• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

20th of May - Everybody Draw Mohammed Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
According to the laws of free speech I am entitled to announce that today is Everybody Muhammed Day.

"If you're young and vote right, you got no heart. If you're older and don't vote right, then you got no brain."

Resistance from the staff and other people is expected, but that merely shows you that you are against freedom of speech and everything else that the free world represents.

I need a new beer.

Level 34
This is rather inappropriate to post it here. I don't think many people will appreciate it, :|

Freedom of speech is fine, but not if it's offensive to one's religion and culture, imo.

If one extremist side is allowed to be offensive and the other can't, then who is the offensive one?

Extremism isn't a reaction to us: we are the reaction of their extremism.

Level 13
Jyllands posten (From Denmark) were stupid to post Muhammed crap. Draw your own God >.<

Level 17
raptorjesus.jpg

Level 17
Freedom of speech never was/is in jeopardy, and people seem to mix muslims and extreme muslims together.

un-islam.jpg

Islam the religion of peace.

Level 35
The thing is, people tend to take offense about all kinds of bullshit. You can't change the mindset of a whole culture and I'm not talking about the Muslims only, but the followers of other religions, political ideas, people of a certain skin color, gender, whatever.

No matter how ignorant it is to respond to a joke with such hostility, it's best not to push it.

Level 34
In my opinion religions are nothing more than (mega)corporations that drive on one shared god: Money.

Period.

But I agree that everything can (and must) be mocked, not only Islam, though Muslims think otherwise. You are weak if you are easily offended.

Level 35
Religion. Money. Capitalism.

Does this ring a bell Zombibibi?

You don't pray to Tesco or ask for guidance regarding a better life.

This is another religion related thread that will go outof hand, i suggest closing it before the trolling and flaming starts.
It's really in a way sad to say, that this thread will turn into such a thread, but IT'S SURE.

report.gif

Level 17
In my opinion religions are nothing more than (mega)corporations that drive on one shared god: Money.

Period.

But I agree that everything can (and must) be mocked, not only Islam, though Muslims think otherwise. You are weak if you are easily offended.

I hope you're being sarcastic about that first part. Unless you're truly religious, you wouldn't understand the feeling it brings, so that's just ignorance on your part but something out of your control nonetheless.

Regardless, I'm all for freedom of speech, but this isn't the way to go about it. Do you honestly think the people that mock Islam on this occasion are doing it for freedom of speech, when their "freedom of speech" is being limited in a myriad of other ways? They're just poking fun childishly to get a reaction. The people that protest to these kinds of things grew up with a different mindset than the rest of you, if you ever go to an Arab country you'd kind of see my point. Being rabidly defensive of your religion has become a sort of cultural phenomenon in youth especially; a result of all the political turmoil in the Middle East. And then, the people they blame start mocking the only thing left that's dear to them, how do you expect them to react?

It won't kill you to compromise your freedom temporarily with a single exception, if only to spare an already desensitized and abused people even more frustration. When we're through the rough patch and the retarded fundamentalist islamic extremist trend dies down, go ahead and draw Mohammad to your heart's content. Would it really kill you to delay your islam-mocking cravings for a little while?

Both sides are as ignorant as the other.

Level 27
People who yell, "Fire!" in a crowded movie theater aren't exercising freedom of speech. They're exercising their right to be a complete asshole and cause pandemonium that has real potential to get someone injured, or worse. Likewise, the movie theater is exercising their right to keep you off their property forever. It is their property, after all. They merely allow you to be there.

The Hive is no different. Sure, anybody can be here. But if you're going to be a complete asshole, we can exercise our right to not have to put up with you.

A private organization may censor you, and that is their right, but they cannot prevent you from saying what you want in a publicly owned place, as that is not their right.

Status
Not open for further replies.