• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Powerslave

Pwslv1.png

Story
The kingdom is on the verge of peril. The undead are roaming through the lands. The king doesn't seem to care and hasn't been seen lately. Variuos opportunity seekers are looking to increase their own power and influence. Many have turned to black arts to cope with the harshness of the surrounding world.
The story is still shaping up. I won't reveal much at this point, the story will unfold when progress is made.

Features

• Hero selection
  • Intro cinematic
  • About 4-5 levels of playable map
  • Three heroes
  • 15 custom spells coded with vJASS
  • Scripted boss fight (he will pwn j00 arse!)

Heroes

LichDescription
Lich.jpg
A lich capable of powerful manipulative magic with great offensive power but offers very little in the ways of survival.
  • Bolt Wave
  • Electrical Link
  • Telekinesis
  • Mind Push
  • Iron Maiden

Undead KnightDescription
Knight.jpg
A knight capable of dealing with heightened damage intake. Can deal with single targets and masses with easy.
  • Penetrate Armor
  • Adrenaline
  • Shield Charge
  • Pulverize
  • Hammer of Hades

BattlemageDescription
Bmage.jpg
A fierce mage who relies partly on his melee capabilities.
  • Rampage
  • Earthshaker
  • Soul Steal Aura
  • Demonic Bolt
  • Black Hole

Systems

Armor system
Each point of armor reduces default attack damage by one point. Units have spell resistance, which works in percentages.
Revive system
Units get revived for continuous looting. Creeps won't revive while a hero is nearby.
Attribute system
During each level up, you get attribute points that you can spend freely on strenght, agility and intelligence. In the future, maybe in health and mana also. You can spend attribute- and skill points in a character screen.

WIP shots
CSnew1.jpg

Inventory system
Now comes with full screen inventory.
Item stacking
Yes, for potions.
Drop system
Random loot. Items get a chance of getting a prefix and a suffix. Expect items such as Stunning Amulet of Protection and Leeching Ring of Mana.
Attack Type change system
Your attack type changes automatically when equipping weapons. Your armor type changes when equipping different body armors.
Scripted boss fights
Boss fights are scripted and they have custom spells written in vJASS.
Difficulties
The map supports five different difficulties from walk in a park to very demanding.

Screenshots

Sht1.jpg

Lich and Bolt Wave

Sht2.jpg

Warrior and Shield Charge

Sht3.jpg

Battlemage and Earthshaker

Sht4.jpg

Sht5.jpg

Sht6.jpg

P3_3.jpg

Note that shadows are not rendered in these pics.

P3_im1.jpg

P3_im2.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_091811_120750_01.jpg

Some abilities:
Projectile system:

Change log

-map no longer defeats the player when viewing a cinematic

Credits

IF YOUR NAME IS MISSING, PLEASE CONTACT ME

shamanyouranus:
Antigravitytarget effect

sPy:
Shockwave model

Weep:
Arcane Missile

HappyTauren:
Arcane Knight
BTNOddSword
Dragon Blade

Pyramidehead:
Nether Mage
Chaos Axe 01
Chaos Axe 02
Chaos Club 01

Punisher_x:
Custom ground textures

Kwaliti:
Dark Portal
Force Edge
BTNForceEdge

Crazyrussian:
Command Icons
Various ability icons
BTNCRBluestaf

unwirklich:
Nerubian interface

Born2Modificate:
High-Res Doodad Pack

Alastor:
Scourge Mage

tee.dubs:
Megapod unit model

Dionesiist:
Sharadar Hell Knight

Oniwaga:
Ifrit unit model

General Frank:
Orb models
Potion models
Dwarven Adventurer
Dwarven Axe Thrower
Dwarven Warrior

Grey Archon:
Dwarven Paladin

Ampharos_222:
Nereid (Lich model)
Various skeleton models
Infernal Knight

KelThuzad:
BTNCharge

Palaslayer:
BTNDamagedShield
BTNPD3WizElectrocute

Cloudwolf:
BTNCWMagicAura
BTNCWRedScepter

4eNNightmare:
BTNNetherSwap
BTNGlovesNoGlow

The_Silent:
BTNUnholyAuraV2

Viiva:
BTNNecromancy

Gottfrei:
Sylvan unit model
Conjurer unit model
Reaper unit model

dickxunder:
Unbroken sage unit model

olofmoleman:
Rancor unit model

-Berz-
BTNSymbolofStrenght
BTNSymbolofAgility
BTNSymbolofIntelligence
BTNPolearm

Sellenisko:
Dwarf Archmage

Tranquil:
Dwarven Berserker

Alastor:
Hero Viking

Kuhneghetz & Mr.Goblin:
Barbarian

Misha:
Naga Death Knight

Fingolfin:
Dwrven Doorway

Tr!KzZ:
Item Sword
Item Shield
Long_Sword

UnholyDobry:
BTNRoundShield
BTNRoundShield2
BTNRoundShield3
BTNGlove

Sunchips:
Royal Longsword
Mithril Axe
Bandit Bludgeon
Spiked Mace
Iron Wreckingball
Mithril Mace
Brute Hammer

