• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

(4)DUNGEON MAP testing thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
DUNGEON MAP ((pre)alpha)
by Sunwarrior25

Select a Hero from the Rift and barrel through the dungeon.

Map "Features":
  • An author who thinks he has a clue on what he's doing
  • A Team Status Multiboard
  • The Rift is the located at the start of each level, and acts as a Revive Location and a Rest Stop. It does not act as an item shop. Sorry.
  • Experience scale based on the number of players.
  • Absolutely NO TOME SHOPS!!! Like hell am I going to allow players to max out on Agility with an Agility Hero!

Things I want to know:
  • This map is fairly easy to solo. Is it just as easy with a group?
  • A few of the Heroes summon more units. Will this "break" the game?
  • How's my driving?
  • Why doesn't the game let me Restart the Map during Single Player mode?
  • Because I based the Rift off of the Tavern, I'm having a hard time coming up with ways to prevent other players from picking the same hero (They can currently wait an hour while other players clear the dungeon). Any ideas?

This is it. No huge over ambitious plans, no going over my head with things I don't know about. Just me seeing how far I can get on Vanilla abilities. So far about halfway through Stage 2.

I will collect the credits for resources used when I'm closer to having the map used, because by then I will be clearing out everything I ended up not using so that I can have enough space to finish the map.

I have already performed Single Player tests, I do so every time I change something, but the internet here is incapable of handling Bnet. So could someone kindly test this with some friends? The map should end at the first switch puzzle, because I haven't gotten to making that work yet.

Attachments

• DUNGEONMAP.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 88
Status
Not open for further replies.