• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

2 spells of same type

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Is it possible to do 2 abilities of same type to 1 hero ?? i want to do Battle Roar as normal spell and as ULTI but when i cast one of them the second one Roar is beign cast too (randomly).
Battle roar as spell increasing armor and damage of all units in range and second one (ulti) works only on me and increase damage.

Level 30
You can't use two spells of the same type per unit, if they use same order ID, such as Carrion Swarm, Thunder Clap, etc...

Still, you can recreate one of them from any other similar spells with no effects, and just use dummy units that will actually cast Roar or whatever you need. Don't forget to clear the leaks.

Level 22
the only spell that can stack is Channel by the virtue of its option to change its BaseOrderId... sadly other spells dont have this... If you want two battle roars, you can make one by the default and make another one using Channel and a dummy caster or do them both using Channel and dummy caster...

Why use Channel exactly? I still don't get that spell. Why not use any other spell with no target; like Warstomp?

I've never used Channel, in any of my maps.

Why use Channel exactly? I still don't get that spell. Why not use any other spell with no target; like Warstomp?

I've never used Channel, in any of my maps.

because you can put multiple Channel-based spells on one unit... and warstomp will cause a small shockwave-like ubersplat at the AOE even if you remove the special effects...

And also Channel was specially made to be used as a dummy for triggered abilities, that's why it has so many options...

Level 29
Is it possible to do 2 abilities of same type to 1 hero ?? i want to do Battle Roar as normal spell and as ULTI but when i cast one of them the second one Roar is beign cast too (randomly).
Battle roar as spell increasing armor and damage of all units in range and second one (ulti) works only on me and increase damage.

Me and you have the same problem, I tried 2 Roar, if i activate one, the other one is activated and vice-versa, i would like to know also how to do this correctly...subscribing...

Status
Not open for further replies.