SkriK:
BTNWeaponUPG2

enjoy:
BTNBloodClaymore

ikillforeyou:
Crusader Sword
BTNHelm1

chilla_killa:
Haunted Sword

Bone Knight:
Khaz Amul
Doomstaff

Red Fuser:
Golden Axe

Red Shift:
Red Dawn

perfjert:
Steel Waraxe

NFWar:
BTNSpikedClub
BTNIceWand
BTNBanditsLeather2
BTNChainArmor
BTNLeatherArmor
BTNPlateArmor
BTNRoyalArmor
BTNBrainCage
BTNDemonsHelmet
BTNDragonHuntersHelmet
BTNSandalZ
BTNSteelBoots

Devine:
BTNmaceOfPowa

The D3ath:
BTNAxe

FrIkY:
BTNPandaWeaponUpg2

Justify:
BTNSimpleAxe

bigapple90:
BTNWeaponAxe4

Deon:
BTNAxeSteel

deolrin:
Blood Elf Magestaff

Thrikodius:
Mindstaff
Staff of Silence

War Golum:
ArcaneStaff
BTNArcaneStaff

Usedwell:
Staff of Ages
Staff of Demonic Entities

LiOneSS:
BTNImprovedMageStaff

Mr.Goblin:
BTNColdWard
BTNRainofFire

peekay:
BTNLionCarapace
BTNSeaHeavyArmor
BTNRoyalHelmet
BTNHolyPlatedGauntlet
BTNNatureGloves
BTNPlateGauntlet
BTNWaterCompositeGloves
BTNSacrifice

Coinblin:
BTNGloves2

Daelin:
Frozen Shell

s4nji:
Blizzard Missile

JetFangInferno:
DemolisherFireMissile

Music:
Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (Boss music)
Jerry Goldsmith - Arthur's Farewell (Openin cinematic)

I will gladly take suggestions. What do you want to see? Do some spells suck, do you have better ones in mind? What kind of systems do you want? How can you help with this project? I'm mainly looking for icons and possibly unit models.

I need a model to replace the shield dude. Weaponless unit with shield slam/shield charge animations would be sweet.

Current status is early alpha.. This means it is not even nearly complete. All systems should be working, like full screen inventory and ability selection system, and the terrain is pretty much done. But there are bugs and not much gameplay.

You can only select one hero for now, and you can only explore about 12% of the map.

Map development thread here.

Map is protected.

Keywords:
single, solo, maker, powerslave, rpg
Contents

Powerslave (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael: Private Message Date: 2012/Feb/18 18:08:58 Reasons: Other: Check out the tutorials section: Tutorials Check out the Map Development Section: Map Development Section Check out the World Editor Help Zone (Trigger issues, object...

M

Vengeancekael: Private Message
Date: 2012/Feb/18 18:08:58

Reasons:

Other:
Check out the tutorials section: Tutorials
Check out the Map Development Section: Map Development Section
Check out the World Editor Help Zone (Trigger issues, object editor, overall WE issues): WE Help Zone

Comment: Approved, this is amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing. (better than Shadows of the Past :DDDDDDDDDDDDD)
If you don't finish this I will kill you. (mostly just cry actually)
Admin Contact - Resource Moderation - Rules

Maybe, but I'm still downloading this ^_^

EDIT:

I was defeated while cinematic still played.
Then again I managed to skip cinematic and everything was cool until I passed that fountain with 2 enemy units.
Checking more...

EDIT 2:

2 mp3 files are compressed to 128 kbps. (9.5 MB)
I converted them to 32kbps (2.5 MB)

Felwood_Grass (1.5 MB) -> Texture converted with 33% quality take only 275 KB
Just check images, quality is almost same, for game like wc3 unnoticeable :)

And that's already 8 MB less :)

EDIT 3:

22.000 lines of code... MOTHER OF GOD.
Well I don't check it, it work flawlessly ^_^

Terrain is interesting, unique and that is really cool.
I like it. But that waterfall, (top left, somewhere in some forest like lake or something), grrr, there is waterfallX model in UTM3, use it please (change color to yellow/green) it will look far more better, also place few more waterfalls next to each other, this way it look ugly.
Castle area use unique tile, because you terrained everything else, well just add some tiles, minimap now look horrible on that part (you can just place rock tile below walls).

