1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[3ds max] New modeler need help rendering (in-game+custom texture)

Discussion in 'Modeling & Animation' started by konerboy, Oct 4, 2008.

1. konerboy

konerboy

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    hi i just started taking modeling tutorials for 3ds max, and i need some help.

how can i use textures without using the material editor?
    and what should i do if i want to use some in-game textures (i'm familiar with mpq extractors)

hopefully i will be able to make some units soon! :p

2. BlinkBoy

BlinkBoy

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    1rst You need to use the material editor either you like it or not.

2nd Extract the .blps and convert them into .tga, then use material editor, select the textures and apply them to the meshes.

3. konerboy

konerboy

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    okay. thx

can you tell me how to export a render? the rigth way

i've looked around in "render" but it the model changes position in it when i move it.

4. Sephiroth_VII

Sephiroth_VII

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What do you mean export render? You mean export the model? You need Blizzards art tools if your gonna make wc3 models with max. Its in the hives tool section. Not sure what you mean. Blizz Art Tools comes with a War3 previewer that allows you to preview your models and see how they would look like in war3 within max.

5. konerboy

konerboy

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    yeah okay, im more interested in learning how this unwrap can be used on that model.

how can i do that for a 3dsmax model?

Attached Files:

6. Sephiroth_VII

Sephiroth_VII

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That would be the UV map. You have to unwrap the model with a UVW modifer. Go to the Hives Modeling tutorial section and hit all the 3dsmax tuts you can to learn how to model.

Edit: Make sure to check out wc3campaigns tutorials too.
    http://www.wc3campaigns.net/tutorials.php?f=429
    They have some good unwrapping tuts.

7. Raziel_br

Raziel_br

Resources:
    Resources:
    were I can make dowload of the 3ds max??
    I seach on google and not find one link, you can pass to me?

8. konerboy

konerboy

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    thats properly because it cost's alot of money, a free althernative is "GMAX" which have alot of the same stuff but just limited in some way. all you have to is register and of you go!

and by the way i did some research about UV mapping and i figured it out thx guys.

Solved

9. Raziel_br

Raziel_br

Resources:
    Resources:
    thanks!!