• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

A crazy idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Hehe, hi, I just had a crazy idea, lol.:grin:

Since hopefully the new server will stabilize the Hive, I thought of making a Warcraft-wikipedia. No, not for the lore, but rather a user&resource-wikipedia on the Hive.
As far as I know, pages don't take that much space either. Is it possible? It would be fun, lol. The same reference systems, except the users can edit their own pages (still written in the third singular person), signing the articles.

I know it sounds pretty useless but still... I like editing wikipedia articles and I would like to know your opinion.:huh:

Level 32
Isn't the entire site (more or less) just a gigantic wiki for all-everything Warcraft related?

With vBulletin users may, of course, edit their own "articles" (threads & posts) site-wide and contribute to other's submissions as well. Um... not sure that I'm really getting the whole drift of this one yet... but I can say for sure that HTML content will not be permitted.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Yes, but I was talking something more like wikipedia-style, for example... (green stuff are interlinks)

Wolverabid (Article title)
Wolverabid is a Warcraft III User. He is known for being an Administrator of the Hive Workshop

{{stub-user}}
[[Category:Warcraft III Users]]
[[Category:Hive Workshop Users]].
They create wikis for everything these days. =P

EDIT:
Another example:
Hive Workshop
The Hive Workshop is a Warcraft III Site.

{{stub-site}}
[[Category:Warcraft III Sites]].

Last edited:
Level 15
Hehe, hi, I just had a crazy idea, lol.:grin:

Since hopefully the new server will stabilize the Hive, I thought of making a Warcraft-wikipedia. No, not for the lore, but rather a user&resource-wikipedia on the Hive.
As far as I know, pages don't take that much space either. Is it possible? It would be fun, lol. The same reference systems, except the users can edit their own pages (still written in the third singular person), signing the articles.

I know it sounds pretty useless but still... I like editing wikipedia articles and I would like to know your opinion.:huh:

Sorry Rui way ahaid of you
i ordriganly had the idea in 006 and ralle said TTBOMK he would think aobut it
and rui if we had a wiki WWJD?
and what about all of the noob spammers

Status
Not open for further replies.