• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A GUI Knockback bash skill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello everyone,

I've always asked myself: "What would you request for Warcraft 3 @ The Hive?"
And now I've got the answer and hopefully someone will accept this little request and help me out!

I want a skill for my map. The skill is supposed to be usable as active or as passive skill, I guess thats really easy to change once I would have one of them, so I'm just requesting a version based of "Bash".

The unit using the skill is a long range archer, equipped with the passive.
If bash hits, that would be a chance of 50% of each attack, the attacked unit gets knockbacked away from the shooting unit a little bit (just around the space of a unit) and then gets stunned for 2-3 seconds.
In a perfect world, and I'm almost certain that this does not work in WC3, because there would probably animations needed for it, the unit flies on its back while it gets knockbacked, lays on the ground stunned for 2 seconds, and then gets up again. But since this probably won't be possible, I'm only requesting the first idea.

Auto Attack -> Knockback -> 2 seconds Stun.

If you have any questions or anything to add, please just write in this topic. I would be really happy if anyone would take on this request. Have a nice day, and thanks for reading!

Level 22
In a perfect world, and I'm almost certain that this does not work in WC3, because there would probably animations needed for it, the unit flies on its back while it gets knockbacked, lays on the ground stunned for 2 seconds, and then gets up again. But since this probably won't be possible, I'm only requesting the first idea.
Indeed. It requires animations for this. But most people just play death animation for the unit to make it "a bit" realistic. What do you mean by flying though? You mean as the unit gets knockbacked, he moves like this?
illustration.png

Level 6
I know this might not be what you are looking for, but if you are interested:
Barbarian Skills 1.1
Active knock back(bonebreaker)

Fire & Earth Spell Pack
Passive knock back(earth fury)

Tried both of them, second one seems to go in the right direction. It's atleast a knockback, maybe if no one takes on my request I will take that one. Thanks for your help! Highly appreciated!

Indeed. It requires animations for this. But most people just play death animation for the unit to make it "a bit" realistic. What do you mean by flying though? You mean as the unit gets knockbacked, he moves like this?

I've took a video of the original game, and the ability I want to redo of it. That's how the perfect world would look like. Anything close to this, like using death animation would be good enough aswell.

Level 22
Here you go. It's not perfect but it can do the job.
It requires KB3D and Damage Engine 3.7.
Damage Engines detects bash and when it happens, KB3D causes the unit to get knockback-ed.
The flaw is I don't know how Damage Engine differs Enchanced Effects such as Black Arrow, Frost Arrow, Bash, etc. (I might have to ask Bribe for that stuff) So the knockback will happen if you use Black Arrow and Frost Arrow.
Also, this doesn't work on units with spell immunity, it has something to do with KB3D.

I can trigger it myself without KB3D but I'm just too lazy to do it, spare me. :p

Attachments

• KB test.w3x
    83.2 KB · Views: 68
Level 6
Here you go. It's not perfect but it can do the job.
It requires KB3D and Damage Engine 3.7.
Damage Engines detects bash and when it happens, KB3D causes the unit to get knockback-ed.
The flaw is I don't know how Damage Engine differs Enchanced Effects such as Black Arrow, Frost Arrow, Bash, etc. (I might have to ask Bribe for that stuff) So the knockback will happen if you use Black Arrow and Frost Arrow.
Also, this doesn't work on units with spell immunity, it has something to do with KB3D.

I can trigger it myself without KB3D but I'm just too lazy to do it, spare me. :p

WOW! This is amazing. I tested it, and I would not have thought that it would look so amazing.
I've got some questions with it first tho. I'm using the PTR World Editor right now. I know not the best idea to use but I wanted, as I started my map, to work with it on the newest patch.
The systems you provided contain some Jass. Can I somehow use Jass on the PTR WE? I've read by @DrSuperGood somewhere that there would be a working Jass editor for 1.29 but I can't remember the name right..
Thanks anyhow for the great skill. Exactly how I wanted it!

My first approved spell: Couter bash 1.3

I will do a quick visual update on it in a sec.

Thanks for the help, but I guess Rheiko's one is a bit more suitable for me!

Level 6
Maybe he meant one of these:
HiveWE - World Editor 0.2
SharpCraft World Editor Extended Bundle
other than that I wouldn't know, you might need to ask others or DSG himself as I am not as informed as the others about PTR and 1.29

And you're welcome :D

SharpCraft works! There is just one last issue. I'm really sorry taking so much of your time :D
After I import the systems and the skill trigger I get one error. I don't have this error on your map tho.
Any idea where this comes from and what I need to do?

Screenshot_14.png

Level 22
I'm not sure why but probably there's something wrong when you're importing the triggers.

1. Have you checked the "Automatically create unknown variable while pasting trigger data" ?
2. Have you copied "Cheat Death Ability" and "Detect Spell Damage" beforehand? (Essential for Damage Engine)
3. Have you assigned "Cheat Death Ability" and "Detect Spell Damage" to the correct variables in "Damage Engine Config" trigger?

Kinda my fault because I forgot to give you importing instructions. Just make sure to do these 3 first, then import Damage Engine and KB3D, then import the trigger I made. I hope it works.

Level 6
I'm not sure why but probably there's something wrong when you're importing the triggers.

1. Have you checked the "Automatically create unknown variable while pasting trigger data" ?
2. Have you copied "Cheat Death Ability" and "Detect Spell Damage" beforehand? (Essential for Damage Engine)
3. Have you assigned "Cheat Death Ability" and "Detect Spell Damage" to the correct variables in "Damage Engine Config" trigger?

Kinda my fault because I forgot to give you importing instructions. Just make sure to do these 3 first, then import Damage Engine and KB3D, then import the trigger I made. I hope it works.

Did all these steps and the error is still there. Oddly the error even shows if I delete all the systems. I have to delete all the variables that came with the systems and then it is gone. So I'd assume one of the variables is causing this error. I've never had this issue before tho.

edit: AH, I found the problem. One of the variables didn't import as a real.
Screenshot_15.png

No idea why or how, but I fixed it now. Testing the skill and if it works, I'll edit this post. Thanks again, and I wish I could give you +20 rep for your help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_15.png
    Screenshot_15.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 42
Status
Not open for further replies.