• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Halo UTM? ARE YOU JOKING???!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
The Locust! That's the smaller version of the Scarab!

Also, there was a walker for the Covenant armed with two heavy needlers called the Gorgon, was a anti-air unit for the Covenant. Will this be in the mod? From what I understand, it was cancelled from Halo Wars due to the Covenant having too many ground units and not enough air at the time of it's creation: BAM!

@Spartan 12: I encourage you to!

@Superz: Don't start editing the Wraith yet. I need Goolygot to wrap it.

@FW: We don't have the Spirit (the ship that appears in Halo 1 with 2 passenger tubes), but we have the Phantom (the purple, curvy one in Halo 2 and 3).

@Fingolfin: Right now, I just need you to finish up the Banshee. Also, are you gonna send me the Flood skins?

@Wazzz: No Scarab in the initial release. I definitely don't want to include Halo Wars, it is only half-canon and there are too many units.

Level 8
@GhostThruster kk let me know when i should animate it or w/e.

@Forgotten Warlord Thanks for uploading that, il take a look at the wraith.

@XenoStalker So you made the banner for our sigs???

Edit: I checked out the wraith and made some changes if its ok :p I dunno, i just changed the gun on the back to look a little better, check it out, see if you like it. If not its ok. And great work on the body man!! The actual wraith was great! Uploaded as a rar (ms3d) file

Attachments

• WraithChanged.rar
    7.9 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Level 12
Forgotten_Warlord you have done something with the wrap on the model. You have made the whole body only use 1 "dot" in the unwrap, and normally it got a dot for every vertice. So it is impossible to wrap it before it is fixed.

Here are the halo flood models you requested:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=0r594b

Seeing how theese were my first skins, they're mostly recolour and poor freehanding, and you may edit the skins if you feel that you can improve them. The model edits are minor; i enlarged the right fist of the zombie into a big mace, and removed the flies. I also removed the talbard from the faceless one since it looked silly. Importing the textures alone as skins will also work.

Yep, but can you add like 2 side-panels on the platforms? They should be just triangles, and added with the platforms, they should look drawbridge-like. Here's a shit pic I made:
attachment.php

Looks like a 5 year old drew it, I know.

Last edited:
Forgotten_Warlord you have done something with the wrap on the model. You have made the whole body only use 1 "dot" in the unwrap, and normally it got a dot for every vertice. So it is impossible to wrap it before it is fixed.

I never assigned material. Or remapped. If neccessary, I can wrap it myself if provided a decent texture, front view side view engine parts etc

Level 12
You guys didn't understand what I said so I'm going to try it one more time with pictures.

The first shows what vertices I mean, and the second show how many "dots" that are in the wrap. So all of the vertices count as a single dot. Well there are some vertices that are not count by it but most of them are. So it is impossible to wrap it.
Drone.png

Level 12
i dont understand why that happend. Are you using the changed version of the wraith, because i posted that as an ms3d file. I dont know if that would screw it up, but i could try converting it to mdx etc...

I tried both of the models, and it happens on both of them. The changed and the old one. So it didn't happen on anything that you did.

Alright Superz, here's your animation job for the Wraith:

Stand - make the Wraith hover a bit
Attack - make its cannon's "leaves" shoot
Walk - make the Wraith hover more, but steadily
Death - if you can't make it, I'll get Revilo to do it. It is just an explosion, and then the model will turn darker and tilt. If you need an example of this anim, tell me.
Decay - the end sequence of the death anim should be the start of this. Just make it slowly sink to the ground. I can do this one.

You'll need to make some bones, there should be at least
Bone_Root (which is like every single vertice)
-Bone_Cannon (the whole of the Wraith's cannon)
--Bone_LeftLeaf (the left 'leaf' of the cannon)
--Bone_RightLeaf (the right 'leaf' of the cannon)
--Bone_TopLeaf (the top 'leaf' of the cannon)

If you don't understand anything, I can explain more.

After that, I'll give it to Revilo, who can then add some glows to the 'leaves' of the cannon and its back engine.

Level 8
gotcha.. Il do everything i can, but i suck with particles and im not sure what to make the shoot anim look like... just all the "leafs" tilt inwards, and then get "pushed" back by the explosion thing when the missile comes out?

Edit: i found a mistake with the cannon "leafs". They dont show when you look at the back of them. This may have been my mistake, and im not sure if i should continue to animate it if we need to fix this. You most likely will only see the backs of the leafs because of a top down view, so we should probably fix this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.