• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with doing a dummy spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Hello guys, (again).

This time my problem is the following, I need a dummy spell that is going to be used for over 50 different triggers, ye sound suck but listen. I need to find a spell like when you cast it you just click on it, no targeting or so, just click it like the spell War Stomp or Animate Dead. However, I want to use the same spell for all of these triggers, (each trigger will be the craft trigger for an item) so I tried using the spell Roar for this. I removed all art, set the damage buff and all those to like 1% extra, and changed the duration to less than one second, cooldown to 0 seconds. This worker just brilliant, but when I added a second edited Roar spell the following problem occurred: "When I cast either one of the two edited Roar spells, both were triggered". So what I need is your help to with using the same base spell, being able to use it many times but not triggering them all when casting one of them.

Thanks.

Level 17
There is a spell called "Channel". (no, not a channeling ability like life drain of something, its name is "Channel")
You can copy paste this ability as many times you want and they are going to work individually as long as you:
1.) Change the "Data - Base OrderID" field
2.) Check the "Visible" checkbox in the "Data - Options" field (*note: you don't need to do this on a dummy unit)

You also have to change the "Data - Follow Through time" field. It is the casting time actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.