• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A few questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I've been tinkering with the editor for quite a while now but there's a few things I can't figure out, (and I didn't want to make a thread for each of these).

1. I can't seem to get air units to move like ground units, they don't stop instantly as I would want them to, they slow to a halt when told to stop.

2. I want to be able to place a unit every half square, I've looked at footprints but can' seem to able to get a unit to only fill half a square.

3. How can I make a unit block line of sight?

4. How do I attach sound effects to abilities and weapons?

Level 11
1. Deceleration set to 0 should fix this.

2. Halve the radius. Don't think this works for buildings though, think they can't be any smaller than 1x1.

3. Go to the footprint and look at the pathing stuff, then under placement apply click "Define Sets" and check "Blocks Vision".

4. Create a new actor of type sound. Add in an event that creates said actor when your special ability effect starts.

IE, Event: Effect.Damage.Start -> Action: Create. Also add in Event: SoundDone -> Action: Destroy

Level 5
1. Unfortunately I've already tried this and it doesn't seem to change anything, I'm using the normal Fly mover. EDIT: Had an idea and turned deceleration up to 1000, seems to work. This is odd because ground units seem to stop instantly with a deceleration of 0.

Maybe I should clarify for 2 and 3, I'm trying to make a destructible that blocks sight and can be placed every half square (1x1 buildings in wc3 could be placed like this :/) I could solve this by making it so it has no footprint but still blocks sight, but I don't know how to do this without a footprint, and footprints have to be places every 1 square. So effectively a normal tree from wc3 :/

4. Thanks, I'll get to work on that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.