• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

3rd jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
It is possible to have 3rd Advacement in V1.2?? idk.. just wondering.. cuz it would make a little more interesting to run a D4 or D5 and beside all of these Gaia love the game and willing to be paitent to see the best of v1.2 :)

These are my opinion of the name.....

[Cleric] -> [Bishop] -> [Saint]
[Cleric] -> [Monk] -> [Exorcist]

[Archer] -> [Hunter] -> [Sniper]
[Archer] -> [Druid] -> [Sentinal]

[Squire] -> [Crusader] -> [Guardian]
[Squire] -> [Berzerk] -> [Barbarian]

[Magician] -> [Sorcesses] -> [ArchMage]
[Magician] -> [Necromancer] -> [Warlock]

[Thief] -> [Assassin] -> [Seeker]
[Thief] -> [Barb] -> [Horde]

The point of new classes or jobs advancement isnt about stats, i'm talking about advanture and mysteries of the upcoming version :/

Last edited:
Level 2
Not in 1.2 for sure, we only have 1 skill for 2nd classes and only 3 new skills in v1.2, whats the point of 3rd class without new skills for them, extra stats ? Not fun.And Zwiebelchen won't be making extra skill just for 3rd class because you want it 0.o he already has hard time creating new 30 skills for 1.2.

Reactions: Rui
Level 14
I cant see a reason to let the heros evolve if they dont even have a choice. It would just mean every Bishop becomes a Saint, so whats the difference?

A third class change would require at least 2 possibilities for each of the 10 current classes, means 20 new classes total. Thats a lot of work for some more classes that are pretty similar to each other anyway.

Level 8
I cant see a reason to let the heros evolve if they dont even have a choice. It would just mean every Bishop becomes a Saint, so whats the difference?

A third class change would require at least 2 possibilities for each of the 10 current classes, means 20 new classes total. Thats a lot of work for some more classes that are pretty similar to each other anyway.

How about just 1 upgrade to get 1 of new spells of those 30 + stats upg.
ofc. required evel + hard quest in dungeon 4 to recive this bonus and/or shop item with require 3rd hero upgrade.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
How about just 1 upgrade to get 1 of new spells of those 30 + stats upg.
ofc. required evel + hard quest in dungeon 4 to recive this bonus and/or shop item with require 3rd hero upgrade.
And what should be the point of that when there is no branching out again? A change of names? Don't you think cosmecial changes are not worth the effort I'd have to put into? No offense, just my thoughts on that.

There will never be a third branching point in Gaias Retaliation. I'd rather add a third advanced class for every base class instead, as this makes far more sense to me.

Level 4

Well... its true that's given more works for the creator, but its a worth for all of us who is waiting for the upcoming version 1.2; such as suggestion and everything that's we actually we wanna see in v1.2. This is also depend if the creator allow it or not :S

Also.. about hawa.. been talking about Stats thingie.... im not really interesting in those crap.. what's im interesting is the..
-Story line
-Classes [Not the stats..] and mysteries about them S:
-Extreme Dungeon
-Teamworks

Last edited:
Level 8
And what should be the point of that when there is no branching out again? A change of names? Don't you think cosmecial changes are not worth the effort I'd have to put into? No offense, just my thoughts on that.

There will never be a third branching point in Gaias Retaliation. I'd rather add a third advanced class for every base class instead, as this makes far more sense to me.

I didn't ment to offense or joke of ur work, was just wondering about Schanzi idea and liked it.

Level 2

Haters gonna hate
061.gif

May be he wants it to be like Twilight's eve ORPG which has 4th Job
063.gif
Anyway, 6th base class is enough for us, cant wait for v 1.2
012.gif

Level 2
I also think adding a 3rd choice to the current advancement is a much better option.
The tricky thing I believe would be finding a role for that 3rd choice.
I mean when the squire advances, hes going to choose between what: a tank, a damage dealer, or a healer? Then again its not completely bizarre, a paladin comes to mind.

If a d4 and d5 are to be introduced, I think making the advancement quests available slightly later, and the quest slightly harder might be a good idea?

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
While i respect your idea Dalsie, you should know that this means ALOT of work for the developers. Also i don't see the point of adding more choices at lvl 25, why not just create new basic classes with their own advanced classes? 2 choices seem reasonable to me, preventing the class differences from becoming to vague or too extreme ;).

Really we should be happy that this brilliant mod even has advanced classes ;)

Level 2
Well its not really my idea - its more of a 'what-if' opinion. ie, if the OP's ideas were to be implemented, this is my opinion on how.

I think the way it is now is perfect really.

However I still think if more dungeons are added, delaying the advancement is something worth considering.

Level 3
I think the idea is very nice but it shouldnt be like third job but maybe as name change like in diablo2 (when you beat different dificulties you add title to your name). So basically every class that gets level 50 and already did all quest get their name changed. I am not sure how hard it is to implement but come onnnn evryone want to have huge internet penis!!!!!!!!

Level 2
Actually I'm sure we understand that Zwiel has done far too much work on his own, creating 3rd job classes would mean 5 more new spells, if you are expecting branching, that would be 10, and not to forget how much work it'll take.