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 546
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 401
Last edited:
Level 10
Allright so I played game and here is my review:
From last version wich was uploaded on map development this goes much worse...
This custom font type you imported is hard readable, no hints and I was really messed what to do. In intro cinematic there is one bad part, when unknown says "someone is coming" he starts casting spell on road but we cant see who did he kill or effect of spell (it is out of camera view). Also i had no spells or weapon with black knight, i was just running around. until I found bridge wich was destroyed by guards....

+ Nice enviroment
+ Really decent cinematic with nice effects
+ Lots of custom models and UIs wich makes game more attractíve
+ Good systems, especialy that character customization one
+ Balanced gameplay
+ Laggless gameplay

- No starting hints what to do, how to open inventory, I picked up several items but they didn't appear in inventroy...
- I dind't know what cinematic after I ran around fountain at start means... in background I was able to see castle and some enviroment.
- I have bad feeling from whole 10 minutes game... it was very strange.

Well now I will give you 3/5, it is very different from last versions, maybe I did something bad now but I really enjoyed last version much more, hope is gonna be updated soon.

Last edited:
Level 37
Also i had no spells or weapon with black knight, i was just running around. until I found bridge wich was destroyed by guards....
- No starting hints what to do, how to open inventory, I picked up several items but they didn't appear in inventroy...

There are three hero icons at the top left corner of the screen at the beginning. One of them is for your hero, one is for inventory and one is for the character screen.

So hit F1,F2 and F3 to go to inventory/character screen/your hero.

In character screen you can assign points to str/agi/int and skills. In inventory you must move the picked items to correct item slots to equip them.

Level 10
Yes now I reliazed it, im sorry i haven't seen it before... :D it works greatly, but still i found 2 buggs, first of all, when I killed couple of conjuers there spawned some skeletons, also when I moved with my hero to couple of creeps I got hit 1496 and instant kill... anyway discovered those systems and rating is 4/5 for now :) Great map.

Map itself looks amazing, but without skipping the intro the inventory dummy won't appear!
First time this happened!

Maker to be honest I don't like font, it's nice in general but for game dark as yours, blue item description make it really hard for reading.
I suggest demon like sharp fonts, we can speak in chat about them, maybe we can test some.
Also 2nd font is more suitable for some alien or space like maps.

Another bad thing is FPS (frame per sec), when there is noting on the screen it is around 65 for wc3 map. With baisc wc3 terrain it drop down to 40 - 50 depend on units and animated effects objects etc.
In my map SotP with really high quality terrain it is around 25.
But for your map it really low from 12 to 15. I suggest different camera (spinning camera forced me to 20 sec try to click on item ^_^). Different more close camera at first place will increase this number and reduce lag a lot. Another possible ways are reducing line of sight, replacing animated doodads with static ones and so on...

That spell that should last 8 sec and deal 100 damage, killed enemy units instantly (9999 damage) if I saw that right.

Level 28
I download the first uploaded version of this in the map section and I don't know if this is fixed already, and if it is already fix, i will download it again.

1.)First of all only the knight or it is the paladin(i can't recall the name but to be sure the hero in the middle) is the only playable hero,
2.)That hero cannot attack

And for that I hit Alt F4 after 5minutes or maybe less(includes the cinematic)

Well I think this is already resolve on what I can see on the screenshots

Well just want to let you feel the depression I get after downloading a 55MB! map and did not even play it for 5minutes.

Level 37
2.)That hero cannot attack

There is a sord on the ground after the first cinematic. Pick it up. Then open the inventory by pressing F1, F2 or F3, can't remember which one it is. You need to click the item, then click on the corresponding item slot on the hero to equip the sword. Then you can attack.

Awesome Maker make it that way so when you pick sword your attack will become normal, with staff magic, with club siege... :)

It is like that. Swords = pierce, axes = normal, clubs = blunt, staves = magic :)

Level 28
There is a sord on the ground after the first cinematic. Pick it up. Then open the inventory by pressing F1, F2 or F3, can't remember which one it is. You need to click the item, then click on the corresponding item slot on the hero to equip the sword. Then you can attack.

