• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

3ds Max 7 trial, what files should i D/L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
ok i want to start modeling as so far i have enjoyed making maps, spells and skins (though not all were that great :S) so ive decided to try out 3ds max 7 but i dont have a clue on what things to D/L aside from the main programme

these are the options for what i can download, what do u think i should get?

3ds max 7 Help Files & Tutorials
Includes complete set of help files including the Reference, Tutorials, MAXScript, and
mental ray help files (123 MB). Tutorial support files are listed below separately.

3ds max 7 Architectural Materials
Series of texture maps designed to work with the new Architectural Material feature (131 MB).

3ds max 7 Tutorial Support Files
Complete set of tutorial scene (.max) files that ship with 3ds max 7.
You will need to download the Help & Tutorial file separately (above) to get the 3ds max 7 tutorials.chm.
We recommend that you download only the files that you need.

Introduction to 3ds max Tutorials(81 MB)
Design Viz Professional Tutorials(85.5 MB)
Games Professional Tutorials(23.3 MB)
Character Animation Professional Tutorials(66.7 MB)
Film and Broadcast Professional Tutorials(71 MB)
mental ray Tutorials(13 MB)
reactor and Flex Tutorials(50 MB)
Shockwave 3D Tutorials(.3 MB)

3ds max 7 Additional Maps and Materials
Material libraries and maps(65 MB).

Level 7
yah you cant use the art tools on any new modelling programs and never will be able too....why would you want to...the art tools are just a crutch anyway. If you decide that you wanna keep that max 7 and dont wanna pay 3500 dollars for it or pirate it theres an alternative. If your a student in grades K through 12 or a college student you are eligible for a huge discount on 3ds max 7. Go to discreets website and find there student retailers that sell 3ds max 7. I went to studica.com and ended up paying 593.99 for it. Saves you quite a bit of money.

Level 22
The wc3 art tools wont work for any versions of 3ds max over version 5. (only versions 4 and 5 to be exact) That, and it has to be the full version, not a trial or demo version. But I hear people are having a lot of luck with MilkShape and Gmax, which might make good (and more inexpensive) alternatives.
-VGsatomi

Status
Not open for further replies.