• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2- Winds of the Storm

The Saga of Azeroth PART 2 - Winds of the Storm (unfinished)
Known as "The Fall of Azeroth" in the Original Campaigns Credits Teaser

This campaign was created by Deicide
Special thanks to Anaxie for uploading it for Deicide on his behalf.

Sequel to the campaign made back in 2003
The Saga of Azeroth - Coming of the Horde

The Campaign is unfinished and will never likely be finished but I think a large amount of people would like to play the unfinished Part 2 of one of the greatest custom Campaigns of Warcraft 3

~ Inside the editor you will find all the loading screens for the levels that were never created
~ You will find the names of all the missions that could of been
~ Items Carry over from the first Campaign

And you will find 4 fully playable missions and 2 interludes that primarily focus on the Humans of Stormwind.

Included also is the Unfinished Map 7 FoA7 for Fall of Azeroth
DeicideUH said:
A few words on Part 2:

There are four playable missions. The available maps were all tested, but some bugs and typos may remain.

Some of the maps are very hard.

The campaign is the opposite of the first one: focus on humans, and would have a few orc levels. I was only able to work on human maps (the first unfinished one would be the start of the orc part).

In the third mission, I used a certain group of renegade humans that shouldn't exist during this period. In the final version, I would have changed the name of the group to avoid confusion.

The second and fourth missions were my favorite maps. I'm really proud of them, full of story, and with twists (both seem to end... only for you to find out that no, they didn't end. There's more to be done!)

There's a few secret triggers in these maps that would matter later in the campaign. In essence, your actions in a map would change things near the end of the campaign. For instance, doing the optional quest in the first mission would give you an extra hero and troops in the end map. There's also a hidden item that you collect in mission 2 that turns into a powerful item in later missions.

Also included in my drive folder are test maps that I was working for at the time. Man, it's been 15 years. Time flies...

Resource Credtis:
Previews
Contents

07- Black Winds Blowing (Map)

2- Winds of the Storm (Campaign)

Reviews
Championfighter25
It's so great to see, even after 15 years the second part uploaded, even if unfinished. Anyway to my review: Prologue - Found no issues. Chapter 1 - Zion's abiities are useful, but i would've liked to see some custom spells - After defeating all...
deepstrasz
Too bad it wasn't finished :( Please write a credits list in the map description. Awaiting Update. If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange! R U L E S Site Rules Map Submission Rules U P L O A D I N G...
deepstrasz
Approved. Maybe @DeicideUH could provide a credits list with the resources used.
tulee
Just finished this. I have to admit I enjoyed it more than i thought I would. The first playable level was a particularly nice intro mission. I even got used to the sound that would ping every-time a character talked. Glad to see what was meant to be...
deepstrasz
Set to Awaiting Update based on @tulee's comments. Changes made, Approved.
Level 2
Thanks for posting this campaing mate, keep it up! Hope u will finish the saga of azeroth at one point in time, keep it up, love ur campaigns!

Level 3
So are characters like Malachel non-canon? I saw you used treants as well, so was there going to be a possible tie-in with the night elves?

Level 3
I encountered an error saying that Mission 5 was corrupted or unable to play. Anybody else have that problem? How did you fix it?

Level 9
I'm not gonna lie i was pretty disappointed with this one.

Its like it was made to be played with cheats on. The power imbalances was ridiculous but not only that. Even with cheats on this was just insane.

There is like 1 base building mission and its done pretty poorly. Usually a lot of maps. Can be improved via slight polish. But this needs to be worked from the ground up.

2/5

Last edited:
Level 1
I really enjoyed playing through this campaign, it was awesome ! But there are definitely a couple of issues which others have already mentioned. Here is what I think of it (spoilers):

1. it's just... kinda easy ! the heroes you control are OP (or more like the summons are just too spammable), plus you get waaay too many consumables and runes

2. the custom soundtracks and models are really nice, the terrain design is neat and really cool in chapter 4

3. most of the quests are well done but 3 of them feel kinda off: the jewel one in the first chapter (bandits usually do a lot more than just rob people ahem.. plus they don't steal from just one individual, they usually ransack the entire town/village), the giants one in the second chapter (it was fun fighting them but it was weird seeing such "mythical creatures") and the fountains one in the third chapter (Uther has Healing Wave, Clerics have Heal, I didn't use the fountains of health at all)

