• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2012: The Legendary Fight ~ Work Presentation, Discussion, Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Earth Collision
Triggers
  • EC init
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Hashtable - Create a hashtable
      • Set EC_Hash = (Last created hashtable)
  • EC cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Earth Collision
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Add (Casting unit) to EC_Group
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in EC_Group and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set EC_caster = (Picked unit)
          • Custom script: set udg_handle = GetHandleId(udg_EC_caster)
          • Set Atribute = ((10.00 x (Real((Level of Earth Collision for EC_caster)))) x (Real((Strength of EC_caster (Include bonuses)))))
          • Unit - Add Crow Form to EC_caster
          • Unit - Remove Crow Form from EC_caster
          • Trigger - Run EC Jump <gen> (ignoring conditions)
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Wait 0.01 seconds
          • For each (Integer B) from 1 to 36, do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of EC_caster) at ((Position of EC_caster) offset by (100.00 x (Real((Integer A)))) towards (10.00 x (Real((Integer B)))) degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
              • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Add Dummy (Neutral Hostile 1) to (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Set level of Dummy (Neutral Hostile 1) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Earth Collision for EC_caster)
              • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - War Stomp
              • Destructible - Pick every destructible within 200.00 of (Position of (Last created unit)) and do (Destructible - Kill (Picked destructible))
  • EC Jump
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Pause EC_caster
      • Wait 0.70 seconds
      • Animation - Change EC_caster flying height to 8000.00 at 3000.00
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Animation - Change EC_caster flying height to (Default flying height of EC_caster) at 5000.00
      • Wait 0.20 seconds
      • Unit - Create 1 DummyExplod for (Owner of EC_caster) at (Position of EC_caster) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add EXplod (Neutral Hostile 1) to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set level of EXplod (Neutral Hostile 1) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Earth Collision for EC_caster)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - War Stomp
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 1000.00 of (Position of EC_caster)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of EC_caster)) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Cause EC_caster to damage (Picked unit), dealing Atribute damage of attack type Magic and damage type Normal
            • Else - Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 3, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy2 for (Owner of EC_caster) at ((Position of EC_caster) offset by 150.00 towards ((Facing of EC_caster) + (120.00 x (Real((Integer A))))) degrees) facing (Position of EC_caster)
          • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Unpause EC_caster
      • Hashtable - Clear all child hashtables of child handle in (Last created hashtable)
      • Unit Group - Remove EC_caster from EC_Group
View attachment EC.w3x

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 27
I have to admit, i think we should turn time back a bit.
It seems that there was wide confusion about this whole thing. I mean, i personally had to seek out most of the information about what was going on.
Wouldn't surprise me if people simply had no idea their entries were due. :p

Level 27
Please, elaborate. What do you suggest? I wouldn't ask, but I am kind of disappointed here myself (although I have found the judges).

I suggest that all of the duelists whose opponents have not finished or not posted their entry are allowed to make a choice.
If they wish, they should be allowed to give their opponents a chance to finish their entries and post them.

We all agreed that if we did not finish, our opponent won by default. But seriously...
Personally, if you'd allow it, i'd like for my opponent, Arcisal, to be allowed to finish his entry.
He's a great writer, and i should know as he's among those i do RPing with, and i was looking forward to fighting him.
With your permission i'll go ask him what happened (as since he hasn't replied to any PMs i've sent him since the deadline passed i don't know what's going on) to his entry, and hopefully get an actual contest going.

Level 19
I agree with Dragonson, that if your opponent haven't finished in time, you can choose wether or not he should have another chance (We can't wait forever though)

Oh, and with that said - if any of my opponents who backed out from the contest change their mind, I'm still open for a challenge ^^

Level 27
It'l be the one who would otherwise be the default winner's choice.
How is anything which someone choses themselves unfair towards the chooser?
If i chose to give my opponent a second chance, how in the world and all of the speculatory planes of existance would you mark that as unfair towards me?

Give people a choice. If they wanna' stick to the rules and enforce the contract, that's how it'l be.
If they wish to give their opponents a chance and carry through with the contest, that is how it'l be.

Or, if you don't think this is a good idea, neither of those will be how it will be. :p

Level 25
But seriously... did you see any post in this thread asking for something like that?
I mean, if someone needed more time and if he had asked it here, no one of us would object in giving him more time.

But most of the persons in question failed to produce anything, even a response or a statement that they won't be able to finish and why or a reason they might need more time.

Check your visitor messages.....

