• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rmx vs Palaslayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
Finished

Rain of Hell

This is my official entry to the spell challenge.

Sorry can't explain the spell due to the LONG tooltip, download it if you like.

Ok ok you made me but a summary of the spell explanation.

Spell Description

Gathers mighty power for hell itself, unleashing dark missiles that fly up into the air, each missile when reaches max height will shatter, random number of shatters are between 2 and 4, when the shatters reach the ground or earth, a lesser Dark Minion will spawn at their targeted location and they will deal in 150 AOE 25/50/75 damage, also the Aoe of the spell is 400 and the missiles of hell will be unleashed 2/4/6 times. NOTE : Dark Minion has the ability of corruption they will reduce target armor by 2, also they will spawn only in the 400 AOE.

PS - This is a very bad description of the spell plz download it and see a better explanation.

Note : The spell is highly custom able and can highly be modified to your Pleasure :) so don't be mad that it only shatters ext.. you can adjuste it as you want, DOCUMENTATION are Included :)

Attachments

• Rain of Hell.w3x
    46.7 KB · Views: 68

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
I am going to vote for RMX in this one, as i liked it slightly more than Palaslayers.
Palaslayer, the movement in your spell is very laggy :S

Wait for Palaslayer Official spell release, before you vote, also i think this is a JUDGED challenge, Paladon is the judge.

Anyway +Rep coz you liked my spell :p lol

Last edited:
Level 24
eh, lol.

first, mine isnt even ready yet. as well every spell bugs when you spam it like every 0.01 seconds of game time because gui has its own speed limits. if i give the spell cooldown like rmx did on his spell it will not bug anyway...

why do the effects need more work?

did you judge on effectiveness and triggering?

i am gonna fix the bug that occurs when casted while another one is still running. dunno why it is interrupted though, it should not be.

Level 24
ok, i added some bug fixes, and a debug mode which will stay as it is probably even longer than the moment when i am able to fix the bug.

I will describe it to you, maybe someone finds out what causes it.

It occurs when one cast is still running and new units spawn or enter the region and you cast it again. when you cast it twice and there are no other units you could cast it on, the units in the air stay uneffected.

if you do not understand what i mean, then feel free to ask.

i reduced the number of special effects used and optimized the trigger. documentation is still missing and the tooltip is of the old ability. (things i will have to change ^^)

i hope you like it and plz, i do not want unqualified comments. if you wanna give me feedback, then read through the triggering and judge the spell as a whole and dont just go like:

HAHAHA LlULZ ur so imba luv ya spell mao lol i am kiddie.

thx.

Attachments

• challengev2.0.w3x
    88.4 KB · Views: 52
Level 12
HAHAHA LlULZ ur so imba luv ya spell mao lol i am kiddie.

;)

No seriously, your spell looks much better than before, though the moving of enemies and throwing of them still looks laggy...

Last edited:
Rating:
Palaslayer:
[+]:
good triggering
MUI (as ever)
leakless
[o]:
no sfx on flying :/
not so much documentation (ok i can't criticize this ^^)
[-]:
nothing found ^^

RMX:
[+]:
MUI
leakless
use the thing with -270 (i don't know the name ^^ and why i can't do this? has allow negative number = true but this is the only thing witch doesen't work)
[o]:
no sfx on spliting :|
[-]:
also nothing found

wow palaslayer has make a good update! (++)

final: palaslayers spell is as good as rmx i think

Last edited:
Level 24
Death Surge

Creates a deadly surge around the caster that sucks all enemy units in, dealing 40/80/120 damage and the spits them out again. Every being is torn apart by dark forces during that process and receives Level of Caster x 8/16/24 damage when hurled out of the hole.

• final entry i suppose
  • sorry for double post
  • fixed all bugs
  • v2.11

Attachments

• DeathSurgev2.11.w3x
    94.9 KB · Views: 56
Level 17
Well no offense Palaslayer, but the spell is just not that much of a spell...

First, lack interesting eyecandy.
Second, compared to Rmx's, idea isn't that creative
Third, you should've increased the distance between the effects of the spiral as you get closer to the center + the effects used for the spiral are no good...
Fourth, you could've used some minor and smooth terrain deformation

Fifth, I don't know, just let the spell do something more (yet keeping it balanced)

I'm not saying it's a bad spell, but compared to Rmx's... well... yeah it is :s

Level 24
the thing is, that my spells are always more a template than a real spell, because spells have the ability to be totally imbalanced which makes them hard to use in a map or have just too much.

what i mean is, that i want the spell to remain decent, playable and not a spam of special effects, additional effects and so on.

else, since we use no imports, tell me what effects you would use.
i do not need criticism if there is no idea how to make it better.
can you follow me?

Status
Not open for further replies.