It is like that. Swords = pierce, axes = normal, clubs = blunt, staves = magic :)

Really there is a sword? so i just miss it well gonna try it again later,

EDIT:

Darn, really there is a F3? and a inventory system? well i don't have one, well actually there is but after I pick a hero it is gone.

Well if this is already updated I'll just download it again. darn its 55mb!

Last edited:
Level 6
Done! Yes, after 2 days download for this!
Yeah!
Very well!
Horeoo..!!!!
-al
-ham
-dul
-lilah

Congratulations on getting this approved, you really deserve it for your hard work, allthough I don't understand why moderator mentioning Shadows of the Past in moderation comment, maybe I just missed somethin o_o :p
Just ignore Kael.

Btw (to all of you out there) Please from now on post comments related only to project itself. I will delete everything else. If you don't have question or suggestion that can help Maker or players then stay away from this thread.

Level 1
:)

downloading and gonna try it. looks promising. But still i dont get this map size problem. it takes me 2 min's to download it so you guys probably shoud just change from dial-up to dsl :D

Level 1
Hi guys, 1st time poster, long time down loader and amateur map editor, lolz!

Okay my 1st discrepancy with this map is that I can only select the Dark Knight, even though I have downloaded the latest version of this map and this problem was supposed to have been addressed according to another member.

My 2nd discrepancy is that there are no pathing blockers...... I could walk wherever I wanted, over mountains along the entire edge of the map with nothing to inhibit me what so ever.

My 3rd discrepancy is the camera... It tends to have a mind of its own. It moves whenever it wants and does not respond to arrow key input, and also at 1 point the camera had somehow managed to go upside down and I was looking at the game environment through the floor (well I could see just the bottoms of the trees and then basically the backing upon which it was done, looked kind of like a cloudy sunset sky) and I had no idea what on Earth was going on as I couldn't see any of the action or character movement.

Had high hopes for this map..... But it falls considerably short of my expectations.

I give this map 2/5 <<<<<< That rating is because of the environment only as it is very picturesque.

Keep making things though Maker, but take a little more time over them

Level 37
Okay my 1st discrepancy with this map is that I can only select the Dark Knight, even though I have downloaded the latest version of this map and this problem was supposed to have been addressed according to another member.

The rest of the heroes will be available when I can squeeze 5-6 abilities more into the map.

My 2nd discrepancy is that there are no pathing blockers...... I could walk wherever I wanted, over mountains along the entire edge of the map with nothing to inhibit me what so ever.

There are tons of pathing blockers, but there might be holes somewhere.

My 3rd discrepancy is the camera... It tends to have a mind of its own...

I'm planning to add options for unlocked camera and locked camera, and also allow camera adustments with arrow keys.

The map is currently pre-alpha, so there will be many many changes and improvements.

Thanks for the comments.

Level 1
Okay 1st off to Jay, I did read the description but after reading other users comments I thought more had been done than what obviously has been.

And to Maker, sorry for the harsh criticism, but as I have just previously said to Jay I thought it was more complete because of other members reviews, so now in retrospect I withdraw my previous rating as I can now see this map is far from complete. I am only an amateur map editor at the moment, wouldn't even think of building a map from scratch (at the moment I edit the basic maps which came with RoC and TFT by fiddling with item fusion) but I have a few ideas which I am unable to realise myself at the moment as I lack the skills required, would be great if a few pros would help me out. I am actually editing someone's version of Warchasers at the moment to learn about custom triggers and the like but it's quite limited. Obviously I would never take credit for anyone's work but I do like to improve upon things if I am able to.

Anyway I cannot wait for a more finalised version of this, it'll be epic!

Also like I said the terrain is amazing, so keep up the good work ^.^

Last edited:
Level 12
Acnoid said:
I did read the description but after reading other users comments I thought more had been done than what obviously has been.
Ohh.. I see. Sorry if my words annoyed you.

To Maker: I think it would be nicer if the custom windows would disappear when the cursor move away from a certain point. Example, the custom window showing "Strength; Increases your Strength" would disappear when I move away from the Strength stats. At first, I thought there's a bug when it seems to be quite long to disappear after I move the cursor away. ><

Last edited:
Level 37
To Maker: I think it would be nicer if the custom windows would disappear when the cursor move away from a certain point.

That is a good idea, and I have though about it.

I previously thought that was not possible, but now that you mentioned it, I started thinking about it. If I create one huge trackable to cover the whole screen before I create the other trackables, it should work.

That would be great.

@Acnoid
No worries, it wasn't harsh at all. I must thank you for taking the time to test the map :)

Level 1
To Jay, no mate didn't you offend me, just had to clarify it was definitely my mistake lolz.

