• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Im new to the site and so far it is pretty good. I have been learning quite a bit about the editor but i still have a few questions.

1. Why is it called Galaxy Editor? MY installation only says "StarCraft 2 Map Editor" Where does the "Galaxy" part come in?

2. Is there a way to "Request" a custom unit? Like have someone make me a unit with all my chosen attributes and send it to me somehow?

I have tried and tried making a unit using all the resourses I can find online but I cant seem to get one working right. The last one I tried to make was based on the Marauder and he was a complete mess. Even after I fixed all his models and actors and stuff, he still would not attack properly. He would just run into the enemy and blow himself up.

3. Where can I find more information on creating custom units?

and 4. Is it possible to make a custom ground unit jump up and down cliffs like the reapers do?

Ill have more detailed questions in their own topics as well. But those are the main ones I am curious about.

Status
Not open for further replies.