1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Powerslave

Submitted by Maker
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
[​IMG]

Contents

Story
Features
Heroes
Systems
Screenshots
Change log
Credits

Story
The kingdom is on the verge of peril. The undead are roaming through the lands. The king doesn't seem to care and hasn't been seen lately. Variuos opportunity seekers are looking to increase their own power and influence. Many have turned to black arts to cope with the harshness of the surrounding world.

The story is still shaping up. I won't reveal much at this point, the story will unfold when progress is made.

Features

• Hero selection
  • Intro cinematic
  • About 4-5 levels of playable map
  • Three heroes
  • 15 custom spells coded with vJASS
  • Scripted boss fight (he will pwn j00 arse!)

Heroes

Show

Lich Description
[​IMG] A lich capable of powerful manipulative magic with great offensive power but offers very little in the ways of survival.
  • Bolt Wave
  • Electrical Link
  • Telekinesis
  • Mind Push
  • Iron Maiden

Undead Knight Description
[​IMG] A knight capable of dealing with heightened damage intake. Can deal with single targets and masses with easy.
  • Penetrate Armor
  • Adrenaline
  • Shield Charge
  • Pulverize
  • Hammer of Hades

Battlemage Description
[​IMG] A fierce mage who relies partly on his melee capabilities.
  • Rampage
  • Earthshaker
  • Soul Steal Aura
  • Demonic Bolt
  • Black Hole

Systems

Show

Armor system
Each point of armor reduces default attack damage by one point. Units have spell resistance, which works in percentages.

Revive system
Units get revived for continuous looting. Creeps won't revive while a hero is nearby.

Attribute system
During each level up, you get attribute points that you can spend freely on strenght, agility and intelligence. In the future, maybe in health and mana also. You can spend attribute- and skill points in a character screen.

New character screen

WIP shots
[​IMG]

Inventory system
Now comes with full screen inventory.

Item stacking
Yes, for potions.

Drop system
Random loot. Items get a chance of getting a prefix and a suffix. Expect items such as Stunning Amulet of Protection and Leeching Ring of Mana.

Attack Type change system
Your attack type changes automatically when equipping weapons. Your armor type changes when equipping different body armors.

Scripted boss fights
Boss fights are scripted and they have custom spells written in vJASS.

Difficulties
The map supports five different difficulties from walk in a park to very demanding.

Screenshots

Show

[​IMG]
Lich and Bolt Wave

[​IMG]
Warrior and Shield Charge

[​IMG]
Battlemage and Earthshaker

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

New screenshots

Note that shadows are not rendered in these pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Full screen inventory

[​IMG]

Video clips

Some abilities:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW8vFRXL0FQ
Projectile system:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phKhzxjLw_c

Change log

Show

-map no longer defeats the player when viewing a cinematic

Credits

Show

IF YOUR NAME IS MISSING, PLEASE CONTACT ME

shamanyouranus:
Antigravitytarget effect

sPy:
Shockwave model

Weep:
Arcane Missile

HappyTauren:
Arcane Knight
BTNOddSword
Dragon Blade

Pyramidehead:
Nether Mage
Chaos Axe 01
Chaos Axe 02
Chaos Club 01

Punisher_x:
Custom ground textures

Kwaliti:
Dark Portal
Force Edge
BTNForceEdge

Crazyrussian:
Command Icons
Various ability icons
BTNCRBluestaf

unwirklich:
Nerubian interface

Born2Modificate:
High-Res Doodad Pack

Alastor:
Scourge Mage

tee.dubs:
Megapod unit model

Dionesiist:
Sharadar Hell Knight

Oniwaga:
Ifrit unit model

General Frank:
Orb models
Potion models
Dwarven Adventurer
Dwarven Axe Thrower
Dwarven Warrior

Grey Archon:
Dwarven Paladin

Ampharos_222:
Nereid (Lich model)
Various skeleton models
Infernal Knight

KelThuzad:
BTNCharge

Palaslayer:
BTNDamagedShield
BTNPD3WizElectrocute

Cloudwolf:
BTNCWMagicAura
BTNCWRedScepter

4eNNightmare:
BTNNetherSwap
BTNGlovesNoGlow

The_Silent:
BTNUnholyAuraV2

Viiva:
BTNNecromancy

Gottfrei:
Sylvan unit model
Conjurer unit model
Reaper unit model

dickxunder:
Unbroken sage unit model

olofmoleman:
Rancor unit model

-Berz-
BTNSymbolofStrenght
BTNSymbolofAgility
BTNSymbolofIntelligence
BTNPolearm

Sellenisko:
Dwarf Archmage

Tranquil:
Dwarven Berserker

Alastor:
Hero Viking

Kuhneghetz & Mr.Goblin:
Barbarian

Misha:
Naga Death Knight

Fingolfin:
Dwrven Doorway

Tr!KzZ:
Item Sword
Item Shield
Long_Sword

UnholyDobry:
BTNRoundShield
BTNRoundShield2
BTNRoundShield3
BTNGlove

Sunchips:
Royal Longsword
Mithril Axe
Bandit Bludgeon
Spiked Mace
Iron Wreckingball
Mithril Mace
Brute Hammer

