• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[3ds max] New modeler need help rendering (in-game+custom texture)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
hi i just started taking modeling tutorials for 3ds max, and i need some help.

how can i use textures without using the material editor?
and what should i do if i want to use some in-game textures (i'm familiar with mpq extractors)

hopefully i will be able to make some units soon! :p

Level 15
What do you mean export render? You mean export the model? You need Blizzards art tools if your gonna make wc3 models with max. Its in the hives tool section. Not sure what you mean. Blizz Art Tools comes with a War3 previewer that allows you to preview your models and see how they would look like in war3 within max.

Level 7
yeah okay, im more interested in learning how this unwrap can be used on that model.

how can i do that for a 3dsmax model?

Attachments

• PriestessOfTheMoon.jpg
    PriestessOfTheMoon.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 147
  • priestress.jpg
    priestress.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 118
Level 7
were I can make dowload of the 3ds max??
I seach on google and not find one link, you can pass to me?

thats properly because it cost's alot of money, a free althernative is "GMAX" which have alot of the same stuff but just limited in some way. all you have to is register and of you go!

and by the way i did some research about UV mapping and i figured it out thx guys.

Solved

Status
Not open for further replies.