so i have come here to ask :)

Basically, i am trying to find out two things.

The first is, since i am using a custom race for my AI, BUT the custom race is included on a map with everything else in the map (huge amount of spells, other non related units ect.), should i make a new map with just the custom race i want, so that when i "import object data" for the AI editor, it will not include a huge amount of unnecessary things (i am worried that by importing it all, my map size will double because i have basically copy pasted everything into the AI editor :)

My second question was just if there was a way to have my campaign AI rebuild buildings if i am not using JASS to write the AI (as in just using the AI editor itself).

Thanks so much for your time :)

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
The best thing is, if you have all your object editor in the campaign editor, so it is only saved once instead for each map. It is not that important though, because object editor data is not big. It is much more important for imports to only save them in the campaign.

Object editor data that is imported into the AI editor does not increase the size of the AI script, which will be imported into your map, so it will not increase map size.

In general it is best, if your object data is conistent over every map in the campaign, so you should also import all object data in the AI editor.

Second question: I think if you start the AI as melee AI instead of campaign AI it could work. Campaign AI is not supposed to rebuild buildings, probably because they often have preplaced towns.

Level 12
Second question: I think if you start the AI as melee AI instead of campaign AI it could work. Campaign AI is not supposed to rebuild buildings, probably because they often have preplaced towns.

That's not entirely true. The campaign AIs (and the melee AIs for that matter) are not created with the AI editor and do not rebuild for a different reason. I'm not sure if a campaign AI is supposed to not to rebuild when created with the AI editor. Mind exporting the script and posting it here?

Status
Not open for further replies.