• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

400mb map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
The newest map im working on, is a 400 MB single map (It may change into few maps to reduce loading time), it will eventually include :

100MB+ of music files and voice-overs.
5+ hours of gameplay.
10-20 boss battles, that will have differing terrains and stragitys to defeat them. (Maby something like, you hafto grab bomb items from chutes around the battle zone and throw them at the boss, "and the boss will have 100k+ hp so the only to kill it is to use the bombs normal attacks wont work")
Alot of cinamatics with some voice-acting.
100+ imported doodads/units/buildings/etc.

Currently complete -Updated Jan 26 2009

Triggers-//////////15%////////
Terrain-////36%//////////////////
Units-/////////20%//////////
Spells & Abilitys-/////////////37%///////////
Story Line- Secret

Where The Music & SFX is from

FLCL
.hack//legendofthetwilight
.hack//sign
.hack//roots
.hack//G.U.
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts 2
Final Fantasy 7 Online
Final Fantasy 7 The Movie
Final Fantasy 8-12
Gladiator
Braveheart
World of Warcraft
-Outher Sources-

The Demo

When i release the demo the size should be around 75-150 MB, and include 3-4 boss fights, 3 hours-6 hours of gameplay.

Themes

Some of the themes are from:

UglyYetBeautiful
GhostStorys
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
Kingdom Hearts
-More will be added as development has progressed-

----------------------------Needed---------------------------------------
-Someone who can make Icons.
-Someone good at triggers that can check over mine incase glitches are found during the testing stages.
-Someone who can make some of the cinamatics and/or check over any mistakes i may have made in cinamatic triggers.

Resources Needed

Links to sites with High Rez Models.
Links to anything that is high quality, i dont care at all how big the filesize is.

-------------------------------Updates---------------------------------------------

Jan/3/09

I finished alot of the main hero's abilitys, She is mainly a mele-type fighter with abilitys such as Punch, Knock-Out, Kick, ETC.
First cinamatic is completed along with 96% of the the beginning triggers. Tho every time i play throu to test the battle/end-battle cinamatics it glitches out somehow... gonna hafto find someone to help with fixing that.
File size hasent increased to much, mainly to the fact that ive only been importing 2-3 music files and not many models yet.
I have some ideas for the name but i wont settle on anything YET.

--------Screenshots n stuff--------------------------

This will be the loading screen, i might possibly edit it a bit.

I already started editing it but it wont be finished for a few days.

QUESTIONS? JUST POST HERE

Last edited:
Level 17
Use a free file-hosting site and just give a link to it. I don't see why it would't upload with one map. I've never played a game that large. EDIT: lol, I'm too slow.

Level 23
I made a test importing all the tft model files to a map once. I dont remember if it was opanable in game, but it worked as usual in world editor. I dont think there should be any problem.

There are several campaigns with over 50mb of importing. It should work.

Level 3
A map thats 400+ MB?!? You cant play that online. The maximum amount is around 4.1MB or something.

Level 8
And how long will people have to wait to play?And this is campaign so no need for multiplayer.In theory you can start to play but will you be able to finish?

Whell my first 40mb map with a bunch of imports, took about 2 min to start and ti was on 480x480 or something about that size, it might take 10-20 min to start, less if i use optimizer, and make triggers to spawn things.

Anyone know how to fix WEU so it works with the new patch? or how to make unlimited doodads?

Level 21
That map was 10x smaller.Think like this.
1.How long will this take to download.Not everyone have fast internet conection or what ever.
2.How long will you wait to play it.Around 20 min on fast drive.How long on slow ones, not all people have good computers.
3.Will moderators even aprove this map.
The Biggest campaign on this site is 100mb.4x smaller than yours.

And WEU is trash if you ask me.But there is no other way to make unlimited doodads.
Maybe some other tool.

Level 8
That map was 10x smaller.Think like this.
1.How long will this take to download.Not everyone have fast internet conection or what ever.
2.How long will you wait to play it.Around 20 min on fast drive.How long on slow ones, not all people have good computers.
3.Will moderators even aprove this map.
The Biggest campaign on this site is 100mb.4x smaller than yours.

And WEU is trash if you ask me.But there is no other way to make unlimited doodads.
Maybe some other tool.

1. Whell, it will probly take 30min min 1hr or so max on highspeed. Probly days for anything slower, Dont download it then if u dont like waiting.

2. I havent played on a slow comp since i was 5 so no idea.

3. W/e who cares if tis aproved, they take months to even get haf the new uploads finished.

Yeah i just figured otu a way to make the loading time alot less, il use triggers to spawn and un-spawn doodads when you enter and leave certian areas. Proply just trees some units and random outher doodads.

Level 21
But mods can remove your map.And who is crazy to wait 30 min for a game?
You think only about your self if you ask me.Users hate maps of 3mb size and you expect them to play this.
No really I uploaded map of 3mb size and everybody said that i should reduce size.

Level 19
let me guess
naruto models + rap musics, just quit and play Need for Speed (darn Im so evil and missjudger)

Level 4
Here's some suggestions:
-Use JassNewGen.
-Squish the models.
-Compress the BLPS/images.
-Compress the sounds.
-Use the Optmizer
-Use the Widgetizer

If you have done these already, you have an unreal amount of imports.

Level 8
Here's some suggestions:
-Use JassNewGen.
-Squish the models.
-Compress the BLPS/images.
-Compress the sounds.
-Use the Optmizer
-Use the Widgetizer

If you have done these already, you have an unreal amount of imports.

1. i am using jassnewgen
2. ??????????????????
3. ??????????????????
4. already compressed all music files
5. yep im using optimize/widg

Level 19
and widgetzer increases map size too
if you want fast load make triggers put objects after map starts
so they wont get preloaded in loading time

Edit: lol whatever dont do that its just 30-40kbs

Do NOT use the optimizer. The map will not be able to load. Having TOO much in a map cause Vex to not work proberly.

I guess your map should be under 10mb to work correctly with Vex.

All you can do is buying own sever for 5000$, install Debian on it and find a new host on google.com so you have your own private server...

Level 21
OK then.Campaigns can't be played at multiplayer.
When you are so "smart" tell me what is the point of making map that no one in this world would download?People are laughing when they see this thread.
And where would you upload it?It isn't going to be approved so it will be moved from the site.And I can see you aren't good with Mods right now.

Level 17
lulz, so much hate. For 400 mb this map should be completly reinventing warcraft. It would have to be so insanely awesome that it blows up our brains upon viewing. Otherwise you should really consider removing all unneccessary files, maybe just use more warcraft models and music. There not all that bad.

Level 8
OK then.Campaigns can't be played at multiplayer.
When you are so "smart" tell me what is the point of making map that no one in this world would download?People are laughing when they see this thread.
And where would you upload it?It isn't going to be approved so it will be moved from the site.And I can see you aren't good with Mods right now.

You cant physicly hear them laughing unless there on the phone or nere you duh.
I would upload it on megaupload or anyouther file hosting site i can find.
Mods? there just big babys who think they are awsome because they have a special icon.
Who says im uploading it here? Im only giving the link to where its uploaded, so therefore they cant reject/approve my map since its not uploaded on the site.

PS: the poor thing was directed to velk

Level 21
Well I didn't now you aren't going to post it on this site.And people were laughing I have talked to some.Why?If you don't get it then what is point to say anything.
But you don't have the right to insult anyone and disrespecting moderators is wrong.All I need to do is report you.

Status
Not open for further replies.