Maker I was happy to test your map, always am so if you need someone to test anything before you post an update I would gladly help. Any ideas on how I should start map making though? Because I would love to be able to make awesome maps. My favourite genre has to be RPG's but I would be willing to start with a basic altered melee map. I have modified Ice Crown and Dustwallow Keys endlessly but they just don't inspire me any more.

I am also stuck on how to get enemy heroes to use custom abilities for example:-
If I raise the maximum level of Cairn to 15 and say I add a custom version of the Attribute Bonus skill for the surplus 5 levels he doesn't use the ability, which then makes him considerably weaker than my heroes. Do I need custom triggers or some form of A.I? Also how do I make an ability which automatically levels up? An example of what I am on about would be:- If I have an inate ability which increases strength by 10 then by 15 then by 20 but want to activate it every 3 levels or so and still keep my point to level up any of the 5 actual skills like Bash or whatever. I've tried looking for tips on that but cannot find any, any advice would be great.

Also the fading out suggested by Jay is an awesome idea. ^.^

Last edited:
Level 10
great map! really well made! :)

bugs i found so far:
-the description for stat points and attribute points are exchanged
-i learned one ability and after some uses it was gone (sorry i cant go more into detail)
-this one ability i learned did about 10k dmg, is this for better testing or is it bugged?

things i would suggest: (but just personal opinion)
-WAY too many items are dropping from mobs. WAY too many :p

overall insanely well made! imba job! keep up the work, i wanna play more than the demo :)

Level 6
this map is strange.
when i was playing i found that fighter(or kind of it) is the only playable character.
i tried to use magic. i've picked black hole and something with lightning(that to the right from telekinesis). after using once, this lightning skill disappeared. attribute system isn't nice too. if you want to add 1 point for to strenth(or anything else), you should click to the left side of the icon. choosing skills. when you use arrow keys there are descriptions for previous spells, not for that icon shows.
i tried to fight. i was killing everybody and couldn't even die. i've found a boss and killed him with no problems. but after it i was instantly(only one hit!) killed by creep i've killed before. funny. btw if you want to get out from the lair of that boss, the camera will be serious problem too
oh, i've forgotten one thing. why are that models looking like that night elf eagle-building(one that produce druids-ravens) always chasing me? they're just models, they cannot move but they appear in different locations and i don't know what do they want from me!!!

Level 14
You have f*cked up some things, Maker. :( Some things were better in the Alpha 003 version. Here they are :
  • The font - it is soooooooooooooooo[...] thin! I can't understand ANYTHING! Normal font would be a LOT better! Besides - this font is now all over the game! In the menu, in other maps... -.-
  • The font color (while in the inventory) - that purple font color is so damn dark + the thin font = one big mess of sh*t. I had to be within like 1 inch of my monitor in order to SEE the text, understanding what was written is a whole other impossible story. Different monitors display different colours. Trust me, i am a web designer (i am still not a proffesional), i know many things about typography and font colors, so you need to be careful with them. They are dangerous!
  • The camera - i can't control it, besides - when i stop at one place, it spins and it is really annoying. Normal camera would have been better. Perhaps you should create a command that makes that thing selectable. :)
  • Bug with the Undead Warrior - the Shield Charge spell (i forgot it's name, so excuse me if i spelled it wrong). When i opened the map for first time, the spell delt 644 damage. But then i died and restarted the map. Then, the spell did nothing. The hero played his animations, but dealt no damage. The special effects were also gone.
  • A unit - there was one big unit that had only model. It didn't attacked, it did nothing. I was even unable to select it. It looked like a huge skeleton.

Please, excuse me if i told a bug that someone already said. I was just lazy to read. I am lazy all the time, this is how nature created me.
Otherwise - the project is very cool! Best thing i have ever played! Keep it going! :)

EDIT : I forgot to mention the map size - you don't really have to give a sh*t. I have downloaded the map for like 15 seconds. People with retarded internet will rage a little bit, but it's OK. There is no need to worry! :) Besides - it's worth to wait 2-3 minutes to download the best thing on the hive (in my opinion)!

Last edited:
Level 2
STILL ONLY THAT KNIGHT CAN BE PICKED... D:

I checked the other versions (002, 003) that Lich and that Battlemage can be picked.......and I hate it...

Level 4
Main problem for me - your font has only english letters. So on my russian game all UI words are simply dissappear. So I think you need to modife interface to castom setting to avoid problems with other game version...