• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Another knockback system, with a twist!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Actual Request:
-Knockback system on melee attack based on health lost
-MUI, Leakless, etc.. :grin:
-JASS/vJASS preferred
-Fairly easily configurable
-Distance changable, spell vs melee attack
--Spell = 2X melee attack = X
-Explain me how it works, kinda, :thumbs_up:

Extra/Hopeful:
-knockback speed goes up with damage
-if hit while being knocked back, apply new and throw out old.

Info/Explanation:

A knockback system, that moves the target farther backwards based on how much damage they have taken. Inspired by Super Smash Bros.

So say I have a unit, they will have health, thinking around a few hundred, 400-500, and when they get hit, damage as usual, BUT, I would like a small knockback, say, like, X distance per damage. ((maxhealth - current health) * X ), something like that.

I would also like that to be set up so that spells deal twice the knockback distance, so ((maxhealth - currenthealth) * 2X )

It would be NICE, to have the speed of the knockback be based off of the damage too, so like, every 100 health missing, the knockback speed increases.

It would also be nice, if it was interuptable? :grin:, if a unit is sliding backwards, and gets hit, apply the new one, don't finish the old one.:thumbs_up:

Spells to integrate:
-AoE damage, ex. war stomp
-Single target spell (set to melee cast range)

I am not very knowledgable in JASS/vJASS, but I do know that it would work MUCH better/cleaner with it. If anyone could do this for me, and then go over the code with me, that would be GREATLY appreciated! I have programming experience, so I am not illiterate to the logic/etc.., just haven't learned it yet!

Please and thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.