• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dummy spell problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello. I made a spell which is tied to 2 triggers, but sadly none of them work.
When you cast the spell (roar, doesn't do anything) a dummy is supposed to cast Silence at the position of the casting unit, but nothing happens.

Then, this activates a trigger; every unit attacked by the casting unit, a dummy casts Forked Lightning on the attacked unit. Nothing happens either.

If you know solution for these spells, then note that I would prefer to not use variables, since they are confusing to me.

Here are screenshots of the 2 triggers

wc trigger #5.png

wc trigger #4.png

(the dummy spells cost no mana, and the casting unit is red, so i just automatically create dummy for red for less lag)

thanks to anyone who can help me with these. Also +rep

Level 17
Hello. I made a spell which is tied to 2 triggers, but sadly none of them work.
When you cast the spell (roar, doesn't do anything) a dummy is supposed to cast Silence at the position of the casting unit, but nothing happens.

Then, this activates a trigger; every unit attacked by the casting unit, a dummy casts Forked Lightning on the attacked unit. Nothing happens either.

If you know solution for these spells, then note that I would prefer to not use variables, since they are confusing to me.

Here are screenshots of the 2 triggers

View attachment 109113

View attachment 109112

(the dummy spells cost no mana, and the casting unit is red, so i just automatically create dummy for red for less lag)

thanks to anyone who can help me with these. Also +rep

idk if for forked lightning enough that 0.3sec time but no ideea about why dont use 1 single trigger?

u do atm:
if sylvanis cast a ability then silence target and 1x cast on him a forked lightning...
easier if u cast forked lightning in same trigger since atm too u cast only 1x on ability target

if u want do like a chain lightnning buff to sylvanis then better if u use a boolean variable and when he cast that ability then boolean is true when buff over then boolean over and chain lightning activated only if boolean is true.

in that map 1 hero/player or more hero/player?
if 1 hero player then player number of owner of your unit else use custom value and remove the leaks

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Animate Dead
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Triggering player) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add Silence (Neutral Hostile) to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Dark Ranger - Silence (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
      • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Set Boolean[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = True
      • Wait 30.00 seconds
      • Set Boolean[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = False
  • Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Sylvanas Windrunner
      • Boolean[(Player number of (Owner of (Attacking unit)))] Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Attacking unit)) at (Position of (Attacked unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add Forked Lightning to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Neutral Naga Sea Witch - Forked Lightning (Attacked unit)
      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)

Level 3
Then how to fix the another trigger, which casts silence? (it should be like the Arcane torrent racial spell of Bloodelves in WoW, not single target)

Level 11
Everyone is blind apparently :p

You used both "Target point of ability being cast" and "Target unit of ability being cast" in your trigger. One of these is incorrect. If the ability is unit-targeted, you should use "Position of target unit of ability being cast" instead of "Target point of ability being cast". If the ability is point-targeted, you should use "Target point of ability being cast" instead of "Target unit of ability being cast".

The forked lightning issue is most likely what others have stated, set the cast point of your dummy unit to 0.

Level 17
Then how to fix the another trigger, which casts silence? (it should be like the Arcane torrent racial spell of Bloodelves in WoW, not single target)

i wrote a example above. anyway u can make higher expiration timer since dummy unit is invisble without collision so isnt a problem

also idk if work target ability point in your example when ability targeted a unit not a point, so u must give the abiility target position not the ability target point

Level 37
Everyone is blind apparently :p

You used both "Target point of ability being cast" and "Target unit of ability being cast" in your trigger. One of these is incorrect. If the ability is unit-targeted, you should use "Position of target unit of ability being cast" instead of "Target point of ability being cast". If the ability is point-targeted, you should use "Target point of ability being cast" instead of "Target unit of ability being cast".

Apparently someone doesn't know triggers inside-out ;)

This is a perfectly valid trigger (if one ignores the leaks) and will create two footmen.
  • Untitled Trigger 013
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Holy Light
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Target point of ability being cast) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) facing Default building facing degrees
Even though the ability is unit targeted, it is actually better to use target point of ability being cast.

Level 3
Thank you, it works now.

But I have quick question to make;

Unit begins channeling X spell.

If the X spell channeling is stopped, then Y trigger turns off.

How to do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.