• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Roflcopter vs f0rsAk3n vs calex3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
double freeing is basically when you RemoveLocation without even creating one... that applies to everything else too: Groups, Forces, etc...

Don't tell them, look at my reviews, i didn't tell them now, they are challenging and you should not have told them their mistake :p, if you told them it will be up to creativity and all get 10/10 on coding :p

Level 30
General Information
This challenge is judged by Paladon.
The judging is based on the fact of judging a GUI challenge.
The efficiency related judging aspect is based on a scale for GUI coded comparisons.
This judging doesn't take further Jass compared efficiency except the necessary "leak" cleaning into account (for the reason stated above).

Judged are the aspects Coding, General Appearance, Creativity and Theme.
  • Coding (10) includes efficiency, structure and consistence.
  • General Appearance (10) includes optical and visual effects, tooltip, user-friendly appearance and the effect of the spell.
  • Creativity (5) judges the originality brought into the spell as well as the uniqueness.
  • Theme(5) compares the General Appearance with the given challenge theme.
f0rsAk3n

Coding: 5/10
The CJ_Off variable is quite useless, check whether the CJ_Caster variable is known instead. This way, you save one indexed variable per cast.

"Set CJ_Angle2[CJ] = (CJ_Angle2[CJ] + 72.00)" is quite a problem since 72.00 is a static real.
It is based on the given CJ_Angle2 number of 5, which is defined in the settings. But it should be based on the variable itself, otherwise it affects the symmetry of the effect if we choose another angle value.

"Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Pandaren Brewmaster - 'Breath of Fire' (CJ_Point[4] offset by 250.00 towards CJ_Angle2[CJ] degrees)"
and
"Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - 'Shockwave' (CJ_Point[4] offset by 250.00 towards CJ_Angle3[CJ] degrees)"
both leak locations.
That gives 10 location leaks per cast using your default settings.

General Appearance: 5/10
The visual effects choosen are partially messy, especially the terrain deformation is neither smooth nor matching the other effects. The jump is okay.

Creativity: 3/5
Jumps and "novas" are both, in combination as well, nothing new, still a bit surprising.

Theme: 2/5
Would match an air/earth theme but not really a fire one.

Total: 15/30
Roflcoptor

Coding: 7/10
Please delete your unused triggers next time, we usually do need "wips" of spells. I won't count it in this time, it just gives a chaotic appearance.

You don't really need the FW_DummyClean trigger.

The recycling system can be even more effective, still, you're using one which is generally good.

Overall, it appears partially a bit messy due to the fact that you combined two systems in one trigger which is generally good, but still creates an overflow if used with such kind of recycler.

The integer index overflow is also avoidable, but more like a taste thing.
Another taste-like thing, i'm pretty sure that it is impossible to attach two effects to a single attachment point of a unit once. Use chest and overhead or origin instead.

Generally the triggering is okay, still having these flaws.

General Appearance: 5/10
The optical appearance is quite a chaos to name a fact.
The spell's intro is a very nice usage of the fireballs.
But suddenly it turns into an overeffected mess (->lag).

The tooltip misses information about detailed spell effects. It simply describes the visible effect, there'sno note about damage etc.

The five fireballs are a good idea, still, their speed should be the constant, not the time used to reach the target.

Creativity: 4/5
Quite creative, still nothing shocking new.

Theme: 5/5
Fireballs are..okay. But i'm missing fire related (non visible) effects (ignition etc).
But since those are not particulary needed, i still rate 5.

Total: 21/30
calex3

Coding: 8/10
"Set FS_T_Point[FS_Index[2]] = (Target point of ability being cast)"
The index here is useless since you destroy the location instantly again.
The same applies for all your location variables.
In general, the location variable should not have been indexed.

Next to that, there's nothing greater complain next to a possible forumla usage of the effect movement.

General Appearance: 8/10
The general effect was not overused and presented a very nice optical appearance.
Still, the fire effect of the knockback was overused (50 effects per second per unit).

Creativity: 5/5
Quite creative.

Theme: 5/5
Quite fiery. But i'm missing fire related (non visible) effects (ignition etc).
But since those are not particulary needed, i still rate 5.

Total: 26/30
Congratulations.

Level 25
What the, i can take screenshot on msn when he said it. I am only forwarding what he told me to say... Cant believe i am helping out a friend and gets flamed on for it.
----------------------------------------
Edit:Screenshot 1 is a screenie of when he said to me. Screenshot 2 is proof of that Skeleton account is his, he wanted me to say that too.

Attachments

• Screenshot1(1).JPG
    Screenshot1(1).JPG
    576.1 KB · Views: 56
  • screenshot2.JPG
    screenshot2.JPG
    269.4 KB · Views: 54
Status
Not open for further replies.