I'm just gona be happy with 1.2

However, if a dedicated team can assist Zwiel, then this may be a possible dream :)

Level 1
While I like the fact (some) people are really brainstorming for possible "extra" jobs , I have to admit, I'd be much happier to see another (6th) base class with its own unique abilities and role(s). I fact, instead of 3rd jobs, I would like to have to possibility to revert to my previous job / class if I happen to make a bad decision, or dislike my character after the change in general. This would come at no cost, but can be done only once per character. Suggestions?

Level 3
Actually I'm sure we understand that Zwiel has done far too much work on his own, creating 3rd job classes would mean 5 more new spells, if you are expecting branching, that would be 10, and not to forget how much work it'll take.

I'm just gona be happy with 1.2

However, if a dedicated team can assist Zwiel, then this may be a possible dream :)

Well thats only if we want new spell. But why should we? I mean think about it for a second. You get to level 50 you have done all your quests and you have all your items. I fully understand that there are a lot of people that like to play tons of char and i have seen people with all char at level 34 undergeared and basically useless, but some of us and that includes me, really like to focus on 1 char and max it out. Maybe this last advancement shouldn't be a job change but exactly that an advancement. You get your level 50 char and than you collect for example 50 MC or some new item in d4, or meet some requirements and than that gives you the possibility to become master of what you do? no big changes are required. Maybe this last advancement can upgrade 1 or 2 of your basic skills and you may choose which one it is(or it can give main stat boost or maybe give the ultimate item for your class).

Of course this is just an idea because i am absolutely not sure how much time it would take or would it be possible. But i think that with a level cap of 50 it would be fun to have something that will give you incentives to play your chars after you reach that level cap.

Level 4

completely agree, sorry it was a nice idea but when u think about it its just like going in circles. You change to your class, thats it, more evolves wouldnt make sense

Level 1
The most important point, which was already pointed out, is the repeat of archetypes such an repeated advanced class system causes. Warcraft 3 has roughly limited, technical details so you can not exactly make it completely unique for all of them; this in turn also limits Zwiebelchen in making such new classes completely unique and thus, fun to play; repeated classes are not fun to play and not exactly rewarding.

For now, it should be sticked to a new 6th Class.

Level 2
And i posted a sixth base class suggestion in the other thread, not sure if anyone read it yet :x Would need some feedbacks

Level 11
If you just want a stat bonus wouldn't it make more sense if all classes share a quest which will give them a boost in their stats. Or maybe they are given the choice of, lets say, of 3 upgrades which will give them different stats.

Like this: 1: Royal 2: Elite 3: Master

Royal gives +Strength, Elite gives +Agility and Master gives +Intelligence.

For a crusader who chooses 1 he will become Royal Crusader or a Necromancer who goes 3 he will become Master Necromancer etc.

But it is still kinda pointless, its just like when you level up and choose an attribute but its more cooler. Maybe if it gave an extra spell (a common spell which every one shares) or access to a specific shop. the reward type can be various :p

Level 18
look 1.2 WILL Have a 6th class , A NEW SPELL , we currently have to delete 1 spell and that's nice cuse classes are unique depending on stats+ power deleted and 1.2 will add another one which also will be nice but. a new class if current class has only 3 spells and we need to delete 2 to use last 2 of them wtf?
why would we need another class , with last power + d4 it's enough , it would be nice if zwielb would make like a town where you buy new power at the end of d4 so that ppl take some time to buy it and only exit from town would be a scroll.

Level 6
[Cleric] -> [Monk] -> [Exorcist] maybe [Guru] / [Haruchai] / [Buddha](my fav)
would be more fitting because its a kind of holy martirial artist

[Thief] -> [Bard] -> [Dreamweaver] / [Samurai] sound good or?
[Thief] -> [Assassin] -> [Ninja]

[Squire] -> [Crusader] -> [Guardian] could be [Paladin] / [Vindicator] too

[Archer] -> [Druid] -> [Sentinal] / [Forestal] / [Tree-shephard]

Last edited:
Level 5
Ummm I have alot of ideas to share..but I think the game is pretty sweet already, but the thing that will annoy me is that 6th base class... everyone who has played gaia will be making it... it will turn out to be the ONLY class played :/ but the thing is im disagreeing with my own disagreement (think for a minute) because i will like to see a new base class, only because its something new XD.

Also i dont think a new branch should be added, thats just long and toooooo much work, i hate waiting for years lol, but i think adding a 'upgrade' to a class will be kinda nice, for example Assasin - Shadow Walker , Hunter - Beast Master, lol etc, but thats only if there will be a d5 ^^

P.S add some repeatable quest that can be done every 2 days in game (thats 30 mins i think?) Because making money in this game is pretty annoying, dam orges XD lol, and finding a d3 team is kinda hard too and thts the best way to make money.

Thx :)

Level 5
Ummm I have alot of ideas to share..but I think the game is pretty sweet already, but the thing that will annoy me is that 6th base class... everyone who has played gaia will be making it... it will turn out to be the ONLY class played :/ but the thing is im disagreeing with my own disagreement (think for a minute) because i will like to see a new base class, only because its something new XD.