4. heroes' abilities don't make sense

5. I destroyed everything on the maps, including the towers in the second chapter.. Aggravatus is the hardest boss compared to every other one, you just kinda have to move your heroes a lot during the fight.. I think I lost only 2 buildings in chapter three, it would have been more challenging if the elementals had spells or maybe better stats (they were just creeps really and were no match for guard towers)

6. Aegwynn and Medivh shout at each other and cast spells around as if it's a comic book fight :grin:

7. as in the first campaign, there are lore discrepancies.. like why is there present the Defias Brotherhood ? they get formed only after the Second War and would imply Varian being king of Stormwind and not Llane; also why is Khadgar old and Medivh still alive ? Khadgar gets old during Medivh's last fight against his apprentice and Anduin Lothar - the fight ends with Medivh dying... and you did have lore sources at that time to confirm it: The Last Guardian was published in 2002.. I know your campaigns do not represent a copy of the canon, but still, these lore details are kinda off :grin:

8. maybe there should have been forest trolls instead of jungle ones in chapter 3

9. my favourite chapters are 2 and 4

I'll stop nitpicking so much cause then the list is gonna get longer =))

I feel bad for the dwarves at the end.. they have no idea what's coming to them in Khaz Modan....

Overall, the campaign is great ! I played on 1.26, I didn't use any cheats. Yes, in terms of gameplay, some sections can be imbalanced but not impossible. I don't really understand people saying that it's really hard, I think you just need more patience (and more saves..). I recommend giving it a try :infl_thumbs_up: I feel like it might be harder for those who aren't very well accustomed with wc3 basics etc but then again the heroes are very powerful. I could have highlighted some bothersome aspects from the first campaign as well in the comment for that one but I felt like it was Deicide's first try with this lore setting (The First War) so he needed more experience I guess. I thought this second campaign might be a bit improved in some areas but it isn't. It also didn't feel like much of a challenge, it felt more like a grind, especially during chapter 2.. I'm not saying that it's necessarily bad because I personally enjoyed all the chapters... wish there were more than 4 chapters :sad:

Thanks for the experience ! It's a 4/5 for me, good luck with anything you're doing right now in life :pgrin:

Level 13
The Coming of the Horde and Winds of the Storm I can't imagine how inspired the creators of these campaigns must have been to create such dialogues between the characters and such a synchronicity between dialogues and music; between action and music for each level. I can't stop enjoying it and they surprise me with an even better one at every next level and again and again.

These games may have some flaws, but I've been too enthralled to pay much attention. And after they run smoothly on 1.27..... Amazing campaigns. They literally blew my hat off. Thank you very much.

7719-100Satisf-80-73.png
7719-VHQ-80 - 73.png

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Hello, I'm currently in Chapter 2. In Chapter 1 I dislike that so many mana potions etc. drop.
I didn't even need the knight at all. He died in vain. The difficulty is not well done IMO.
I really like the music though. Is this from warcraft 1-2?
I keep this post updated..

Too many summon units makes it too easy. Starfall has the same hotkey as Force of Nature
which is annoying. Too much heal potions drop. Also too much use of the same creatures.
I like that the map is so big and the story is also not bad but where is the challenge?
No one is a match for my summons.

I'm done honestly.

I'm not gonna lie i was pretty disappointed with this one.

Its like it was made to be played with cheats on. The power imbalances was ridiculous but not only that. Even with cheats on this was just insane.

There is like 1 base building mission and its done pretty poorly. Usually a lot of maps. Can be improved via slight polish. But this needs to be worked from the ground up.

2/5
You guys should reevaluate the rating, methinks. Whether you find it too difficult, too easy or not too much melee oriented is not necessarily feedback but rather taste.

Level 5
In the fifth chapter it does not work at all and gives an error. When I try to run this company in Russian or English, it doesn't work at all. It seems to me that there are a lot of bugs there, but I have version 1.26a, 1.31 and the last one is Refogard
What version is this company built?