• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2D Art Mini-Contests: Icons' Prison

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a resize option in the button manger
you just go to Actions-->file to size to 64x64
That's not what I am looking for. That option simply resizes any image that is bigger than 64x64. The ATT and UPG icons are smaller, and when applying the original borders, they get resized automatically. That does not work with custom borders, though.

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
Well, this would be my entry post.
The inner shadows are fused to the respective borders. Additionally, I tested the TGA files in BTNManager, so I can pretty much guarantee that they work.
If you encounter any problems, please contact me. Sometimes BTNManager bitches around with tiny tiny details, when they should work without any problems.
chJbPQLuUj.png
w1FFVyZ49P.png
bapJXr1RCD.png
9k2dYnaALR.png
Iuncrv8JbT.png
B3cyU8kXSD.png
YxGJHKZoBE.png

The PAS border should be the throne of the Queen of Hearts from American McGee's "Alice: Madness Returns". Unfortunately, the border was too large, so it cut off >30% of an icon...
tumblr_m6pxjz4Ubw1rvrqhfo2_500.png

Edit:
Update 1: Improved BTN border.
Update 2: Added DISBTN border.
Update 3: Added ATC border (DISATC is not needed, they are the same).
Update 4: Added PAS and DISPAS borders.
Update 5: Remade PAS and DISPAS borders.
Update 6: Added ATT border.
Update 7: Added UPG border.

From left to right:
BTN - DISBTN - ATC - PAS - DISPAS - ATT - UPG

Loving these man..

Level 14
The inner shadows are fused to the respective borders. Additionally, I tested the TGA files in BTNManager, so I can pretty much guarantee that they work.
If you encounter any problems, please contact me. Sometimes BTNManager bitches around with tiny tiny details, when they should work without any problems.
The program defines all grayscale colors as original image shading, which intensity could be modified for each border. If border have any artifacts when applying to picture, make sure there are no "gray" pixels. In other words, changing a bit pixel color will fix the glitch.

That's not what I am looking for. That option simply resizes any image that is bigger than 64x64. The ATT and UPG icons are smaller, and when applying the original borders, they get resized automatically. That does not work with custom borders, though.

attachment.php

Attachments

• scale_image_to_bounds.png
    scale_image_to_bounds.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 944
Level 30
chJbPQLuUj.png
w1FFVyZ49P.png
bapJXr1RCD.png
9k2dYnaALR.png
Iuncrv8JbT.png
B3cyU8kXSD.png
YxGJHKZoBE.png

The PAS border should be the throne of the Queen of Hearts from American McGee's "Alice: Madness Returns". Unfortunately, the border was too large, so it cut off >30% of an icon...
tumblr_m6pxjz4Ubw1rvrqhfo2_500.png

Edit:
Update 1: Improved BTN border.
Update 2: Added DISBTN border.
Update 3: Added ATC border (DISATC is not needed, they are the same).
Update 4: Added PAS and DISPAS borders.
Update 5: Remade PAS and DISPAS borders.
Update 6: Added ATT border.
Update 7: Added UPG border.

From left to right:
BTN - DISBTN - ATC - PAS - DISPAS - ATT - UPG

cool borders ^)
-------

My WIP for BTN And it will be the set of icons named "Icons' Prison"

attachment.php

And example )

attachment.php

Hehe I start only today and very fast so quality is very low)

Attachments

• GreaterInvulneralbilityIconPrisonExample.png
    GreaterInvulneralbilityIconPrisonExample.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 398
  • Prison.jpg
    Prison.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 745

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

cool borders ^)
-------

My WIP for BTN And it will be the set of icons named "Icons' Prison"

attachment.php

And example )

attachment.php

Hehe I start only today and very fast so quality is very low)

I see you did your homework :)

Q: the contest ends on 12th of August, at 00:01 AM or 11:59 PM? If you know what I mean.

Also, will all borders be presented in poll, or only BTN ones?
If I may answer the latter question:
Pharaoh_ told me that people can tell the judges which borders of their entry they want to have included in the actual judging. Once each of the taken borders has been judged, the average score will be taken as the final result for the respective entry.