Marsal said:
What is/was the legendary fight's dealine? ~.~ And if it's already passed, when will the resources be judged?

Did you need a personal announcement for that? Everyone knew. Sorry, this is not an excuse. I have posted notices, I have sent pm's... If you were a bit more interested in this, you would also check the Challenge Section more frequently.

Level 16
Did you need a personal announcement for that? Everyone knew. Sorry, this is not an excuse. I have posted notices, I have sent pm's... If you were a bit more interested in this, you would also check the Challenge Section more frequently.

Yeah I had to make a personal announcement since you took the effort to answer. I thought we are supposed to post the WIP submissions to the original thread but seeing it's closed I was a bit lost. It's only luck that this thread was bumped when I was about to check Triggers & Scripts.
If I have no interest in this then what do you think why did I participate?.... The first few days serious things came up that I had to do and I forgot about the deadline. When I've dealt with these things, I made my spell. I don't really think why is that a big problem since as I see the rest of the participants didn't finish their submission within the deadline and the judging is not started yet.

Level 37
I was too a bit lost where to upload the entry but I searched a bit and found the correct place. It wasn't that hard... Deadline is deadline. If people get a second chance, I want too because I made my entry with rush in few hours before the deadline. But at least I was in time and I created something.

So, do we go with a strict line or not?

Yeah I had to make a personal announcement since you took the effort to answer. I thought we are supposed to post the WIP submissions to the original thread but seeing it's closed I was a bit lost. It's only luck that this thread was bumped when I was about to check Triggers & Scripts.
If I have no interest in this then what do you think why did I participate?.... The first few days serious things came up that I had to do and I forgot about the deadline. When I've dealt with these things, I made my spell. I don't really think why is that a big problem since as I see the rest of the participants didn't finish their submission within the deadline and the judging is not started yet.

I could go through every letter in that post and prove you wrong, as it outlines an answer with predictable arguments, but I will skip it and pretend that this very thread or myself wasn't informative enough.

As for the rest participants that you are referring to, there is a big difference between "didn't finish" and "didn't want to finish" or "couldn't". Also, before you prepare yourself to battle out your delayed sumbission, you should ask defskull if he finds it acceptable. I had to delete 3 challenges from the original list, with a lot of begging to respond for days -most didn't even respond, leaving me assumptive of their willingness to fight. If you find that fair, just as well then. And please, don't take this as a personal attack, I am just stating facts here.

The most possible problem is the event's starting date. The event started when certain things happened on Hive and it was... a bad choice, obviously. So yes, go ahead, ask your duelists if they want to still compete and report here.

Level 33
Well sorry Marsal, a deadline is a deadline, you cant give excuse to it like you have to deal something in your real life, that is your personal problem so you cant mix this up.
No matter how busy you are, you cant mix between real life and on THW and you should not use the problem as your excuse, it's way too immature.
On my account, you are disquallified for not obeying the deadline, if you have problem, like I said, it's your problem, not THW's.
Deal with it Marsal, you cant turn back time and dont think this as personal, I'm just obeying the contest rule, well you should too.

Level 14
After the time I spent judging, I'm just fine that those who have both final entries stay put :) But, if a duelist truly agrees to allow their opponent to continue the fight (an additional 3 days), then I am not against it. In cases like Defskull vs. Marsal, however, It's quite clear that the rule stays.

~Asomath

Ok, Jazztastic (dropped out) & Marsal (agreed with Dragonson's suggestion and was not accepted by his duelist) are excluded, obviously.
Names that require confirmation:
-Arcisal
-MaTiJa97
-morbent (who wanted to fight, but couldn't) morbent will be gone for 15 days. (Kola didn't respond apparently)
-sonofjay
-KhaosMachine
-Chaosy
-Vladadam

Since Jazztastic has declared you a winner himself, BeTaGod-, so you are.

Is any of the listed people still willing to participate?

@Marsal, I am sorry it turned out that way.

Last edited:
Level 33
So I'm the bad guy now just because I simply followed the applied rules ?
Cool world.

And once again Marsal, you simply can't give excuse, think what you wanna think of me, but rules are rules, sorry about that.

And I just want a fair fight, it is fair since I followed the rules and you did not.
Also, it's quite a waste to throw bad opinions at me, you know you're wrong, you should not give anymore excuse and turn the table, making me look like a guilt person by simply following rules that should be followed in the first place.

You're ruining my reputation dude, seriously :/

Status
Not open for further replies.