• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Castle casts all three spells at once?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
i have 3 different spells i need my castle to cast, all custom abilities modified from roar. i basically stripped down roar's effects to make it a dummy spell and a trigger handles what i want to happen.

the only problem is, and i guess this is because they are all copied from the same root spell, when i click one, somehow all 3 spells are cast at once. all trigger their effects and all take the cooldown.

how can i make it so that the three spells work independently of each other? do i have to use three different root spells and strip them down the same way i did with roar? also, is there a better spell to use for an instant cast dummy spell that has no target?

Level 10
Use three different root spells, any that doesn't have a target to cast works. Beserk and Divine Shield in addition to Roar should do the trick. I'm not sure why, but I've found that if Divine Shield lasts for 0 seconds the buff doesn't go away, so make it last 0.01 seconds. Hope that helps.

Level 2
thanks, ill try that. maybe ill use war stomp instead of divine shield if that's the case

Level 2
well id be copying the warstomp and making it into a new spell, which will be made into a dummy spell. it shouldnt become a problem unless for some reason i want my castle to use warstomp at some point xD

Status
Not open for further replies.