*panics and rushes to draw something*

I think I'll multiply whole icon size to 1024C, draw, and then resize. Wish me luck ^_^
1024c???? You mean 1024x*insertnumberhere*?

That's HUGE. Rather work on something like 200% or 300% bigger, so 128x128 for example. You won't lose too many details then and can clear things up much more easily.

Level 30
I did a circular orb-alike border, with colorful gems in top corners and hands that hold the orb. Diablo II and III inspiration for style :)

Since I was unable to post WIPs, I'll post the complete set of creation images to prove that it's my work. Maybe I'll even do PAS borders ^^

On a side note, the poll can be tricky. People will mostly vote for users who have drawn several borders, rather than one BTN, in my opinion. Any 'solution'?

Level 30
i did a circular orb-alike border, with colorful gems in top corners and hands that hold the orb. Diablo ii and iii inspiration for style :)

since i was unable to post wips, i'll post the complete set of creation images to prove that it's my work. Maybe i'll even do pas borders ^^

on a side note, the poll can be tricky. People will mostly vote for users who have drawn several borders, rather than one btn, in my opinion. Any 'solution'?

gj ^)

I did a circular orb-alike border, with colorful gems in top corners and hands that hold the orb. Diablo II and III inspiration for style :)

Since I was unable to post WIPs, I'll post the complete set of creation images to prove that it's my work. Maybe I'll even do PAS borders ^^

On a side note, the poll can be tricky. People will mostly vote for users who have drawn several borders, rather than one BTN, in my opinion. Any 'solution'?
Solution = no poll at all. Let the judges decide. Polls usually only influence the result with 20-30% anyway, and having polls for every mini-contest would be quite a lot.

Level 30
If I have time for a passive border, I'll make another circular selection, but with six to ten female hands holding each other around.

I'll try to experiment with low opacity white/black motions on the icon field to give the impression of a real orb. Not sure how will it look, but damn, I'll try :)

And a +1 to poll drop for this contest, sounds reasonable. Who are judges?

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
Everything is cleared up and made into one post.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2194053-post32.html
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2194300-post43.html
[URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2193736-post18.html"]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2193736-post18.html
[/URL]

Last edited:
I ask for an extension of ~ 1-2 hours, timezone issues, can't make it home on time to upload to fit the deadline.
Do you have your BTN and DISBTN borders finished?
That would satisfy the contest criteria and you'd have enough time to finish your other additional borders. The only "downside" would be that you couldn't include those in the judgings.

If it's actually that you couldn't upload the finished borders due to time issues, I think 1 or 2 hours of belated uploading should be fine. Do you disagree, Pharaoh_? ;)

Level 14
Here's my final entry:
BTN\DISBTN:
209577-albums5234-picture60547.png
209577-albums5234-picture60551.png
209577-albums5234-picture60553.jpg
209577-albums5234-picture60555.jpg

ATC\DISATC:
209577-albums5234-picture60546.png
209577-albums5234-picture60548.png
209577-albums5234-picture60558.jpg
209577-albums5234-picture60554.jpg

PAS\DISPAS:
209577-albums5234-picture60550.png
209577-albums5234-picture60549.png
209577-albums5234-picture60556.jpg
209577-albums5234-picture60557.jpg

Damn rush, should have thought about it on time :(

So. How my BTN entry looks like, down there, in four base colors. In the spoiler, a big image (WIP) and a resized one to 64c. Tested with BM, they both work, thought I think that the WIP shows better quality, but I'm out of time anyways T_T

186519-albums3700-picture60568.png

186519-albums3700-picture60567.png

186519-albums3700-picture60569.png

awsome work guys :) !!

A very nice idea, Apheraz, though I'd change the angle of the light source. It looks weird when it comes from above. You get more dynamics when it comes from the left or right top.

The DISBTN could be broken glass --> a crack in the orb and overall less saturation.

Also, bottom left black line is moved 1 pixel to the left, so it's not straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.