• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

A few triggering questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Howdy all, A newbe to Galaxy Edit with a few questions.

I've got a little issue with a unit teleport.

Let me lay it out:

I've got a ground unit that moves into proximity of an air unit.

I want that ground unit teleport to another location on the map. (Or as an RP, board and walk around the interrior of the air unit).

I can get the units to teleport no problem. But I only want certian units to teleport. What I get is every unit that goes within range 3 (which is what i want) of the air unit will be moved across the map (inside the ship). The includes buildings, enemy units, or just about anything that isn't terrain or a doodad.

I have tried various conditions, unit units defined by variables put into a list at the map initilization trigger, condition for only one unit group to be allowed to move, to setting the units flags as "hero" and then making heroic units required on a condition using a filter etc.

It either will not let me go through at all, or simply won't change anything (buildings will still get picked up by units 1/30 of the building's size), or will generate some random error in the game.

Can anyone help me figure out what I'm doing work and possibily help me find a fix?

Thanks!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You are not using a condition.

Set a condition properly and it will work. Try debugging the condition statments (what you are comparing) to see where it may be broken. The key to what you are after is a condition, but it has to be made properly so it works.

Level 1
I know I haven't messed with conditions enough yet (nor much of anything else for that matter) but so far I cannot seem to find a condition that will work.

The last thing I have been able to find is a "unit of this type = true" condition.

As to "unit belongs to player = true" I cannot find anything like that either.

There is a "unit filer" condition - but that doesn't seem to be able to list a unit type, such as Ghost Copy or "Hunter", but specific units. And I would rather not have to do 7 consecutive "Or" conditions to make that work. Especially since, near as I can figure, Seperate Condition Definitions are simply Action Definitions with a different icon (the rest seem to be the same way as well).

There is "variable_name(all players or all units)= true" and things like that (haven't worked so far). But if the 2 conditions suggest exist I sure as heck am having a ball finding em. IDK, maybe I'm simply missing something thats right in front of my eyes.

Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.