• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

400mb map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol EXACTLY what ive been trying to say.

I have DSL 32k, download is about 700kb/sec with most sides and I can say..

HELL I would NEVER play the map. Did you ever think of unnecessary space? I would more like to download ALL others of the HWS maps instead just downloading yours, even if it would be good, it still can't mess with the other maps here together.

Well no place for changing my opinion, I would never like to download it.

Level 25
Considering your attitude in this thread, mate, we're not going to waste 400 megs of our server space for your overbloated, overgrown map. If you want us to, then you'd better be presenting us with something pretty damn good

Otherwise, find your own web server if you want to upload something that obnoxiously large

Level 20
You cant physicly hear them laughing unless there on the phone or nere you duh.
I would upload it on megaupload or anyouther file hosting site i can find.
Mods? there just big babys who think they are awsome because they have a special icon.
Who says im uploading it here? Im only giving the link to where its uploaded, so therefore they cant reject/approve my map since its not uploaded on the site.

PS: the poor thing was directed to velk

He isn't going to put it here.

Level 2
i dont know why everyones getting upset, saying its too big to even try. honestly i beleave the map might be wasteing space, too much music or something not required to have a good map. but i would probably kill time and download it just to try, the curiosity of what a 400mb warcraft map could be. its too big to keep unless its truely mind blowing. but its worth a try and a delete. And the maker is makeing it, so to him its werth it, all the time going into it.. so watch what your saying, respect the effort.

Level 18
You cant physicly hear them laughing unless there on the phone or nere you duh.

I'm laughing like hell thank you very much.

I would upload it on megaupload or anyouther file hosting site i can find.
Mods? there just big babys who think they are awsome because they have a special icon.

WRONG, The max file upload sizes I usually see are 100MB. And I'd watch your tounge, the Mods can do alot more than you expect.

Who says im uploading it here? Im only giving the link to where its uploaded, so therefore they cant reject/approve my map since its not uploaded on the site.

Retard they can still delete your post. You are clueless aren't you.

Mecheon keep your opinion to yourself if u didnt bother reading the posts.

If you want us to keep our opinions to ourselves why the Fuck did you post here in the first place. We have our opinions and are entitled to them. So I suggest you shut the fuck up and stop being a retard to everyone around you.

What is your map at now? 100mb? Most likely cause of gay music.

Level 8
Music files got compressed from 4-6 mb to 1.5-3.5 mb, the map is at 150 mb, only 7 music files, 24 sound files (voices n stuff), 10 model imports.

PS: STFU about my file size, ive heard enough complaining about o its soo big stop making it blah blah blah. Shut it.

If your gonna post a comment make it about anything that dosent invilve the abreviations that signafy file sizes in any language, abreviation, device, etc.

EDIT:
PSSS: just nticed i didnt have the updates and stuff in this post, check main page its all there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 9
Music files got compressed from 4-6 mb to 1.5-3.5 mb, the map is at 150 mb, only 7 music files, 24 sound files (voices n stuff), 10 model imports.

PS: STFU about my file size, ive heard enough complaining about o its soo big stop making it blah blah blah. Shut it.

If your gonna post a comment make it about anything that dosent invilve the abreviations that signafy file sizes in any language, abreviation, device, etc.

I'd listen to people complaining about the file size, because these are the people who you'll be releasing your campaign to, and if you want it to be widely played then small file size will be crucial because many people don't have the time or will to download a 100 mb campaign. Do you really have to use the music and voices? It seems that those are the imports dragging your map down. I'd consider taking out some voices/music or try to decrease their size a bit more to save space, because file size is the first thing people look at, and it's the first thing that decides a map's fate.

Level 9
It is a single map.

a 400 MB single map campaign...

1) How is it a campaign when it's only ONE MAP?

2) Is a 400 MB single map EVEN POSSIBLE?! WC3 won't overload and blow up?

I'm not trying to rant, but the maker needs to see the practicality of this. Not only would downloading the map be annoying, but playing it would cause unreal amounts of lag and would thus be impossible to play. And the loading time? I, nor any sane person, don't want to wait 30 minutes for the map to load, no thanks. There are 2-4 MB multiplayer maps hosted on bnet that take a while to load, and it annoys a lot of people. Can you imagine 400 MB? Hell, even 100!. If it's going to take 30 minutes+, then it better be REALLY fun, because I'm practically downloading an entire game (TFT is 492 MB)

Whell i was thinking of taking out voices, but most of the music will saty. Aslo if i can get these damn cinamatics fixed instead of using 9 diff music files i would only hafto use 3 for the first few min.

What's wrong with the cinimatics?

Level 8
Whell i finished working on a series of cinamatics, and every time i test them they get all glitchy and buggy keep repeating them selvs and stuff.

Ive looked at the triggers a few times for the past week, but i cant find anything that makes them repeat.

If anyone wants to try and fix it, im posting v0.00013, (It only includes the glitched stuff) everything past the ones in the posted map work.

PS: any changes you make will be applied to current version.

Current version is V0.00126

Attachments

• V0.00013.w3n
    7.5 MB · Views: 94
Level 9
Whell i finished working on a series of cinamatics, and every time i test them they get all glitchy and buggy keep repeating them selvs and stuff.

Ive looked at the triggers a few times for the past week, but i cant find anything that makes them repeat.

If anyone wants to try and fix it, im posting v0.00013, (It only includes the glitched stuff) everything past the ones in the posted map work.

PS: any changes you make will be applied to current version.

Current version is V0.00126

7.5 MB for a cinimatic? Jesus...

I'll take a look at it.

Level 31
Even though single player map doesn't have restriction at file size, but it is always recommend to keep it at the lowest file size as possible as not everybody have a good internet connection that are capable to download file at excellent speed.

And if your cinematic been repetitive, that might probably because you set something such as the event - Unit enter xxx region and then execute the cinematic but forgot to turn off the trigger.

Level 3
Very big project :eek:

Well, I wish you a good luck with this. But are you sure you're not taking too big bite? Think your capabilities, can you really make something like this, so it's worth it? If you're pro at this, or willing to do so much work, go for it :> I'm ready to download 400mb map without any problems, if it runs on my pc and works. So basicly, make it worth it.

I have a advice: why not make "plain" version first? Just use minimium ammount of imported stuff, but no music, no sound, nothing too big. Make a version that is below, let's say, 10mb if that's possible. And make it finished, from start to end.

If that works out, start adding those imported things to your map, testing it while doing that.

Lot's of work, I know, have to replace and re-do so much stuff, but for your own good(so you wont burn out and just stop the project) and your map's popularity, it could be really wise option :)

Level 9
Heres 2 screenshots from V0.00014

I suggest you redo the entire thing, because tbh, it looks bad. Terrain is the second thing that determines the fate of a map, and this would kill it. It shows that you're focusing more on adding the sound and music files, all of the little things instead of working on the terrain and possibly the units.

Best of luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.