• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GE help plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hi, I have a few questions about the Galaxy Editor, could someone please help me with the following:

1. Where can I find the costs and research time of upgrades?

2. Where can you change the color of an unit (in wcr3 editor it was red=..., green=..., blue=...)?

3. How can I change the teamcolor of an unit type, so not the teamcolor of all the units of the player (without making a trigger)?

I hope my english is understandable :cute:. Thanks for helping :infl_thumbs_up:!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
1. Where can I find the costs and research time of upgrades?
I would check the research data firstly, if that fails I would then look at the effects and behaviours the research has.

2. Where can you change the color of an unit (in wcr3 editor it was red=..., green=..., blue=...)?
Two possible places for this. Look for tinting fields in the actor data for the unit. If that fails look for tinting data in the actual model data the actor uses. I seriously belive it should be in the unit's actor data. Note that by this I mean the actor type data which the unit is attached to, not a field in the unit data.

3. How can I change the teamcolor of an unit type, so not the teamcolor of all the units of the player (without making a trigger)?
Why are you after changing the team colour of units? It makes no sense as most players view by player colour and not team colour.

Level 17
Thanks for the comment.

I would check the research data firstly, if that fails I would then look at the effects and behaviours the research has.
, well I looked in the data editor under upgrades but I found nothing about costs or duration there.

Two possible places for this. Look for tinting fields in the actor data for the unit. If that fails look for tinting data in the actual model data the actor uses. I seriously belive it should be in the unit's actor data. Note that by this I mean the actor type data which the unit is attached to, not a field in the unit data.
, I found 'color' in the actual models the unit uses, but when I change it and test it ingame, it has no effect. For instance, I change the color of the zealot portrait model of the zealot from white (default) to blue, it has no effect, the portrait looks normally. I also tried the zealot model, the zergling model and zergling portrait model, didn't work with those either.

Why are you after changing the team colour of units? It makes no sense as most players view by player colour and not team colour.
, just a simple way to change the team color of an unit (like in the wcr3 editor default is that the unit team color is 'fixed with player color' or something like that, so player 1/red's footman has a red team color, if you would change the field in wcr3 editor to blue for example, the footman will look like it's owned by player 2/blue while it's owner is player 1/red). It's just a fast way to change a part of the color of a specific type unit.

Level 11
To edit the times/resources for an upgrade you need to goto the building itself that does the research. For example if you were editing researches available at the engineering bay, you first find the ENG bay in the data editor and click on it.

Now under abilities you will see one named "Engineering Bay - Research (Engineering Bay)" click on that ability. In the right window the data should change for that ability, double click the item named "(None) - Info +" this will open a new window that contains the list of all the researches the ENG bay may work on.

Double click a research you would like to edit at this point, for example the Neosteel Frames research. I just woke up 20 minutes ago so I won't go into full detail of what it takes to edit a research. First scroll down to where you find the resource section, this controls the resource cost of the research, scroll down further to the small single section for Time, this controls how many seconds the research takes to complete.

Note if you are making a custom upgrade you must designate a button for it at the top of the window, and at the bottom you must designate what upgrade will take place when this research is used.

Also note that you must mess with a requirement for a research/upgrade to work properly, otherwise the player will only be charged the cost and nothing else will take place when you purchase the upgrade.

Level 17
To edit the times/resources for an upgrade you need to goto the building itself that does the research. For example if you were editing researches available at the engineering bay, you first find the ENG bay in the data editor and click on it.

Now under abilities you will see one named "Engineering Bay - Research (Engineering Bay)" click on that ability. In the right window the data should change for that ability, double click the item named "(None) - Info +" this will open a new window that contains the list of all the researches the ENG bay may work on.

Double click a research you would like to edit at this point, for example the Neosteel Frames research. I just woke up 20 minutes ago so I won't go into full detail of what it takes to edit a research. First scroll down to where you find the resource section, this controls the resource cost of the research, scroll down further to the small single section for Time, this controls how many seconds the research takes to complete.

Note if you are making a custom upgrade you must designate a button for it at the top of the window, and at the bottom you must designate what upgrade will take place when this research is used.

Also note that you must mess with a requirement for a research/upgrade to work properly, otherwise the player will only be charged the cost and nothing else will take place when you purchase the upgrade.
, thanks that answers my first question, +rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.