Also i dont think a new branch should be added, thats just long and toooooo much work, i hate waiting for years lol, but i think adding a 'upgrade' to a class will be kinda nice, for example Assasin - Shadow Walker , Hunter - Beast Master, lol etc, but thats only if there will be a d5 ^^

P.S add some repeatable quest that can be done every 2 days in game (thats 30 mins i think?) Because making money in this game is pretty annoying, dam orges XD lol, and finding a d3 team is kinda hard too and thts the best way to make money.

Thx :)

The fuck did i just read .-. my eyes are bleeding.

Level 5
You want a plaster? texugo1337 dude, explain why its bad...or u can just come off this page -_- seriously, no need of getting rude i didnt offend anyone?

Level 5
-If a new class is implemented it will not be the ONLY class played, it will be played a lot for 2~3 days then people would just play their favorite character again and some people will just want to explore the new areas and d4 and would not even bother to create the new class.
-Hunter 3rd class wouldn't be a Beast Master.
-I'm almost sure repeatable quests are out of Zwieb plans.
-2 days in game isn't nearly 30 minutes (it's about 15 minutes).
-Finding a d3 team isn't hard.

Level 5
in all honest sincerity. i think that there should be a 3rd advancement class. b/c it came down to the fact that your either a healer a tank or a dps. theres like no middle options. some people like that. im saying make a class advance that has like half tank half heal for squire(paladin) ex.. you know not the best and not the worst. but efficient, the char still wont be able to do evrything by himself though. but dont get it like how the druid is(not the most reliant healer just support). but yeh whatever the case, its just my opinion.

Level 9
Are you saying that, there should be a 3rd branch or a 3rd tier? 3rd tier would just be a horrible idea since then zweb would have to A. Make atleast 20 new different clases and atleast 80 new skills, with so much growth it would get VERY reptitive, ecspecially since the only class that can really do this without being a repeat of another is Squire.
Also we already do have classes that are hybrids, Monk is a tank and a healer, Berserker is a tank and a dps, Druid, Is suppose to be Dps and healer(I don't see how), and Bard is dps and buffer, every slot you can think of in my opinion is filled by something, except a debuffer, which could easily be brought in by a 6th Class,
I truely beleive that the 6th Class would be the best answer to any missing classes, since we're only missing a debuffer. I'm not trying to sound a dick about this but I think about this realisticly.

Level 5
-If a new class is implemented it will not be the ONLY class played, it will be played a lot for 2~3 days then people would just play their favorite character again and some people will just want to explore the new areas and d4 and would not even bother to create the new class.

True :D

-Hunter 3rd class wouldn't be a Beast Master

OFC NOT XD tht was just a sub, icba to fink of a proper name i didnt exspect or want it to be beast master -_-

-I'm almost sure repeatable quests are out of Zwieb plans.

Sorry didnt understand here :S it was just a suggestion for some help with money, maybe Zwieb has something else in my mind..i dont know :p

-2 days in game isn't nearly 30 minutes (it's about 15 minutes).

oh ok thx, i didnt know - well every 15mins then?

-Finding a d3 team isn't hard.

It pretty much is, new players cant play because they r never needed, e.g a d2 geared druid wont be wanted in a d3 group so they just rmk nd leave that player out :/ Also, if u still play on b-net or garena what ever, dont u always have that same circle of people? Some nice players who have almost every class full geared 0.o nd the ones tht wanna get geared but are not allowed to join because they r pretty much useless lol (not me this is from another person point of view)

and see what i was saying is pretty much what toomuch is saying too, a 3rd achievement class will be epic and also another goal in Gaias, Ihazdialup i also agree with u...with all tht work :s I feel sorry for creator lol, but maybe just 2 new skills for the achievement class wont be too much?

On the other hand..to make the classes more balanced i guess we need another class - but a mail weilder (we have 2 cloth and 2 leather and 1 mail)

Anyways thats wht i gotta say..not saying it shud be tht, not trying to be annoying so plzz dnt start on me again -_- ^^

Level 5
i meant a 3rd class not a 3rd tier. i decided to suggest some names if yuou al would like them.

-squire -thief -magician -ranger -cleric
--crusader --bard --sorcerer --druid --bishop
--berserker --assassin --necromancer --hunter --monk
--champion --ninja --alchemist --shaman --saint

sry if i said names that were already suggested, just thought of these.
besides the already originals ones... just thought to add so you can see...

Level 8
ninja - assasin it's pretty same tbh.

I would sugest as 3rd something else like scout(with extra skills gun powder/ traps)

Level 13
This idea was already scrapped why do people keep going for it?
Zwieb said he'd be more likely to make a 6th class than tier 3 shit.

Level 13
Tbh it's a horrible idea and its already been explained why it won't be implemented.

Level 6
most player doesnt want more classes maybe....the want evolve his favor char more

Level 13
Evolving characters will come with future versions. Different items and skills will mean different builds and ideas. New classes doesn't really help this process much.

Status
Not open for further replies.