SkriK:
BTNWeaponUPG2

enjoy:
BTNBloodClaymore

ikillforeyou:
Crusader Sword
BTNHelm1

chilla_killa:
Haunted Sword

Bone Knight:
Khaz Amul
Doomstaff

Red Fuser:
Golden Axe

Red Shift:
Red Dawn

perfjert:
Steel Waraxe

NFWar:
BTNSpikedClub
BTNIceWand
BTNBanditsLeather2
BTNChainArmor
BTNLeatherArmor
BTNPlateArmor
BTNRoyalArmor
BTNBrainCage
BTNDemonsHelmet
BTNDragonHuntersHelmet
BTNSandalZ
BTNSteelBoots

Devine:
BTNmaceOfPowa

The D3ath:
BTNAxe

FrIkY:
BTNPandaWeaponUpg2

Justify:
BTNSimpleAxe

bigapple90:
BTNWeaponAxe4

Deon:
BTNAxeSteel

deolrin:
Blood Elf Magestaff

Thrikodius:
Mindstaff
Staff of Silence

War Golum:
ArcaneStaff
BTNArcaneStaff

Usedwell:
Staff of Ages
Staff of Demonic Entities

LiOneSS:
BTNImprovedMageStaff

Mr.Goblin:
BTNColdWard
BTNRainofFire

peekay:
BTNLionCarapace
BTNSeaHeavyArmor
BTNRoyalHelmet
BTNHolyPlatedGauntlet
BTNNatureGloves
BTNPlateGauntlet
BTNWaterCompositeGloves
BTNSacrifice

Coinblin:
BTNGloves2

Daelin:
Frozen Shell

s4nji:
Blizzard Missile

JetFangInferno:
DemolisherFireMissile

Music:
Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (Boss music)
Jerry Goldsmith - Arthur's Farewell (Openin cinematic)

I will gladly take suggestions. What do you want to see? Do some spells suck, do you have better ones in mind? What kind of systems do you want? How can you help with this project? I'm mainly looking for icons and possibly unit models.

I need a model to replace the shield dude. Weaponless unit with shield slam/shield charge animations would be sweet.

Current status is early alpha.. This means it is not even nearly complete. All systems should be working, like full screen inventory and ability selection system, and the terrain is pretty much done. But there are bugs and not much gameplay.

You can only select one hero for now, and you can only explore about 12% of the map.

Map development thread here.

Map is protected.

Keywords:
single, solo, maker, powerslave, rpg
Contents

Powerslave (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael: Private Message Date: 2012/Feb/18 18:08:58 Reasons: Other: Check out the tutorials section: Tutorials Check out the Map Development Section: Map Development Section Check out the World Editor Help Zone (Trigger issues, object...
  1. Rector23

Rector23

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ye, uhm, at some point i keep on dying from just 1 hit...how does that happen?

2. Maker

Maker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ^I have to check that out. It is a bug.

3. Mr.Foxy

Mr.Foxy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Done! Yes, after 2 days download for this!
    Yeah!
    Very well!
    Horeoo..!!!!
    -al
    -ham
    -dul
    -lilah

4. Quilnez

Quilnez

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    The first thing I dont like this version is the filesize.. Even the 4MB sized map I must wait for a long time to finish downloading it.! :(
    I have to rate this.. Uhm.. yeah, this map filesize is so huge.. And it's sucks... So I just rate it 5/5 for now..

5. Palooo3

Palooo3

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Congratulations on getting this approved, you really deserve it for your hard work, allthough I don't understand why moderator mentioning Shadows of the Past in moderation comment, maybe I just missed somethin o_o :p

6. gorillabull

gorillabull

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Iron Maiden FTW

7. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Just ignore Kael.

Btw (to all of you out there) Please from now on post comments related only to project itself. I will delete everything else. If you don't have question or suggestion that can help Maker or players then stay away from this thread.

8. MARYNOM

MARYNOM

Resources:
    Resources:
    :)

downloading and gonna try it. looks promising. But still i dont get this map size problem. it takes me 2 min's to download it so you guys probably shoud just change from dial-up to dsl :D

9. btdonald

btdonald

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    So perfect and so huge size map @@

10. Jay the Editor

Jay the Editor

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    This must be great. From the view of the screenshots, it's sure that the terrain is epic enough. Besides, it's a map by a great coder himself :D It's a must to try it ><
    **downloading** (such huge file size @.@)

EDIT: No comment. So far so good :DD It's epic!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  11. Acnoid

Acnoid

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi guys, 1st time poster, long time down loader and amateur map editor, lolz!

Okay my 1st discrepancy with this map is that I can only select the Dark Knight, even though I have downloaded the latest version of this map and this problem was supposed to have been addressed according to another member.

