• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

-BerZeKeR- vs calex3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was too tired yesterday to make a "WIP" so I did it today :)

And you people are evil xD

FWWIP.gif

SpellShow.gif

icons_10172_btn.jpg

Frost Wrath

Frost Maiden blasts the area with a wave of frost that deals damage to every enemy unit in a range of effect.
Frost explosion slightly knockbacks units effected by nova.
Cold damage slows unit's attack and movement rate for a short amount of time.

Level 1 - Deals 130 damage in Area of effect 180, knockabacks units and slows their attack and movement rate for 2 seconds.
Level 2 - Deals 170 damage in Area of effect 220, knockabacks units and slows their attack and movement rate for 3 seconds.
Level 3 - Deals 210 damage in Area of effect 260, knockabacks units and slows their attack and movement rate for 4 seconds.

Attachments

• Frost Wrath v1.1.w3x
    64.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Level 31
testing...

a lil review, can be usefull to fix little things some times :

+yeah, the special effect is rly good, not too much things going on at the same time, but just enough.

+not a spell that is doing too much things witch would make it useless for wc3 maps.

+good balancing between special effects and waht the spell is doing.

+knockback is perfectly done with the special effect. it doesnt push units too soon neither too late.

-im not sure but first cast is lagging. gotta retest to be sure.
ok, tested 2 times and yeah it lags at the first cast

-a bit similar to frost nova

Gj.

didnt check the triggers.

Level 31
ok, i didnt know what to do, so i did this and i know that u cant use it (in fact, i dont even know if u will like it :p too) cuz u alerady have 2 imported things in ur map. but it gave me some thing to do for like 15 mins :p
21db524697daa834b4aa04607b9ca8f9_22233.jpg

quality was better before upload. idk if i need ur permission to post it on hive but well, if u like it, i'll do. i dont want to post it now cuz its not the best icon too.

EDIT: oh and its supposed to reprensent the spell of calex

Level 35
EDIT: Oh and its supposed to represent the spell of Calex

That was important to write.. at first I thought you intended it for BerZ and it had be rather confused.

Did you create it from a ingame shot of his spell and then added some stuff / edited it?

My main complain about it is the its not centered.. and somehow miss the flash effect which Calex spell have.

Level 35
No I drew it. Hmm, I didn't center it because I wanted it to be like if it was in air.

And was is the flash effect? Tried to make it close to the real spell, but well I just tested it one time :p

Ahh, okay thought you meant to look at it from above.. and the flash effect was more meant like there weren't much of an "explosion feel" to it.

How goes the surprise BerZ?

Level 17
Very nice spell BerZ .....It laggs on first cast....why don't you make preload of special effects like creating dumy somewhere on map and order him to cast this spell ?? :p
It looks cool now i think I'll lose....

ok, i didnt know what to do, so i did this and i know that u cant use it (in fact, i dont even know if u will like it :p too) cuz u alerady have 2 imported things in ur map. but it gave me some thing to do for like 15 mins :p
21db524697daa834b4aa04607b9ca8f9_22233.jpg

quality was better before upload. idk if i need ur permission to post it on hive but well, if u like it, i'll do. i dont want to post it now cuz its not the best icon too.

EDIT: oh and its supposed to reprensent the spell of calex

I think it doesn't fit for my spell hmmmm and I allready have 2 imports ....maximum reached..

General Information
This challenge is judged by Paladon.
The judging is based on the fact of judging a GUI challenge.
The efficiency related judging aspect is based on a scale for GUI coded comparisons.
This judging doesn't take further Jass compared efficiency except the necessary "leak" cleaning into account (for the reason stated above).

Judged are the aspects Coding, General Appearance, Creativity and Theme.
  • Coding (10) includes efficiency, structure and consistence.
  • General Appearance (10) includes optical and visual effects, tooltip, user-friendly appearance and the effect of the spell.
  • Creativity (5) judges the originality brought into the spell as well as the uniqueness.
  • Theme(5) compares the General Appearance with the given challenge theme.
-BerZeKeR-

Coding: 8/10
Generally fine triggering, quite and easily customizeable. Sadly, there's not much of a really advanced code visible except the knockback maybe. Everything else appears pretty basic. You've choosen to access unit instances using a group which is okay. One minor issue (still worth to be mentioned) is your "random real" when it comes to the special effects for the knockback - the effect is in fact randomed, i'd rather prefer a constant interval.

General Appearance: 5/10
Well, the spell pretty much consists out of an explosion. There are some novas stacked on each other at the very beginning, furthermore you've used a knockback which is just hardly compatible with "winter" or "frost". The tooltip was partially a bit messed up.

Creativity: 2/5
Actually not the most creative piece (honestly, an explosion??).

Theme: 4/5
Overall matching. Mentioned aspects, just as the knockback, should still be noticed.

Total: 19/30
calex3

Coding: 8/10
You've used the general indexing method, in contrast to your opponent, to access each instance which is a fine way as well.
Generally the triggering is alright and without further flaws worth being mentioned except your lack of a possibility to remove newly added events triggered by possibly dead units later on. Your spell is hard to customize for beginners, but that's no aspect to judge harsh about in a challenge.

General Appearance: 9/10
The optical appearance is quite appealing and looks creative. The spell is actually giving the feeling of an advanced technique. The further effect is alright.

Creativity: 4/5
Quite creative execution, although the classical "frost explosion" is rather old.

Theme: 4/5
Matches the theme in general, although it may match a windy/rocky theme even better (consider other effects).

Total: 25/30
Congratulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.