• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

4 questions about AI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
1. If I want to create AI controlled heroes for my AoS map (like DotA), would triggers be sufficient or would I get better results using AI editor too (for controlling skill learning and other stuff AI editor can do)? P.S. I don't know AI editor at all.

2. Can I create basic AI with just GUI (I don't know JASS)?

3. Could WEU be more useful when creating AI controlled heroes?

4. It would be very helpful if anyone knows of an AI demo map or an AoS map with AI that is not protected from which I could learn or a good tutorial (GUI).

Last edited:
Level 2
That all depends on how in-depth you want your heroes to be, if you would like simple moving units that attack a certain spot GUI is sufficient, just use the "Unit" Triggers, and base them on a Region whereever you want the unit to go or attack, I've used normal World Editor and it works fine for my purposes

For Skill Spending, you can target this through triggers also.

Event-> Unit->Gains a level->Equal to-> (whatever level the skill you want is at)

Condition-> Unit Comparision-> Triggering Unit is Equal to (picked unit)

Action-> Hero-Learn Skill-> (Whatever Skill you want the hero to learn)

Level 2
Yes... JASS can be used to create really cool stuff that GUI cant be used for such as Custom Full Screen Inventories, but its complicated and requires a very acute attention to detail, whereas for people with simple needs, the Point and click GUI is better, it all depends on the need

Status
Not open for further replies.