My 2nd discrepancy is that there are no pathing blockers...... I could walk wherever I wanted, over mountains along the entire edge of the map with nothing to inhibit me what so ever.

My 3rd discrepancy is the camera... It tends to have a mind of its own. It moves whenever it wants and does not respond to arrow key input, and also at 1 point the camera had somehow managed to go upside down and I was looking at the game environment through the floor (well I could see just the bottoms of the trees and then basically the backing upon which it was done, looked kind of like a cloudy sunset sky) and I had no idea what on Earth was going on as I couldn't see any of the action or character movement.

Had high hopes for this map..... But it falls considerably short of my expectations.

I give this map 2/5 <<<<<< That rating is because of the environment only as it is very picturesque.

Keep making things though Maker, but take a little more time over them

12. Jay the Editor

Jay the Editor

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Acnoid, this map is only 12% complete. The description for this map did stated that "You can only select one hero for now, and you can only explore about 12% of the map." :)

13. Maker

Maker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The rest of the heroes will be available when I can squeeze 5-6 abilities more into the map.

There are tons of pathing blockers, but there might be holes somewhere.

I'm planning to add options for unlocked camera and locked camera, and also allow camera adustments with arrow keys.

The map is currently pre-alpha, so there will be many many changes and improvements.

Thanks for the comments.

14. Jay the Editor

Jay the Editor

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    That will be the best. The camera just sway too much whenever the hero moves.

15. Acnoid

Acnoid

Resources:
    Resources:
    Okay 1st off to Jay, I did read the description but after reading other users comments I thought more had been done than what obviously has been.

And to Maker, sorry for the harsh criticism, but as I have just previously said to Jay I thought it was more complete because of other members reviews, so now in retrospect I withdraw my previous rating as I can now see this map is far from complete. I am only an amateur map editor at the moment, wouldn't even think of building a map from scratch (at the moment I edit the basic maps which came with RoC and TFT by fiddling with item fusion) but I have a few ideas which I am unable to realise myself at the moment as I lack the skills required, would be great if a few pros would help me out. I am actually editing someone's version of Warchasers at the moment to learn about custom triggers and the like but it's quite limited. Obviously I would never take credit for anyone's work but I do like to improve upon things if I am able to.

Anyway I cannot wait for a more finalised version of this, it'll be epic!

Also like I said the terrain is amazing, so keep up the good work ^.^

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  16. bigbozz

bigbozz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Holly shit. its not a map anymore its a complete own game :S

17. Jay the Editor

Jay the Editor

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Ohh.. I see. Sorry if my words annoyed you.

To Maker: I think it would be nicer if the custom windows would disappear when the cursor move away from a certain point. Example, the custom window showing "Strength; Increases your Strength" would disappear when I move away from the Strength stats. At first, I thought there's a bug when it seems to be quite long to disappear after I move the cursor away. ><

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  18. Maker

Maker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That is a good idea, and I have though about it.

I previously thought that was not possible, but now that you mentioned it, I started thinking about it. If I create one huge trackable to cover the whole screen before I create the other trackables, it should work.

That would be great.

@Acnoid
    No worries, it wasn't harsh at all. I must thank you for taking the time to test the map :)

19. Acnoid

Acnoid

Resources:
    Resources:
    To Jay, no mate didn't you offend me, just had to clarify it was definitely my mistake lolz.

Maker I was happy to test your map, always am so if you need someone to test anything before you post an update I would gladly help. Any ideas on how I should start map making though? Because I would love to be able to make awesome maps. My favourite genre has to be RPG's but I would be willing to start with a basic altered melee map. I have modified Ice Crown and Dustwallow Keys endlessly but they just don't inspire me any more.

I am also stuck on how to get enemy heroes to use custom abilities for example:-
    If I raise the maximum level of Cairn to 15 and say I add a custom version of the Attribute Bonus skill for the surplus 5 levels he doesn't use the ability, which then makes him considerably weaker than my heroes. Do I need custom triggers or some form of A.I? Also how do I make an ability which automatically levels up? An example of what I am on about would be:- If I have an inate ability which increases strength by 10 then by 15 then by 20 but want to activate it every 3 levels or so and still keep my point to level up any of the 5 actual skills like Bash or whatever. I've tried looking for tips on that but cannot find any, any advice would be great.

Also the fading out suggested by Jay is an awesome idea. ^.^

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  20. TD_PRO_2006

TD_PRO_2006

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    great map! really well made! :)

bugs i found so far:
    -the description for stat points and attribute points are exchanged
    -i learned one ability and after some uses it was gone (sorry i cant go more into detail)
    -this one ability i learned did about 10k dmg, is this for better testing or is it bugged?

things i would suggest: (but just personal opinion)
    -WAY too many items are dropping from mobs. WAY too many :p

overall insanely well made! imba job! keep up the work, i wanna play more than the demo :)