• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ciebron vs. Flame_Phoenix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
The Hive Workshop
Challenge Request

Instructions
1. Copy this form in its entirety.
2. Create a new thead in THW's Admin Contact or Challenge Submission forum. Title: Challenge Request.
3.Complete the information in each <field> below the underlined categories.
4. Do not alter the document in any other way.
5. Improperly completed requests may be rejected.
Challenge Arena Rules:
  • No memory leaks are allowed in triggers or scripts.
  • Challenge results must be bug-free.
  • Copy and paste techniques are not permitted.
  • No exports from other games are acceptable.
Challenge Theme:
Triggering

Challenger:
Ciebron

Opponent(s):
Flame_Phoenix

Start Date:
15 may

Challenge Duration:
7days (22 may)

Proposed Reputation Award:
(Maximum 20) hmm 20 then :>

Challenge judging:
Poll

Other challenge conditions:
Details:Theme: Lightning (visiual theme),any system that allows timers and strucs, but no advanced , 3 levels minimum, no bugs, leaks, and MUI

Last edited:
HI, I am sorry i could not submit (nor finish it) my spell last night.
Truth is that my region suffered from a power fail (so my whole village was with no electricity for the whole night) thus preventing me to advance.
Although it is sad i can not proof what i am saying (well, you guys could check EDP, the company that provides power) I understand the consequences of not submitting my spell according to the date (this means I take responsibility if Ciebron wins automatically).
Still, I will end my spell, and place it here.

Sorry for that, i was not expecting such thing.
PS (can you believe i spent most of the night with oil candles ?! LOL those were used like 30 years ago !)

I assure, you are not as mas as I am.
But I promise I will deliver a spell.
Although i won't have time to fully finish my spell, I will post something as soon as I end a section of it.
Btw i saw your spell. It is a classic, and i like it. I may even use it on my map.
Anyway, I think it is unfair to see your map, so I will tell you the whole idea of my spell:

The lightning mage creates a lightning storm around him making Y thunders fall every X seconds. A thunder hits all enemy units in a 200 AOE. If more than 6 units are affected, they all receive a lightning shield. (done)
While channeling the storm, allied units nearby also gain different bonuses:
- If the unit is a melee attacker (non-hero, non-mechanical) it has a Z change of purging an unit when attacking(done)
- If the unit is a ranged attacker (non-hero, non-mechanical) it has a Z change of casting chain lightning which will affect W units.(done)
- If the unit is a hero attacker ( non-mechanical) it has a Z change of purging and damaging all enemy units in a line (on progress)
- If the unit is a mechanical attacker (non-hero, non-structure) it has a Z change of casting an electric grenade which will be split upon impact and damage all enemy units in a 200 AOE. (not started yet)

Oh, and btw, did I mention that X, Y, Z and W all depend on the level ? =P

EDIT
Here is the spell.
Although it is not finished yet, I still want to participate vs Ciebron. I promised him a chalenge and so he shall have one.
However, be warn, the spell does not work quite well because of a unknown bug from WE or vJASS (don't know yet), wish i didn't have time to fix.

This version does not select mechanical units yet.
Also, you may wonder - why use auras and spellbooks, instead of a simple buff from slow ?
Well, the answer is simple - in many maps (like mine) people can not afford to have buffs, because all buffs from all spells were already used. So using auras is the natural solution, while they all stack, they can serve as a buff quite well.

Anyway, this spell gave me a lot of trouble. I will still try to find out the damn bug, but suggestions are appreciated.

Attachments

• Lightning Theme Flame_Phoenix.w3x
    43.4 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Level 40
Isn't that your job poot?
From my knowledge, the contestants have always started the polls. I just followed suit (Looking at the Challenge Archive, my suspicions are confirmed).

Also, I often find myself running out of time to get to everything as it is, so I generally don't take on more than I need to unless it's a light day (And people were screaming for SS13 at the time! :p).

Anyways, ~Archived.

Status
Not open for further replies.