• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how do you extend camera??? Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I really dont know how to exsplain this correctly but here it goes.

In cinamatic you will have view over more of the map when you use the cameras. But in game if you scroll down looking horizontally you will only see blackness in the distance, So how do you make it so you can view more, Like Diablo 3 warcraft when you look down the cliffs you wont see black glitches.

( Sorry that i said this badly :p)

Thanks.

Last edited:
Level 14
Scenario ---> Map Options

Set the Fog Start to 999999.00, and Fog End to 999999.00

That makes it so long distance objects aren't blackened out. However, be careful with how long your view range is, if you're looking an extremely long distance you may cause lag to your game.

Level 11
Well in my game, Its kinda like Diablo 3 Warcraft, Its got big cliffs, so...... If i do this i wont have the fog that will cover the bottom of my cliffs.

(Edit: I did it but i get this... Blacky thing in the background and only goes up to 100000.00)

Users will get to your questions when they can, delete your second post and just use edits on your first one, next time you will be reported.

Sorry, I just saw someone else do it a phew pages forward. I dont normaly double topic. Diddnt know it was gona make someone say that though. :sad:

Attachments

• PIC1233.jpg
    PIC1233.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 123
Level 6
I really dont know how to exsplain this correctly but here it goes.

In cinamatic you will have view over more of the map when you use the cameras. But in game if you scroll down looking horizontally you will only see blackness in the distance, So how do you make it so you can view more, Like Diablo 3 warcraft when you look down the cliffs you wont see black glitches.

( Sorry that i said this badly :p)

Thanks.

dont scroll down... problem solved

Level 5
Use triggers to change FarZ value of the camera to more, it should get rid of the black which is there to reduce lag. So if you have a huge map with lots of stuff in it I wouldn't suggest increasing it too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.