• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AI Using Custom Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello, I plan on making a map where players fight an AI controlled boss who casts skills, I wanted to know if the AI editor can be made so that they cast these skills cause I've read the AI Tutorial and it only shows what order to learn

Level 3
Even better would be basing the custom spells on similar standard spells, so the PC heroes will use them when they would actually cast the standard ones.

icic, i get what you mean, like trigger them right? i think i can try and do that. thanks!

Level 3
yeah man def i read the triggers already, maybe i will combine both triggers to make

Event - Boss Hp drops under 30k

Action-

Every 5 seconds
Order Boss to cast <spell>

for a spell like thunderclap

Every 5 seconds,
Pick random unit in 500 aoe,
set fslocation as point of picked unit
Order Boss to cast <flamstrike> at fslocation

but i am not sure how to remove the fslocation

Level 33
Do you want to remove the special effect of Flame Strike or remove the location ?
If you want to remove the special effect, use this:
  • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
If you want to remove the location of the last created special effect, use this: call RemoveLocation(udg_<ThisIsWhatYourVariableNameStandsFor>) for example it's fslocation so it is written as call RemoveLocation(udg_fslocation) and remember, cleaning leaks consist of SENSITIVE CASE of letters and numbers
It's in the Custom Script:
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_<YourVariableName>)

Level 3
Do you want to remove the special effect of Flame Strike or remove the location ?
If you want to remove the special effect, use this:
  • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
If you want to remove the location of the last created special effect, use this: call RemoveLocation(udg_<ThisIsWhatYourVariableNameStandsFor>) for example it's fslocation so it is written as call RemoveLocation(udg_fslocation) and remember, cleaning leaks consist of SENSITIVE CASE of letters and numbers
It's in the Custom Script:
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_<YourVariableName>)

once again thanks bro, rep added. am planning to start working on a player VS skilled phase boss map any tips?

Level 33
Make sure that your map is balanced with heroes and the bosses
Don't make bosses too hard or player controlled unit too weak as this will ruin the game
Use a wide range of tactics against the bosses (in other word, it's not a DIRECT way of fighting a boss, it could be boring, trigger the boss to run here and there with a certain condition to make the game less boring and more challenging, just look at those PS2 games, the bosses are unique that you must run here and there to capture and trap the boss)
Btw, wrong section !
Try here:
Idea Factory is for Ideas and Tips on how to create a map or just a place for a new thing
Project Recruitment is for you to recruit members for your project, be it from Beta Tester to Terrainer and Triggerer, your demand !

Status
Not open for further replies.