• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Obsidian Golem

my take on Dota 2 warlock golem

Keywords:
golem, obsidian, black
Contents

Obsidian Golem (Model)

Reviews
19:21, 31st Jan 2014 Kwaliti: A really great golem model.

M

19:21, 31st Jan 2014
Kwaliti:

A really great golem model.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Once again, quite impressive! I'm glad you decided to stick around after the Modelling Contest. Very cool; let me know if you ever get bored of bugs & rocks and wanna try your hand at Trolls. :p

//EDIT// Definitely cool. Where in the world did you get those animations (or *gasp* did you make them yourself? :p) Some TeamColor would definitely be good here; just simple bracers or stripes on the big jutting rocks over his "neck" would work, IMO.

Last edited:
Level 9
This needs a bit more work:spell_breaker:

What are you talking about,the golem is amazing!:infl_thumbs_up:

Ill rep him,he does deserve some :ogre_kawaii:

Why dont you make pandas??:sadpanda:

THIS IS A GOLEM DEAL WITH IT!:nemad:

Guys just rate,and shut up!:wcool:

Oh so the new guy is gonna tell us what to do oh oh!!!:spell_breaker:

Daddy make em rep for the model please:ogre_kawaii:Rep now or me break you!:ogre_frown:

Pandas,pandas,pandaas!:sadpanda:

For god sake shut up!:spell_breaker:

This turned into a war zone!:infl_thumbs_up:

Peace bras!:wcool:

Level 5
The only model that interesting me for a while! But if you make a special model like this, you should put special animation for it! Like use its head to cast Breath of Fire, or some angry volcanic eruption. Putting only generic animation in it was a big waste! And your foot anchor is quite bad, the foot go through ground a lot!

This is the best golem model I've ever seen.

It looks like you're new around here. You're already making great stuff. If this is what you're starting out with, I can only imagine the incredible stuff you'll be making after you've had some practice. It's great to have you here, and I look forward to giving you lots more 5/5's in the future.

For now, here's just one. 5/5.

I know you've already got that 5/5 off of me, but Khil's suggestion about giving it an animation for some sort of fire blast or eruption from its head is great, you should really consider that.

Who knows, if you continue to improve this model you might be that one guy who starts out his hive modelling "career" with a Director's Cut!