• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Event]: 2012 - The Legendary Fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
This contest has several phases, it will be an intense drive through hell to organize the begining that suits MOST users, coordinate new contests to not waste time, make judges more hasty, add more contests in meantime, rush judges again, collect old results, add more... You got the patern. And we still haven't figured out what to do when two users with different choice of themes meet, and they know nothing else to do.

So, please, be patient. There are people who have been working a lot more than you thought - just to make this alive.

Level 18
This contest has several phases, it will be an intense drive through hell to organize the begining that suits MOST users, coordinate new contests to not waste time, make judges more hasty, add more contests in meantime, rush judges again, collect old results, add more... You got the patern. And we still haven't figured out what to do when two users with different choice of themes meet, and they know nothing else to do.

So, please, be patient. There are people who have been working a lot more than you thought - just to make this alive.

Yes this is a big and ambitious contest, so we shall just help to make it happen. People we don't need to push around the few that are organizing this, instead we should try to help them.

Apheraz Lucent, for start what do you think if every contestant also adds all the disciplines or themes in which she or he are willing to compete? That could help out to set groups.

For example, I am willing to compete in: (Map making, triggers GUI "spells", hero creating, and modeling)

Level 30
Yeah, this causes chaos if you go against us. So don't :razz:

It's not a problem when two users find a mutial interest in a theme. The problem starts when you get a pure iconmaker versus pure modeler, for an example.

If you agree, It would be a good thing if we collect a list of your contest fields in order to make things easier, and then use it later to find matches and not pause this any longer.

Since Pharaoh_ is currently inactive due to exams, and I'm away because of health issues, once again, please be patient.

Oh, and sorry about the list and it's outdateness. I'll be on that when I get back.

Anything concerning JASS and vJASS.
I can do GUI though, it's not that I'm not good at it, on the contrary, I'm awesome at it, but I don't like GUI. It's absolutely ... atrocious. Horrendous. FAKKING Ugleh111.!.1ONE

As for Icon making, I'm incredibly
terrible
And for model-making, well, I did open up 3DS Max once. I made a cube. C:
Terraining, pffff.
Short story writing, sure. I'm not a very creative man though.

Level 33
InfinateAnswers said:
Spell maker (Restricted to GUI), short story, concept art. I really don't have the tools to do anything more than that, or the knowledge (or the drive *points at signature*).

I want to challenge someone in GUI spell making. The one I've wanted to challenge is too busy :/ So I'm here free to challenge.

I can challenge against you in GUI spells if you want.

I'm open to challenge, GUI Spell Making.
Further condition about the challenge will be discussed later via PM.

Level 16
Any form of limit to it, meaning should it be MUI?

Yeah, it shall be MUI.

I'm open to challenge, GUI Spell Making.
Further condition about the challenge will be discussed later via PM.

Sent PM.

Another submission. Is the fight started yet or shall we wait?

160036-albums4747-picture56986.png

160036-albums4747-picture56984.png

Challenger:Marsal
Challenged:Defskull
Challenge Type:GUI MUI spell, Curse-theme, no imports.

Proof of acceptance (quote):Done by PM,
Oh really, well let the battle begin! Starting now.

Level 33
No, my question was, if we challenge the challenger earlier like 2 months ago, then the deadline is... 3 months ?
It seems a bit unfair don't you think ?
Not unless they had been given a new theme/conditions about the challenges, then it's a new deadline for them but who is to decide that ?

Level 17
No, my question was, if we challenge the challenger earlier like 2 months ago, then the deadline is... 3 months ?
It seems a bit unfair don't you think ?
Not unless they had been given a new theme/conditions about the challenges, then it's a new deadline for them but who is to decide that ?

The contest has not started yet no one has done anything. Please read the forum before posting.

Level 33
I hope you get what I was trying to say, I should repeat this...

As you might noticed this, there had been a few challenges had been made and they already discuss the theme/condition about the challenges, I know it does not started yet (which mean there is no deadline yet because simply the fight did not started yet) but, both of the challengers already knew what they are supposed to do and they could plan this ahead or simply do the challenge (secretly, who knows internet ?) inside their computers and keep it there. At one point when the event has started, they already finished the challenges (about 3 months ago?) and they would gain the upper-hand, perhaps they have time to fix this and that.

And the only way to counter this is to have a new refresh of challenges on theme/condition on the challenge either made by them or others. This way, they would start anew (even they had done Challenges #1, but since it has been changed, they can't submit the first one because the theme/condition has been changed)

Please read the forum before posting.
Please read my statements carefully before telling me what to do.
Thank you.

Level 30
As said, this is a preordeal to collect the ones who want to participate.
Soon, confirmation messages will be sent to everyone to confirm the statuses of challenges, and the contest will start.
The contest will be divided into several chapters, with a final deadline. You can pick your lifespan of your challenge in any of given days to be completed (until the final deadline), to make everyone who work, go to school or study able to participate. However, you must notice us when you and your partner are both available, we will organize everything else.

Just wait for Phar.

Level 28
@Defskull, let the cheaters be, if you know you follow the contest rules, then you must be proud of yourself(win or lose), and if someone cheated and won, then I wonder what he will feel, anyway this is going good, -Kobas- will finish his exams soon and my exam will start soon, god damn it, if this thing started right on my exams then I'll just let kobas win by default.

Level 16
I hope you get what I was trying to say, I should repeat this...

As you might noticed this, there had been a few challenges had been made and they already discuss the theme/condition about the challenges, I know it does not started yet (which mean there is no deadline yet because simply the fight did not started yet) but, both of the challengers already knew what they are supposed to do and they could plan this ahead or simply do the challenge (secretly, who knows internet ?) inside their computers and keep it there. At one point when the event has started, they already finished the challenges (about 3 months ago?) and they would gain the upper-hand, perhaps they have time to fix this and that.

And the only way to counter this is to have a new refresh of challenges on theme/condition on the challenge either made by them or others. This way, they would start anew (even they had done Challenges #1, but since it has been changed, they can't submit the first one because the theme/condition has been changed)

Thank you.

I'm not so interested in winning a contest that gives no real life benefit that I'm going to cheat and prepare a resource ahead of time for a game that is 10 years old.

Honestly, I couldn't care if my contestant (betagod-) prepared his spell two months ago. I just know that for me, creating a spell will take not even an hour. If he is busy for the next two weeks and away from his work computer, it won't ruffle my feathers that he chose now to get his spell done. On top of that even if he did I couldn't prove it, so I'm just going to assume he has. Stuff comes up irl and maybe he just doesn't have a significant chunk of free time for the next 2-3 months. I don't care, I'm only doing this contest for me. If I get knocked out the first round, props to betagod-, it just shows that I have something to work on.

I'm also pretty sure that on round 2 a new theme will be picked by both contestants.

And there is no need to be so rude to IA, he does have a point. If you'd read the thread you would know the answer to the question.

Level 16
Thank you.

Yes I consider this rude.

And I was sticking to the topic you moved the thread towards. Do you really think someone will take the time to cheat? The only thing they'll win are some reputation points, a valueless symbol on a modding website for a game 10 years old.

Level 14
What is pharaoh and Lucent doing? When is this starting? I'm in a foreign country next month and I want this to start soon. (Or I'll just borrow my cousin's computer there. However, the Internet connection in bad and I don't have all the files from my own computer.)

Level 22
What is pharaoh and Lucent doing?
Pharaoh's in exam and Apheraz is unwell atm.
When is this starting? I'm in a foreign country next month and I want this to start soon. (Or I'll just borrow my cousin's computer there. However, the Internet connection in bad and I don't have all the files from my own computer.)
Get an USB flash drive then.

Status
Not open for further replies.